Good news...

WNY Bowhunter

Well, I didn't punch my tag on a last day wallhanger...but, I am happy to report that two of the top 3 bucks on this year's hitlist survived gun season!!! The buck in my avatar is alive and well and has another large antlered buddy traveling with him. Also, Little Freak-Nasty (the double drop-tine from last year) has resurfaced. Can't wait to see these two next year!!! I'm still hoping that the other buck is going to show back up too. We'll see if he does...

Looks like I have some sheds to find in a few weeks.

Looks like I have some sheds to find in a few weeks.

Now you're talkin'!

As much as I'm sure you wanted to nail that big SOB, you gotta be chmpin' at the bit to get after them antlers!

.... not to mention another go around with those studs on the hoof again next fall!

Good luck finding them horns this year!

How do you know they survived?

A buddy of mine saw Big Boy friday afternoon and his daughter saw him again yesterday morning in the same cloverfield. My buddy got close enough to him earlier in the week to snap a pic of him with his phone while he was in the tractor spreading manure...

I've seen the douple-dropper buck while spotlighting every night this week on the way home from work...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Do you plan on passing them up with the smoke pole if the oppurtunity presents itself??

Here's the cell phone pic of Big Boy that my buddy took out the tractor window a few days ago. He WILL NOT get a pass (I'm not crazy) but I don't plan on hunting him. He's still alive for a reason...

IMG_1881.jpg?t=1355206135

This is Little Freak Nasty. He WILL get a pass if I see him this weekend. He's nocturnal and I'm certain he won't show himself during legal shooting hours anyways...

PICT0007f.jpg?t=1354993053

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

I worked for a local farmer back in the day who use to spread manure and carry his 16 gauge along for the ride. Twice I heard a bunch of shootin and then he would drive back up later with a monster in the spreader.

The gun was in the tractor!!! They lease the fields to work them but the owner allows no hunting on his property.

now that's a real challenge.......

Can't say that I blame him. He was up before dawn and his day didnt end till way after dark lookin after the everyday workings of the farm. Only time he got to shoot something. Not to mention he needed a tractor to haul his 300 lbs frame around. :lol: He was a good man just trying to make a living not some half wit drunken slob hunter riding around in his truck, to lazy to walk out into the woods. He loved his cigars though, I can still remember riding around in his truck during the winter with the windows rolled up and him puffin away on the cigars. :laugh: Died on the operating table getting a heart tune up. His fields are now full of houses. Its a real shame. Anyhow good luck finding the sheds. There is a guy over on the BOWSITE that has already seen 4 bucks that have shed and has picked up a few drops.

i carry my gun on the tractor (unloaded) if im out during hunting season!!! or course that almost always when im driving out to my stand in it... lol (if my trucks in the shop)

if i carried my gun all the time (when im not hunting, still in season tho) there are quite a few deer that may not be alive today......