Beaver Dam Cam Pics

josephmrtn

I dont know... prob are,

the beavers were there years ago and got trapped out but just in the past 2 yrs or so they came back... yes i DO have more pics... (out in the trail cam still) but at this point ive only got night-time workin on the dam pics... i want some daytime ones!!! 

I love beaver ponds. They always become the center for so much wildlife. Generally, racoons, muskrats and mink hang around the ponds, and then the waterfowl and other birds are drawn to it like a magnet. Foxes and coyotes usually make regular visits, and the mud along the dam and some of the edges makes it a tracker's paradise. I remember when I was a youngster, I use to take some plaster of paris and make all kinds of casts of the various tracks that I would find in the mud. I had a heck of a collection, but Somewhere through the years, they all disappeared.

The beaver pond across the road used to be the center of my trapline. I made a lot of bucks over there. I bought most of my traps and clothes from the proceeds of that traplin.

It looks like they must drag their wood in from a distance away. The surrounding area looks a little barren of good trees.

Cut a hole in dam right in front of camera, they will show up in a few has to repair it amazing how they know there is a hole..

Good idea!!! one of my friends traps and thats how he would catch em... pull out some sticks and set a 330... beaver comes and pokes around looking at it and WHAMO dead beaver...

Great pics Joe.

thanks

Like the pic with the Hawk !

Me too!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...