List of Gun and Supply Companies boycotting NY

http://www.ncgunblog...w-york-boycott/

Also contact info for major arms suppliers for state governments send them an email stateing you will no longer buy there products untill they stop selling to NY or any other state that enacts these types of laws. If they want to sell out then we close them down and make opportunities for other companies to sell there products. If anyone has any other companies to add then go ahead.

http://www.remington...mpany-info.aspx

http://www.ruger.com.../directory.html

http://www.smith-wes...14_757812_image

http://www.wincheste...tail.asp?id=244

http://www.kimberlaw...com/contact-us/

Edited by erussell
  • Like 1

I read that article just now. I understand what he is trying to do by setting this list and telling people to send emails to arms manufacturers that are currently selling to NY gov and residents asking them to stop those such sales. I get the point however, if all those companies stop selling to NY then the Govt wins, again... now you have a list of companies who wont sell to anti gun states thus hurting the people even more . think of it this way if all the gun companies stop sales to New York where and what will we purchase???

• Like 1

When Glock, Sig, H&K, Smith & Wesson stop selling to NY, then someone might take notice. Aint gonna happen. It is more a point being made, an act of solidarity. The bottom line? Means nothing. Even if every firearm company would not sell to NY (not happening) You dont think the Federal Government would step in and sell NY what it needs? (Straw purchase, lol.)

It is a nice gesture to the law abiding gun owners to NY. But thats it.

Its not stop selling to NY residents its stop selling to the NY police, sherrif's ect. This would include spare parts, bullets, ect. The cost to NY Gov for replacements would sky rocket making it even more costly to pass such restrictions and hit gun manufacturers in there pocket if they continue the hypocrisy of claiming to support the 2nd ammendment and gun owners rights while filling their pockets with money and arming Governments that will do anything to take that right away. I do not feel bad for Remington or Kimber or any other gun company in NY. They choose to stay here and I would suspect that the NY Gov gives them some sort of tax break for doing so. Though I cannot verify that for sure, but it seems to be the way of doing business in NY. Companies threaten to leave and NY is right there with bribe money to keep them here and pass the cost on to the NY tax payer. I for one will not buy a new gun from any of these companies untill they grow a pair. There are plenty of used ones in circulation. Unfortunately I will still have to buy ammo from them. And this isnt just for NY its any state that en acts these laws. California has a bunch of companies that wont sell to them also.

Edited by erussell

I actually thing this hurts us. Boycotting selling to government agencies is one thing. But not selling to the citizens is actually what the State wants. It's a self imposed ban and something a lot of the politicians would do if they thought they could. It's big tobacco all over again. They wont ban cigs, but they'll make it damn near non-profitable or economically impossible to feed the habit.

Cuomo: "Oh you're not selling your guns and accessories in my state? Great!"

Gun Manufacturers "but you're losing sales tax and industry"

Cuomo: "ha, this has been happening for years anyhow; have you seen our taxes and employment numbers?"

Edited by Belo

When Glock, Sig, H&K, Smith & Wesson stop selling to NY, then someone might take notice. Aint gonna happen. It is more a point being made, an act of solidarity. The bottom line? Means nothing. Even if every firearm company would not sell to NY (not happening) You dont think the Federal Government would step in and sell NY what it needs? (Straw purchase, lol.)

It is a nice gesture to the law abiding gun owners to NY. But thats it.

I agree. Maybe more promotional then anything else. I mean it's great that they're doing this, don't get me wrong but a company like Cheaper Than Dirt...did ever even have a government contract to begin with? It's easy to say you're going to sacrifice your sales when your sales was at zero to begin with.

I actually thing this hurts us. Boycotting selling to government agencies is one thing. But not selling to the citizens is actually what the State wants. It's a self imposed ban and something a lot of the politicians would do if they thought they could. It's big tobacco all over again. They wont ban cigs, but they'll make it damn near non-profitable or economically impossible to feed the habit.

Cuomo: "Oh you're not selling your guns and accessories in my state? Great!"

Gun Manufacturers "but you're losing sales tax and industry"

Cuomo: "ha, this has been happening for years anyhow; have you seen our taxes and employment numbers?"

Most of the formal announcements I have read said they would not sell police of Govt anything that the normal citizen couldn't buy under the new law. If they want to buy something like a Kahr CW 9 mm that holds 7 in the mag, they will sell it but not a pistol that we can't buy. It is basically a token gesture unles we get major manufacturers to follow suit. When the smoke clears I, for one, will be more likely to purchase from a maker that stood with us than one that remained silent or said they wouldn't stand with us.

• Like 4

I was P.O.'d by the Thumbs up / Thumbs down from the Rochester D&C today . Apparently one of those liberal clowns didn't like the fact that many of the suppliers were siding with the 2nd Amendment folks .

Those are the kind of newspaper editorial comments that really deserve the use of the "letters to the editor" feature. The Canandaigua Messenger has been red-hot with some pretty good letters lately.

not sure how much truth there is to this, but someone told me PA is offering to pay for Remingtons moving expenses to relocate. Something like a thousand jobs.

I would not be surprised. PA is desperate right now. They are hurting financially and would do anything to give their employment rate and economy a boost.

not sure how much truth there is to this, but someone told me PA is offering to pay for Remingtons moving expenses to relocate. Something like a thousand jobs.

I bet is is more than 1,000 directly employed by Remington. They just put on over 200 for the new M4 contract alone. I bet they have to be 1,300 to 1,400. That doesn't even touch all the indirect. supporting business. That would be a death blow for the valley.

I bet is is more than 1,000 directly employed by Remington. They just put on over 200 for the new M4 contract alone. I bet they have to be 1,300 to 1,400. That doesn't even touch all the indirect. supporting business. That would be a death blow for the valley.

yeah and i'd hate to see hard working people lose their jobs. Sure would send a message though...

Ive heard there are a few sweetheart deals from more states than just PA. Ive heard free facilities, tax breaks, etc etc. If there is any truth behind these rumors, we will most likely see Remington leave if this safeact isnt struck down.

I have heard NC and SC tossed around as well as Texas. I can't remember which state but I think years back they moved some of their manufacturing and R&D out of state to Ky or Tn or NC. I also thought some of thier wood products were already made out of state.

If it does stay around and you all are down that way their little Museum in the Ilion Plant is worth a look see. (Oh and it it pronounce ill-e-un.....lol)

I would hate to see remington leave but this is what happens when officials go after there own agendas with disregard of the colateral damage. If remington does leave im sure they will offer transfers to alot if not all the employees. I hope the light comes on in albany before the last person out shuts it off on the way out.