My Freezer is Stocked

Deerthug

The buck was 190 live weight and doe was just about 90 live weight. Thats 280lbs live weight less 30-40 lbs for the guts. I'm guestimating the total meat between 200-225lbs.

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Deerthug

http://www.butcher-p...products_id=331

ya got me curious :) , this suggests that a mature buck with intestines, hide and head removed will weigh about 180#

then after waste products are removed you'd end up with about 40% of that weight in meat so about 72lb

• Carcass weight = Field-dressed weight divided by 1.331
  • Ideal boneless venison weight = Carcass weight multiplied by .67
  • Realistic venison yield = Ideal boneless weight multiplied by .70

Edited by irish_redneck

wasn't being a dick, don't think he was intentionally exagerrating, I think he... like me, did not know any of the numbers for what a deer will yield, now we know. As I said previously, the conversation piqued my curiosity.

Either way congrats on the deer DeerThug :)

No worries. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did real well this year too. I Gave away a 4pt. minus the rack and tender loins. It went to a family of 4 who really needed it. Me and the land owner skinned and quartered it out and dropped it off to them , we even stopped and picked up some freezer paper and tape for them. .....It was like we handed them $1000......Felt good. If you don't need it donate it .

• Like 1

I did real well this year too. I Gave away a 4pt. minus the rack and tender loins. It went to a family of 4 who really needed it. Me and the land owner skinned and quartered it out and dropped it off to them , we even stopped and picked up some freezer paper and tape for them. .....It was like we handed them $1000......Felt good. If you don't need it donate it .

i have been both sides there brother.i give to make up for what was given to me.Thats for sure.I I have a house full.6 kids and a wife.

13BVET - My season so far has been an interruption after another. I still haven't even fired the muzzleloader I bought a month ago. Now I'm going to be labelled as those city folks who do all their prep the day before heading into the woods.