RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawdwaz

A couple months ago I got a call from a customer for a horrible odor in their hair salon/spa. The owner told me he knew it was a dead rat somewhere.....we looked for a couple hours to no avail. The building is 125 years old and cracks & crevices are everywhere. Pinpointing the odor was very difficult. I put two of my odor control machines in place to help with the stench. After a few days the smell got real bad in one area and I made one more desperate search in an area that had been looked at a bunch of times.

Up and under one of the pedicure chairs I found the little SOB. I almost puked.....I grabbed one of the girls THIN latex gloves and reached up and pulled him out.

If you looked close you could see him/her right below the center of the seat in the horizontal area between the seat and the spa chair base. (right below the customers crotch!)

54270A44-056A-4C3A-A489-C6BEEA1D657C-166

Before I pulled him out I thought I'd get a glamor shot of him. Darned Iphone comes in handy.......

82AB1F05-E99B-4159-B60E-5482DDC0C49B-166

The puddle of body fluids that I had to clean up was the worst of the job. Hard to describe that.

This all happened February 13th, the day before one of their busiest days of the year.

I wonder what did him in ??

Do you suppose that Rosie O'Donnell had a hair appointment and had a little intestinal distress and GASSED the unfortunate little rodent to death  ??

Naw...Couldn't have been Rosie..The chair wasn't big enough...

• Like 5

You mean the RAT, or ROSIE...???...

OK just the name mentioned...I have a profound dislike for that woman...one that brings to mind a knee to her crotch reaction or a spit in her eye...really two disgusting actions...but I could see doing should I  ever have to hear her voice in person......Rant done

OK just the name mentioned...I have a profound dislike for that woman...one that brings to mind a knee to her crotch reaction or a spit in her eye...really two disgusting actions...but I could see doing should I  ever have to hear her voice in person......Rant done

Remember Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnell in the media ? That was great entertainment.

Dang ...she's lucky that didn't happen before a State inspection....eewwww

A man owns the salon and he hunts.  I think even a state inspector would have to cut them some slack as there was nothing you could do other than close.  The clients were pretty cool about it other than a little more bitching than usual. <grin>

I had two odor control machines going and we searched high & low for the source.  The building is next to a high end restaurant and thats the reason they are (were?) around. 

The odor was brutal UNTIL the rat was removed.  The next day the odor was completely gone.

If I EVER deserved a serious tip, this was it.  Unfortunately all I got was a gift certificate for a pedicure, I kid you not.