Just need to vent

bowman54

So yesterday I go to take down my ground blind (I only use it during bow season) and some no good scum took it! It was on my property which is clearly posted. I just can't imagine taking someone else's stand. The blind was a Christmas gift from my wife so hurts even worse. A real man would never do something like this.

i dont know why we as a group do this. the only time i've messed with someones stuff is when it was put on my propery illegally, and even then i've left notes first. Some people really do promote the stereotype that we're all just a bunch of redneck trailer park hicks shooting bambi when a good portion of us are hard working and even white collar suit and ties that like to get in the woods.

you might want to put up some trail cams in some hidden spots because chances are they'll be back.

i dont know why we as a group do this. the only time i've messed with someones stuff is when it was put on my propery illegally, and even then i've left notes first. Some people really do promote the stereotype that we're all just a bunch of redneck trailer park hicks shooting bambi when a good portion of us are hard working and even white collar suit and ties that like to get in the woods.

you might want to put up some trail cams in some hidden spots because chances are they'll be back.

I think the % of scumbags is higher than the % of honest hard working hunters

you can't just blame people who live in trailor parks

I see more and more rich well to do SCUMBAGS every year....that feel entitled and don't have to follow rules because they are above them....remember....money buys nice toys not class

no I don't live in a trailor....I am a very succesfull.....redneck

It makes hunting so miserable. Its discouraging to not only lose hunting land rights but to have scumbags steal. I've had hunting equipment stolen and destroyed. I even once had a20 pound fire extinguisher stolen from the bed of my truck while in the woods. I'm leaning towards paying to go on hunts rather than the same foolishness year after . I don't have the $ to pay to hunt, but I also don't have the $ to have stuff stolen and destroyed.

I don't understand why people do this kind of crap. Years ago, you respected other hunters' property. It was as if there was a "code of honor" between hunters back then. Makes you wonder what's going on in the mind of some of todays hunters.

i visit another forum and ill tell you what a lot of stands have been stolen from private posted land this year i hope every thief falls from those stolen stands and gets what they deserve

I could imagine the thief then filing a civil suit for damages for the dangerous treestand, but that is getting off topic.

I have had a blind stolen as well. Some people...

went to check my camera today at work and it was gone too. One of the mexicans from the tree company (going around the county clearing lines) must have taken it because they were working at my job for 4 days, about 30 of them, and there is crap and toilet paper all around where they were sneaking into the woods to crap. Two of the batteries were laying on the ground right near where it was. I tracked down the manager and told him to find it or he owes me $100. I walked him into the woods and showed him the evidence, waiting for him to call in the morning. Bastards.

I think the % of scumbags is higher than the % of honest hard working hunters

you can't just blame people who live in trailor parks

I see more and more rich well to do SCUMBAGS every year....that feel entitled and don't have to follow rules because they are above them....remember....money buys nice toys not class

no I don't live in a trailor....I am a very succesfull.....redneck

i wasn't trying to blame the trailerparks, sorry if you took it that way. It's the stereotype that i'm referring too. And you're correct all walks of life, gender, race and religion have their scumbags. But when some hunter shoots another or has a slug hit the side of a school the image conjured up is of a slack jawed yocal and i'm sick of being lumped in with that stereotype. Of course there's also the white collar weekend hunter who has $1k in underarmor gear a brand new gun and dressed to impress... these guys tend to shoot at the running deer, trespass knowingly and leave the gall bladder in. haha.