Eagle

Paula

I recall the first one I saw in NYS although I'm not positive of the year.  Probably 1978-1982 or so.  I was at our country home in Canadice and it soared very low over our heads. 

I'm sure it was one of the early breeding pairs from Hemlock Lake. 

I seen 2 4 years ago in westchester county near Camp Smith military base and also last year at a state park in NJ which borders Warwick NY . The one at the park was soaring very low over the lake looking for fish i would assume. everyone on the beach was going nuts trying to gets pictures. Also seen one last week, at Bear mountain  Park Zoo lol his one was injured years ago and is all messing up in the head. and now lives in a cage.   although that one doesnt count

Nice catch Paula! Wish we had some eagles around here to photograph. I've never seen one in the wild before.

I bet you'd have some fun sitting around that field with a nice DSLR.., a good long zoom lens.., and a 6pk of sodas!

Nice pict, Paula ...The white head certainly stands out.

20 years ago an eagle sighting was rare here in the Canisteo Vally.

Now they are a daily sight, with quite a few nesting pairs.

Last year my buddy had one land in the field beside his turkey decoy...The eagle eyeballed his decoy for a couple of minutes and then took off, leaving a wing feather as a momento.

Nice catch Paula! Wish we had some eagles around here to photograph. I've never seen one in the wild before.

I bet you'd have some fun sitting around that field with a nice DSLR.., a good long zoom lens.., and a 6pk of sodas!

The camera i have is an easyshare, it takes pretty good pictures up close. That woodchuck started at 250 yrds and with everything picking at it and maybe fighting for it is a bit farther where the eagle is on it. I have seen some interesting things out there and wish i had them on film.

I live at the north end of seneca lake and we have eagles all over the place, you can see them daily flying over my house and there is a nesting pair at the end of my road, With good glass you can see the babies in it and watch they parents fly back and forth with fish and other animals, Last night there was one flying over head just over the tops of the trees,

We used to NEVER see them but in the past few yrs ive seen them several times... there is a nest over on an island on yellow lake (right near here) by far the coolest sighting that ive had was one time we were driving down near The fish hatchery at exit46 (i think its 46,near syracuse...) someone had a telephone pole in there yard w a huge american flag hanging at the top (kinda a giant flagpole) and sitting at the top was an eagle... i thought it was fake at first but then i saw it move and when we came back thru it was gone... i wished i had a camera