shootings

G-Man

Geno, wish that was true read the links, been happining for a long time, maybe your to young to remember the kent state shootings, or the amish shooting just a few years ago. the media has just jumped on this like a crow on roadkill... lobbing for its own agenda against guns... and everyone hate lobbiests... what ever happend to fair and unbiased news reporting?

i am very aware of what the media tries to play and down play.... My point is weather or not shootings in schools have been happening since the 1700s is not exactly relative to todays times. While yes shootings have occurred my point is kids bringing a gun into a school trying to take the life of one person they may have an issue with or some sort of gang related issue BUT now a days kids bringing guns to school have intent to not take just one life but to take many followed by their own. with all those dates listed over hundreds of years i wonder even if the last 6 shooting we had, more lives were taken in those 6 then atleast half the shootings you listed. You stated that you said Media does not have play in situations like this but i disagree... try t remember the victims in Columbine, remember any names with out a simple google search? i bet you can tell me the name of the shooter tho. Media give wackos like this WAY TO MUCH publicity! sends a signal as if you can take the lives of many and be remembered for years to come.

Did any of these prior school shootings have 20 six and seven year olds shot dead and filled up with several bullet holes each?? Didn't go thru your list, but I highly doubt it.

That's all you took away from...actually a very good post? You do realize dead is dead...be it gun..bomb...ect ect...The tragedy is, if you were to take every single gun in the world away...a person(s) would carry out such acts in another manner

We all forget...Oh boy... before I finish lets keep religion out of this...We are animals with a highly functioning brain...Thus us referring to our self as Human...What defines our humanity from the lower animal species is...a conscience.

Not every human is born with a strong functioning conscience...having the mental ability to figure out ways to accomplish what ever goals they imagine with out a nagging little voice to say that's not right...

Until there is some firm way to weed these ppl out of society and find a fix...there will always be some sort of tragedy happening in the world at any given moment regardless of the weapon of choice

Edited by growalot

Mass murder is not a problem limited to this country, or to any particular type of gun or weapon for that matter. Lets take the blinders off and look around. Some interesting stats and facts....

http://en.wikipedia....rampage_killers

mass murder is not a problem in this country??? we have had 31 mass murders since Columbine in the US alone, 17 world wide. is it our drinking water??? if as a combine the whole world aside from the US is only 17 id say we are down playing something here or severely over looking something.

Yes, EVERY life is precious. Too bad you fellas don't give a damn about life. All you guys care about is that your lives are protected with those pistols strapped to your belts, while you could care less what happens to people who don't feel we should live in a society where everyone needs to be armed at all times, including teachers and school children. Screwed up world we live in, that's for damned sure.

the world we live in is changing and fast... times are changing and if you dont keep up or smarting up then your left behind. whats screwed up is the fact that most Americans can give 2 craps what happens to someone else right infront of their very own eyes, they simply do not want to get involved. they have TV shows based on this on how people will do the most amazing messed up stuff and its scary howmany americans DO NOT even want to get involved or say anything! the problem is no one stands up or speaks up. i guy got ran over by a train and instead of lending a hand he grabbed his cell phone to take a video almost 1 minute long, thats sad....

Honestly, some of you simply CANNOT see passed a gun barrel. Sorry I have to tell you but that pretty much sums it up with all the nonsense putting blame on everything under the sun, but NEVER a gun. It will be up to you and NOT me to convince society that you aren't the same type of nutjobs that these mass killing shooters were. Good luck to you all!

mass murder is not a problem in this country??? we have had 31 mass murders since Columbine in the US alone, 17 world wide. is it our drinking water??? if as a combine the whole world aside from the US is only 17 id say we are down playing something here or severely over looking something.

Read Geno. "Mass murder is not a problem LIMITED to this country". geeeesh

Honestly, some of you simply CANNOT see passed a gun barrel. Sorry I have to tell you but that pretty much sums it up with all the nonsense putting blame on everything under the sun, but NEVER a gun. It will be up to you and NOT me to convince society that you aren't the same type of nutjobs that these mass killing shooters were. Good luck to you all!

AGAIN.... Blind eye to the facts.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

i think in part tragedies like this are caused by viollent video games... on another forum some dads were talking about how since this happened they cleaned out there sons video game collections and one dad was saying how his son was telling him about the one game the one option to end the game is to take your self out.... i think thats crazy

I didnt say that Geno, I said its not a problem limited to this country, or any particular type of weapon. It happens everywhere, and has been since the dawn of time.

I didnt say that Geno, I said its not a problem limited to this country, or any particular type of weapon. It happens everywhere, and has been since the dawn of time.

it is everywhere in the world and can be carried out using any blund object or explosive ect... we get that... my point is why since the Columbine incident is there 31 acts in the US and only 17 world wide, same time frame... who cares about guns.. im not saying guns here. im pro guns and will die that way. guns are not the problem here we all can agree so who lets move on. there is an underlying issue here and its way above guns. no one said mass murders are LIMITED to the US so where you and culver read that, i dont know. i am say us as a country we pass the entire world in that aspect, why??

it is everywhere in the world and can be carried out using any blund object or explosive ect... we get that... my point is why since the Columbine incident is there 31 acts in the US and only 17 world wide, same time frame... who cares about guns.. im not saying guns here. im pro guns and will die that way. guns are not the problem here we all can agree so who lets move on. there is an underlying issue here and its way above guns. no one said mass murders are LIMITED to the US so where you and culver read that, i dont know. i am say us as a country we pass the entire world in that aspect, why??

WTF.....I didn't say shit about other countries and WNY said it isn't a problem LIMITED to us. It is everywhere. Which it is. Back the freak up

The whole point of this is, it is not guns,or any other device that can be used to kill (sticks and stones kill as well) it is the uncontrollable human mind that is the problem...... so all that is left is for an individual to learn to defend ones self/other thru legal means... as any kind of regulation seeks to control devices which are not the problem inanimate objects can't kill they need a person/person behind them wielding them if you would... stop blaming the object place the blame on the individual. Learn to protect yourself/others. Not pushing for arming every teacher with a gun. But why not mace/pepper spray/ tazers, stun guns. Properly trained an individual could not walk room to room shooting with out some resistance. Putting your head in a hole and closing your eyes wishing for a peaceful world is like asking a thirsty dog not to drink water from its bowl....

• Like 3

WTF.....I didn't say shit about other countries and WNY said it isn't a problem LIMITED to us. It is everywhere. Which it is. Back the freak up

calm down, WTH are you talking about?? did i ever say in any of my posts that you even mentioned other countries?? I WAS MENTIONED IT, not you and i never recall saying you did. i was making a point based on statistics. seriously, some of you need to chill out. everyone is so jumpy.everyone is so opinionated that they cant wait t otalk and never understand anyone else.

The whole point of this is, it is not guns,or any other device that can be used to kill (sticks and stones kill as well) it is the uncontrollable human mind that is the problem...... so all that is left is for an individual to learn to defend ones self/other thru legal means

The sick mind provides the intent or the motive. The weapon provides the means. Your argument ignores the fact that without the means (the weapon), there is no crime/tragedy. You choose to disregard the role of the weapon because it suits your personal agenda.

The whole point of this is, it is not guns,or any other device that can be used to kill (sticks and stones kill as well) it is the uncontrollable human mind that is the problem...... so all that is left is for an individual to learn to defend ones self/other thru legal means

The sick mind provides the intent or the motive. The weapon provides the means. Your argument ignores the fact that without the means (the weapon), there is no crime/tragedy. You choose to disregard the role of the weapon because it suits your personal agenda.

No. you choose to disregard the fact that with motive they will find the means wether it is a firearm or not. Why? becasue that fits your personal agenda. Ironic huh?

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

And your argument ignores the fact that when you remove one tool , another one steps up to take its place

If someone wants to kill, they will. Thats the bottom line. Doesnt matter if they burn people up in a fire, crash a car into them, use explosives, shoot them, stab them, etc.

So, you can say with absolute certainty that all those kids would be dead today even if he hadn't had easy access to a closet full of assault rifles and ammo?

Yes, EVERY life is precious. Too bad you fellas don't give a damn about life. All you guys care about is that your lives are protected with those pistols strapped to your belts, while you could care less what happens to people who don't feel we should live in a society where everyone needs to be armed at all times, including teachers and school children. Screwed up world we live in, that's for damned sure.

Every life is precious but some lives hold a lot more politic clout then others. If the politicians thought every life was precious they would have introduce legislation after some wacko walked in an Amish school and gunned down the children in PA a few years back. Apparently no ones cares about those kids that lost there life.

Or there was the movie theater shooting this summer, again who would be crazy enough to jeopardize their reelection by called for gun controller after that event. Apparently no one though gun control was needed then either.