Late Season

Doc

Want to get the buck to doe ratio back in check. For some reason, doe have come in. Think it's the food source. Also would like to get a first muzzleloader deer. Might as well do my part to raise the dmp success rate. A lot of gun shots during regular season, and a lot of misses too.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Might go out with the muzzle loader this weekend coming up, I still have my regular season buck tag to fill,

can you use your regular season buck tag during late bow and muzzlerloader season. I know you can use left over dmp permits. Also use your unfilled bow and muzzleloader tags. Edited by moose

page 26 in your book according to Keith lavanway region 8 D.E.C. officer as of a conversation yesterday at 10:30 am stated to me that your regular season buck tag is still good as a buck tag in the late muzzleloader,archery season. he actually settled the debate that me and a bunch of buddies were having. seeing as most of them haven't shot a buck this year, so pretty much from the conversation i had it seems as if you could literally shoot two bucks in the late season if you haven't filled your tags.

page 26 in your book according to Keith lavanway region 8 D.E.C. officer as of a conversation yesterday at 10:30 am stated to me that your regular season buck tag is still good as a buck tag in the late muzzleloader,archery season. he actually settled the debate that me and a bunch of buddies were having. seeing as most of them haven't shot a buck this year, so pretty much from the conversation i had it seems as if you could literally shoot two bucks in the late season if you haven't filled your tags.

What?Are you kidding me.It is regular season and mzl/bow season.Not bow/mzl and gun season.I have never heard that before at all.Might want to make sure of that.I wouldn't want some one to read it on here then go out and get a big fine for using wrong tag in wrong season.I mean hell.I should be able to use my bow season buck tag in regular season then.Right?

Tag Can Be Used In

Tag is Valid for

Regular Season Deer Tag Only you may hunt with this tag. No transferring tag to another hunter.

Regular Season Northern Zone Oct 20–Dec 2

Southern Zone Nov 17–Dec 9

Westchester County Regular (bowhunting only) Oct 1–Dec 31

Suffolk County Regular (bowhunting only) Oct 1–Dec 31

Special Firearms Jan 7–31, 2013(weekdays only—special permit, see Deer Hunting Seasons)

Late Season Bowhunting (privilege required) Northern Zone Dec 3–9

Southern Zone Dec 10–18

Late Season Muzzleloading (privilege required) Northern Zone Dec 3–9 (check open areas and dates in Deer Hunting Seasons ) Southern Zone Dec 10–18

Antlered Deer Only

Except: May be used for Antlered or Antlerless Deer as follows:

• In Westchester County (WMU 3S).
  • In Suffolk County (WMU 1C).
  • In areas restricted to bowhunting only. (WMUs 4J and 8C)
  • In late seasons (with bowhunting or muzzleloading privilege).
  • Next Fall, September 27–30, 2013 in the Northern Zone bowhunting season with 2012/13 bowhunting privilege.

1-Regular-Season_opt_opt.png

http://www.eregulations.com/newyork/hunting/deer-hunting-tag-descriptions/

Tag Can Be Used In

Tag is Valid for

Regular Season Deer Tag Only you may hunt with this tag. No transferring tag to another hunter.

Regular Season Northern Zone Oct 20–Dec 2

Southern Zone Nov 17–Dec 9

Westchester County Regular (bowhunting only) Oct 1–Dec 31

Suffolk County Regular (bowhunting only) Oct 1–Dec 31

Special Firearms Jan 7–31, 2013(weekdays only—special permit, see Deer Hunting Seasons)

Late Season Bowhunting (privilege required) Northern Zone Dec 3–9

Southern Zone Dec 10–18

Late Season Muzzleloading (privilege required) Northern Zone Dec 3–9 (check open areas and dates in Deer Hunting Seasons ) Southern Zone Dec 10–18

Antlered Deer Only

Except: May be used for Antlered or Antlerless Deer as follows:

• In Westchester County (WMU 3S).
  • In Suffolk County (WMU 1C).
  • In areas restricted to bowhunting only. (WMUs 4J and 8C)
  • In late seasons (with bowhunting or muzzleloading privilege).
  • Next Fall, September 27–30, 2013 in the Northern Zone bowhunting season with 2012/13 bowhunting privilege.

1-Regular-Season_opt_opt.png

http://www.eregulati...g-descriptions/

so according to this it can be used to harvest a doe in the late MZL season

• Like 1