Should i post my project here?

Hunting3m

For school i have to write a persuasive essay. My topic is on gun controll and the second ammendment and how i feel about it, would you guys like to see it when i am done? Btw i am in 8th grade. If so, start a new post, or post it on this one?

Hang on, I need to Google "pursuasive"...................................................................OK, I'm ready now. Let's hear it!

Edited by Lawdwaz

For school i have to write a persuasive essay. My topic is on gun controll and the second ammendment and how i feel about it, would you guys like to see it when i am done? Btw i am in 8th grade. If so, start a new post, or post it on this one?

You check with Mom and Dad on that one?

here it is guys :yahoo:

Gun Control and the Second Amendment

The Second Amendment states the citizens right to own and bear firearms. Freedom to pose arms is a guaranteed citizen right. If the constitutional rights of a citizen are violated, it can be a major issue.

Gun control has been an issue for years. A majority of citizens believe that if gun control is strictly enforced it would demolish the threat of crime. Many innocent people feel they have the right to bear arms for protection and hunting. These people are penalized for protecting their lives or for enjoying an innocent sport. To enforce gun control throughout the nation, means violating a persons rights. Although some people feel that the issue of gun control will reduce crime, the issue should not exist due to the fact that guns are necessary for self defense against crime. Enforcing gun control is violating a citizens Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Guns are evil and horrible to some because of the violence that they create. People feel guns are weapons of death. They believe that the more guns with which our society has access to, the greater the chance for accidents or violence involving fire arms to occur. It is a proven fact that handguns have been the murder weapon of choice. Guns are involved in lots of homicide cases. People believe that society relies on weapons that create harm and criminals, therefore, these weapons should be outlawed. However, law abiding citizens have the right to protect themselves against danger. In light of the recent shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, many people feel that the shooting would have been prevented if there was stricter gun control. I feel that had this very disturbed man wanted to harm those children he would have found a way to do so even if he had no guns. I also think that if all schools were to have an armed and trained officer or security guard on duty at all times this horrible tragedy possibly would not have happened or maybe more innocent lives would have been saved because the security guard would have been able to use his weapon to harm the shooter and protect the children.

I was speaking with a friend about this issue recently. He said that he thinks it's okay if the Government takes away the ability for civilians to purchase and own all military issue weapons, such as the ones used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, but to take away sporting rifles used to feed families, such as mine and his, that is what he feels is really wrong. There are 12.6 million legal hunters in the US today. And I bet you a majority of those feed their families with the venison the animals provide. And for the people who do not eat what they kill, every state that allows hunting has a venison donation program that donates the uneaten meat to homeless shelters. So not only do guns provide protection, but they also provide food, jobs, memories, and hobbies for many people to enjoy.

Due to the ownership of guns, burglaries have reduced greatly. This fact was proven with a poll taken after and before Australia banned all weapons. After the ban of guns, the number of burglaries went up due to the lack of self defense people can provide their families. A gun is a tool, guns don't kill people. People kill people. The matter depends on who is using the gun and what situation it is involved in.

Purchasing a weapon legally is complex. When my father and I purchased our first gun, he had to enter all his personal information, so the store could run a background check on him. But even then he went to the store and purchased the gun and left with the gun the same day. The gun buyer must go through a two month waiting period to obtain a handgun. These procedures guarantee the innocence and reliability of a gun owner, or so they say. There should be NO military issue weapons available to purchase by civilians. You do not need an AR to hunt deer when a Remington hunting rifle does the same thing. I also feel to own a gun you need to have a hunting license, period. To obtain your hunting license you need to attend two and sometimes three full day classes and pass the over 100 question exam at the end of each day. The majority of the classes are safety and ethics, if you want a gun you need to know those rules. Even though I support the right to bear arms I do feel that they should do a more thorough procedure to be able to own a gun. I feel they should find a way to check back on the persons medical background to ensure they have no mental issues that may mean they are capable of harming others purposefully.

Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws. This is why all citizens should be aware of all of their constitutional rights. Enforcing gun control is not going to have an effect on the crime rate, because it will not keep criminals from purchasing weapons. Gun owners have to protect themselves from these criminals, and all gun owners must be informed of their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

• Like 3

Consider your comment that having a hunting license should be a prerequisite to owning a gun. How does that affect or impact the goal of allowing citizens to protect themselves from crime for the non-hunter? Would a training course for the non-hunter suffice? Just a thought. Not sure your grade level, but its a good essay. Good luck.