$1,000,000 Manditory Insurance for Gun Owners Bill

NYS Assemblyman Felix Ortiz from Brooklyn thinks everyone with a gun should be forced to have a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy. Feel free to let his office know what you think about that....

404 55th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11220

718-492-6334

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld&bn=A03908&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Text=Y&Votes=Y

these politician have no boundaries in these outlandish wants and needs. whats scary is we have all these politicians trying to control something they have not the slightest clue on. 90% of them never even fired a gun so who are they to say whats rash and not?

• Like 1

these politician have no boundaries in these outlandish wants and needs. whats scary is we have all these politicians trying to control something they have not the slightest clue on. 90% of them never even fired a gun so who are they to say whats rash and not?

Exactly. . . Every time a politician talks about guns, its obvious that he/she has no idea what they are talking about.

Watch the Diane Fienstine interview with Bill Schieffer on face the nation. She is either a bold faced liar or a total moron. Either way these are the type of idiots we have dictating gun laws to us.

If you hear them use the term "assault rifle" it means that they have not a clue about guns. I don't know any knowledgeable gun owner that would ever use the term "assault rifle". Jessie Jackson recently said that semi-automatic rifles should all be banned because they could be used to shoot down airplanes or to blow up trains. I was hoping someone would then ask him about bolt actions, lever, actions, or single shots because they shoot the same ammunition. Statements like that show that the people proposing and sometimes making the laws are as clueless as could be.

two points to add:

(1) how is it constitutional to require someone to buy insurance to exercise a constitutional right?

(2) all the people murdered with firearms in America are victims of wrongful death and thus their heirs are already free to sue the responsible parties (murders).

The most disturbing part of the bill is

"SPECIFICALLY COVERING ANY DAMAGES RESULT-

7 ING FROM ANY NEGLIGENT OR WILLFUL ACTS INVOLVING THE USE OF SUCH FIREARM

8 WHILE IT IS OWNED BY SUCH PERSON."

Will your insurance be used to provide medical coverage or death benefits to a burglar that you shoot while in your house? Imagine your premium increases then!!!

I have seen estimates of $165 per $100,000 of coverage. I don't know it that is unit cost or if there is an economy of scale. but if it is a per unit cost then 10 units would be required and could build to an annual cost of $1,650 per year. I bet that the number of firearms you own would increase a premium and who knows what insurance companies would use as a basis to judge your risk factors.

i find some of these outlandish proposals so BOGUS. Honestly pass it, the more bogus BS they pass the less i want to follow suit. There are loopholes in just about everything. Unless they amend the constitution to state in order to bare arms you need Ins. i will never do it. theres going to come a point where WE the people will need to make a stand.

• Like 1

If this passes, I will open my NYS Firearm Insurance. Everybody on this site can pay me for their insurance coverage. It will be $10/year per person regardless of the amount of guns. Please do me a favor and don't screw up and do something wrong. If you ever actually need the insurance, don't try to find me. I will disappear.

• Like 1

the secretary was surprised because they're in a separate world down there in NYC. also, yea i looked into the cost a little bit too and it'll most likely cost a lot. many may not be able to afford it. also, insurance is too subjective with something not established like this. not so much worried about this being passed as much as making sure it does not go unnoticed. can't have it slip through like the SAFE ACT.

two points to add:

(1) how is it constitutional to require someone to buy insurance to exercise a constitutional right?

(2) all the people murdered with firearms in America are victims of wrongful death and thus their heirs are already free to sue the responsible parties (murders).

its not an insurance policy its a tax (supreme court ruling on obama care) so yes in that respect they can make you buy 'insurance'. now how that tax is used....taxes on firearms go to outdoor funds...thats the part they dont understand. they wont get the money. if someone explained that to them they wouldnt push this agenda.

I think its all just part if the antis' ploy. They wont go door to door collecting guns, they will just try to find way$ that will make buying and possessing guns so expensive, that a lot of gun owners will just say "screw it" and give up. I don't think they realize what a high noncompliance rate they will have with their goofy leftist laws.

I just heard a clip on the radio. Nancy (The face ) Palosi just said that she believes that under the FIRST amendment, people have a right to keep a gun to protect themselves. OMG!!! They just get in front of the camera and flap their gums. It doesn't matter what comes out ....just talk. They think we are all morons that will buy what ever they say.