More Success - AM or PM?

Cabin Fever

I like the afternoon for bow, but I can't miss a morning either. I can say I see more movement in pm than am. Speaking of which ....probably should be a new topic (not trying to hijack the thread) but these blood tracking flashlights? Anyone use them? Work not work, worth the money or not?

Kind of funny to watch the Primos hunting show and even they don't use their own red/green blood tracker light when tracking at night!

I always chuckle when watching how a dead deer is presented on TV for the viewers. Very rarely is the deer piled up, Q-Smile and blood everywhere. Typically, the recovery is sanitized as to not upset the non-hunter.

I would love to see the edited outakes!

I always chuckle when watching how a dead deer is presented on TV for the viewers. Very rarely is the deer piled up, Q-Smile and blood everywhere. Typically, the recovery is sanitized as to not upset the non-hunter.

I would love to see the edited outakes!

I agree, except when they put a Rage through the cage! Kind of hard to clean up that mess! LOL

Love it when the TV celebs get one down.

First thing they do is stick the tongue back in its mouth and then look it over.

Like that makes it appear more photogenic.

To a hunter, a dead deer is a trophy with all the blood, guts, tongue & all.

To a non-hunter, not such a pretty sight I'd think.

Thats a good ? and got me thinking over the last 30 plus years and dividing it up in am...mid day...pm .....it's been about equal with the am/pm being a bit more..That being said...divide it up further and I get bigger buck ...for me the 8pts...have been higher midday /pm

Both are fine . For a few years , I would quit hunting about an hour before quitting time . I didn't want to hit one in low light and have to track in the dark . But ...... that's when the deer start moving in one of the areas I hunt . Last year I got my bow kill late in the afternoon .

I've never had to let one lay overnight, but I highly doubt if I did there would be much left! Bet the coyotes would have a feast! A couple of guys that I known told me that after letting their deer lay overnight, the only thing they had left in the morning was tenderloin and antlers. I'm very surprised at how often the guys on the hunting shows let their deer lay overnight and then find them in the morning, with no coyote damage.

There's nothing better than the morning, waiting for the sun and the woods to wake up.  I think because of that feeling, I hunt with more zeal in the morning and have had greater success.  I never feel as confident at evening spots...a hang-up I need to get over to increase my opportunites.