Done with Ameristep Blinds.

I contacted Ameristep on possibly getting a replacemnt skin for my hub blind which is only 6 months old and i paid 140.00 bucks for that a bear decided to rake his claws against and shred like ribbons. They informed me with, ooohhh we dont offer replacement skins for those?? the skin is held on by velcro loops which when undone and with the blind folded could be lifted right off and they have the stones to tell me they dont OFFER that!

I'd call them back...ask for management...then explain to them that in the days of internet...You will gladly find the time to "get the word out" on there poor costumer service...Than ask if they were sure they could not help you out?...if that doesn't work...let contacts know and they/ we can send little e mails to them on the matter......

ppl need to use the net to their advantage not just chats...company's need to step up and if they don't ....then feel the sting from not doing so...never take no for an answer...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I'd call them back...ask for management...then explain to them that in the days of internet...You will gladly find the time to "get the word out" on there poor costumer service...Than ask if they were sure they could not help you out?...if that doesn't work...let contacts know and they/ we can send little e mails to them on the matter......

ppl need to use the net to their advantage not just chats...company's need to step up and if they don't ....then feel the sting from not doing so...never take no for an answer...

I will try contacting them again Grows. And another company i got the ole flim flam from was Wildgame Innovations. A 2 year old trailcam that stopped working, so i called them and they informed me if its over a year old theres nothing that can be done, I said i understand that and would be willing to pay to have it repaired and they told me "WE Dont do that" you should find a camera shop and see what they can do???????? know i know damn well the pc board and other components inside those cams are made for pennys and could easily be swapped out, so i guess im done with Wildgame Innovations also.

That's dumb . I had called them about replacement hubs . The lady told me they didn't have them at the time and would cost $40 for a set of 5 . Why would they have replacement hubs and not the skins ?

yes they do have the replacement hubs, and i would gladly pay 40 bucks for a new skin. well i guess thats the new norm for the American consumer and the Chinese junk we buy?

Hope you don't mind...that bugged me so they were sent this e-mail...

Was on line and read where you refused to sell a replacement skin for a 6mos. old blind a customer bought from you...a bear shredded it...

I will not ,and from what I read many others will not, be purchasing your blinds in the future....Customer service in this day and age counts for something...perhaps when many out door blogs...face book and twitter contacts are told and warned of your lack of customer loyalty the guys in the office will reconsider...Getting the word out before the holidays should not be a problem...Why would someone dish out their hard earned cash on a product that the company will not stand behind in replacement parts...the cover being the most important part

• Like 1

Not a problem...I am so sick to death of companies and the lack of customer service ...product quality and freaking made in China on every thing!! The American consumer has to stop waiting for "government " to do something and start saying NO!!!....We won't take I can't ...that's too bad...go some place else...sorry...ect..ect...

These companies need to hear consumers say...No that's not good enough!...You sold it stand behind it!...You built it or your names on it....get the damn parts!

We stood by as greedy corporate American sold our country out from under us over a very long period of time...first with the Japanese now the Chinese...Well that's my opinion and it isn't changing

• Like 1

The American consumer has to stop waiting for "government " to do something and start saying NO!!!...

Exactly how do you say no when the consumer keeps voting the ones in who push the companies out and they have little choice but to go over seas?..... Cant very well start saying no.... when the consumer says yes..... and votes them back in.... now can we?.....You ever take a look or try to ship anything in large proportions over seas?..... Or look at the import export taxes?............... domestic labor rates?....... foriegn labour rates?.........Ask why its more profitable or rather sustainable to do business outside the US?...........Waiting for the government is a joke...........its us who put those in government that make these issues and rids us of american made product let alone ones that are affordable......... First step in saying NO......VOTE THEM OUT!!!!!!

Well you made my point...consumers look to government as some "machine" that runs things....instead individual components/parts that we install...Yes... our first step is to stop worrying about religion, sex,and what the ppl are doing behind closed doors in their homes as we vote....... We have to look to see how these ppl are tied to big business and our HOME economy.

Smoke and mirrors is all the election process is and voters...consumers..... have to do their jobs and learn who's really the "wizard" behind the screen they are voting for

Regardless of all that rolling over when some voice on the other end of the line reads their script isn't the answer....letting companies know We consumers aren't as lazy... as they think ...and pushing and pushing for better service has to start happening

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

just read the thread and I have a Big House blind. I had a hub break when taking down the blind in the dark. I blamed myself because I lost my patience wrestling with the blind. I was able to purchase replacement parts easily and fixed the problem only to have another hub break the next time I used the blind. Two more hubs have broken since! Needless to say I'm very dissapointed in the blind, it seems as if it is too large when setting up and taking down causing excess stress on the hubs. It's great once up very roomy, But where I hunt I don't leave it up as I don't want to be donating it to a less scrupulous hunter.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...