Can you carry two muzzleloaders

older042

why would anyone want to ??

Thats what I was thinking. I think it would be better ( and cheaper ) to just buy one good one ( T/C ) and learn how to use it if your worried about it misfireing. I know T/C 's are expensive but if you put your pennys in a piggy bank you can have one pretty quick. I'm poor as dirt and I still bought a triumph.

Well i have shot a buck with my rifle and then shot a doe with my pistol in under 2 seconds, still havent learned to reload that fast can do 4 shots in under a min with speed loaders. Or if something is close i use my pistol.BY the way neither of which is a cheap gun or do i worry about a misfire. or how about you knock down a monster buck and before you can reload it gets back up? its nice to have a nice legal second shot handy fast! i will say i prefer a pistol over a secong rifle as the extra weight would be a burden...

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

Exactly, the pistol must be a single shot. You can carry as many single shot muzzleloaders as you wish, but that weight can be immense. I always thought of dressing like black beard and carrying my 3 single shot pistols and my rifle that would scare off some trespassers !lol! You must also have the pistols listed on your permit to legally hunt with them although you can purchase them without a permit..(damn loopholes)

I'm not greedy, I'll take one at a time, if I miss I'll just stop at the supermarket and buy food on the way home . I enjoy being out in the woods the lo.guest I can, I was upset my season was over before I even finished dragging my deer to the truck, now waiting patiently for pray and spray to end and heat up the muzzleloader again.

Nothing wrong with 4 deer ,i just never got into turning a field full of deer into a shooting gallery , thats all. Some people dont have the luxury of spending multiple days hunting and have to get it done while they can . I guess im just lucky to be able to shoot one deer at a time i guess.

I guess Im greedy because I have 4 in the freezer and Im going back for more the next two weeks?

You greedy, no good .... I am hoping to bag no. 4 this week and after that, well .... 5 would be nice. lol

Actually, I gave most of my meat away. Probably have one full deer left. I really do need no. 4 to fill the freezer a bit more. Fingers crossed. Its amazing how many people ask for meat when they know you started hunting.

Muzzle loaders who wish to carry multiple guns must see some deficiency in their choice of firearm. If you cannot feel confident with your muzzle loader...give it up! Just think....originally, the "muzzle loading season" was for "primitive weapons". We have come a long way, have we not?

"Muzzle loaders who wish to carry multiple guns must see some deficiency in their choice of firearm. If you cannot feel confident with your muzzle loader...give it up! Just think....originally, the "muzzle loading season" was for "primitive weapons". We have come a long way, have we not?" .................................................................... You can carry a pistol as long as it is a single shot muzzloader, as for a deficency with a firearm, my guns and i shoot just fine, i like having a pistol with me and can and have taken deer with it out to 75 yrds. i also like my long rifle that shoots well out to 200 yrds.and by the way they are both flintlocks!!!I also have inlines pistols and rifles, side hammers pistols and rifles, and muskets!! Its legal to carry both or all and i will, although i have a full buckskin outfit i prefer to wear orange and that isn't mandatory. just because someone wants to hunt one way or another is not a reason to question their ability with their weapons, if you want to take that challange come to one of the rendevous shoots and put your money where your mouth is!! no optics allowed ......

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1