Just got this from Midway

MACHINIST

Dear Valued Customer,

I'm sure you're well aware that on January 15, 2013, New York passed and the Governor signed into law the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. Now, I'm no politician, but it looks like all this law does is keep law abiding New Yorkers from purchasing or owning certain products, many of which we sell. While, I've always been against bad people doing bad things, I've also always been against honest folks being deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights. It pains me that New Yorkers are going to suffer for the acts of the wicked who don't obey laws.

When this law went into effect last week, MidwayUSA rushed to comply and keep our Customers and our company from doing anything illegal. Since this 39-page law was written and approved by people who don't know what a gun is or the difference between bullets and ammunition, we had to spend a lot of time sorting through the legalese to fully understand the details. To say the least, the law was confusing, so we erred on the side of caution. It looks like we jumped the gun a little and we are truly sorry for that.

Now that we've had time to read through the law several times and have received some answers from the NY State Police, we can fix our mistakes. Effective immediately, we've lifted our newly imposed New York restrictions on ammunition, reloading components and magazines with a capacity of 8 to 10-rounds. Now, unfortunately, we'll have to reinstate these when each portion of the law goes into effect (April 15, 2013 for magazines and January 15, 2014 for ammo). And, we'll have to reinstate these restrictions about 2-weeks prior to the effective dates to make sure Customers have these products prior to those dates (clarified by an attorney for the NY State Police).

One last thing, if you had a backorder for these products and we cancelled it, we're in the process of contacting you to see if you want this backorder recreated.

Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused you. Please understand, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers.

Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield Larry Potterfield

Larry Potterfield,

Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

Sounds like everything they do is more for their own benefit in terms of liability than it is for the customer. Typical capitalistic company out for themselves. Now they're trying to make up for their lack of balls and to drum up some business before the ban goes into affect.

Won't be getting my business.

I think I can understand their position. If you read through a lot of threads on this forum you begin to sense all the confusion and mis-interpretations that are going on among all of us. I can see where they needed some time to figure out how to comply with the new law and avoid being shut out of NYS completely via legal sanctions through inadvertant violations.

The one thing that no one seems to be talking about is bullet components. Are these things such as brass, primers, etc. being treated as ammunition or not? I haven't seen a word about these kinds of products anywhere. I'm almost afraid to ask any officials for fear that theymay recognize it as a loophole that needs closing ..... lol.

Sounds like everything they do is more for their own benefit in terms of liability than it is for the customer. Typical capitalistic company out for themselves. Now they're trying to make up for their lack of balls and to drum up some business before the ban goes into affect.

Are you kidding me? They suspended shipping to NY uintil they could get clarification on this "clear as mud" law. They freaking people the voted on it ddin't even know what it said or meant. How do you think their business would have held up with some weapons charges against them. It took them 5 days to clarify the legality of it. Get real

• Like 2

I think I can understand their position. If you read through a lot of threads on this forum you begin to sense all the confusion and mis-interpretations that are going on among all of us. I can see where they needed some time to figure out how to comply with the new law and avoid being shut out of NYS completely via legal sanctions through inadvertant violations.

The one thing that no one seems to be talking about is bullet components. Are these things such as brass, primers, etc. being treated as ammunition or not? I haven't seen a word about these kinds of products anywhere. I'm almost afraid to ask any officials for fear that theymay recognize it as a loophole that needs closing ..... lol.

SHHHHHHH!!!

Midway had shopped shipments of those too. I also believe Cabela's did as well.

I would guess anyone who has a business is doing it for their own benefit, can't blame them for making sure they're operating within the law before going back to business as usual. As noble as it sounds, I can't imagine anyone jeopardizing their interests for a few bucks.

• Like 2

It was for me , they wouldn't ship me .452 deep curls or .452 XTPs along with sabots. I commend them for the email sent , but truly wish they would have known the facts before not allowing us customers to place the orders as we have done for years.

With in ten minutes of the denied order from Midway USA I placed a order for the same bullets from Powder valley { they must have been aware of the new laws } then Cabelas for sabots both with no issues. I actually got the sabots 4 days ahead of the due date from Cabelas.

Steve

• Like 1

I just hope the same folks that cry and bitch about people not joining the NRA is not the same ones supporting these businesses that has their tail tucked between their legs first minute a law is passed.

if it passed as law why would anyone knowingly violate it? They aren't in business to challenge laws, that falls at the feet of those we elect and pay for that purpose.

Which they did. Did they not stop all shipments as soon as the law was passed? Did they not admit that they were wrong? They could have at least shipped items that were placed prior to the law being passed, but they didn't do that either.

There are other companies that was shipping prior, during, and after the law was passed. Those are the companies that I choose to keep my business. Unless you feel it necessary to tell me how I should shop, would you?

Which they did. Did they not stop all shipments as soon as the law was passed? Did they not admit that they were wrong? They could have at least shipped items that were placed prior to the law being passed, but they didn't do that either.

There are other companies that was shipping prior, during, and after the law was passed. Those are the companies that I choose to keep my business. Unless you feel it necessary to tell me how I should shop, would you?

nope, I get the point you're making as I'm sure you get mine, business is just that, business.........just like politics is politics, they're all out for themselves and what will further their success.

They are no different from a local gun shop that took everything in question off the shelf and out of site the day this shit was passed. You can't blame

them

I expect a lot of things to be done in the name of unified fighting of invasive gun laws that punish the innocent. However, none of those things should include companies putting themselves out of business. I really don't see what is accomplished by that.

I just hope the same folks that cry and bitch about people not joining the NRA is not the same ones supporting these businesses that has their tail tucked between their legs first minute a law is passed.

Its not like they came out with some kind of anti gun or anti black gun statement. What you are suggesting is completely ridiculous and just as much of a baseless knee jerk reaction to something as these gun laws are.

I dont blame any company for stopping and having a lawyer look at any new laws that come to light.Just remember they have a ton more to loose than you or I if they get fined because thats how they make their business.I would be ordering from them right now but the ammo I need is out of stock and no back order.