anybody using an ar15 ?

older042

• 4 weeks later...

Took my 6.8SPC out for whitetail season for the first time in 2012. I didn't score with it but only was able to hit the woods on the opener and the day after...There will be deer taken with this AR in the future...It is incredibly accurate.

I've attached a pic of the AR with the camo form tape on it...The target attached was from the first time I took the gun to the range. I attribute the one flyer to the nut behind the trigger.

post-175-0-23107900-1356577842_thumb.jpg

post-175-0-82964200-1356577886_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

AR, heavy, not easy to carry, bullet too small. .308 bolt gun w 3x9 scope is the perfect medicine for NY state deer hunting...ARs good for zombies but for that i like an AK anyday...

When does zombie season end this year? Also, what is the bag limit?

62 grains TSX bullets, no luck with the rifle this year.

If I were hunting deer with a .223, that is the bullet that I would be using...

I have never shot deer with a .223, but I did shoot a couple with a .222 Rem years ago...Both DRT.

My experience with TSX bullets would lead me to believe that with those bullets, the .223 would kill at least as efficiently as some traditional deer calibers, such as the 30-30 Win...

AR, heavy, not easy to carry, bullet too small. .308 bolt gun w 3x9 scope is the perfect medicine for NY state deer hunting...ARs good for zombies but for that i like an AK anyday...

My 6.8 weighs approximately 9lbs when loaded with one 5 rd mag, utilizes a 110 grain Hornady HPBT, and is not difficult to carry...Not sure what kind of AR you are talking about? I've used 10 round PMI Mags that I blocked so that only 5 can be loaded into the mag at a time.