My Deer Season Is Ruined!

Elmo

congrats man. Mine popped out 8/17 last year. Just enough to allow me to hunt, but young enough to limit my hunting. I'd give it all up for him in a heartbeat though. there's nothing better in life than being a dad.

The wife and I were trying figure out conception and it's between a few days, one of them was thanksgiving night after I shot this freaky rack buck who was grunting like a pig after 3 doe. I like to think it was that night :)

It was hard for us, we're like rabbits.

You are bringing back fond memories.  My first born arrived on the opening day of northern rifle season.  I had a friend drive up to hunting camp to tell my father that he was a grand dad.  From what I am told, it was a hell of a party.  In fact we gave her the middle name, Autumn because there were peak leaves outside that day.

My deer season was far from ruined.  I managed to fill the freezer in the southern tier that fall.  So enjoy every moment.

Is this your first child?

• 4 months later...

Well I got lucky. My first came back on valentine's day this year. And we just went to the doctor on tuesday and found out we are expecting a second one already! Due date of June 19th. At least neither one will be born during hunting season lol. But damn I wasn't ready for a second one this soon! I think I may need a second job! Lmao.

• Like 1

I'm sure your only KIDing Elmo...........

Congrats on the pending arrival of your baby! First one?

My daughter was born November 13th. I was there for EVERYTHING. But...........after my wife and daughter were discharged, I barely slowed the truck down as I left them off at the curb and beat feet for camp.

Killed a real nice 9pt a couple days later.

I'm nov 13, so is my first daughter.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ruined! Just go hunt. Newborns just sleep, eat and poo.

If it's sleeping....hunt.

If it's hungry...go hunting; not like you can lactate, right?

As for poo and diapers, I changed maybe 5 diapers total....put it on backwards, too tight, too loose and take too long to do it and you will be relieved of diaper dooty.....so, go hunt.

Wife will text you pics and you reply with something like..."Ahh, so cute. Can't wait till kid is old enough to take hunting."

• Like 1

Ruined! Just go hunt. Newborns just sleep, eat and poo.

If it's sleeping....hunt.

If it's hungry...go hunting; not like you can lactate, right?

As for poo and diapers, I changed maybe 5 diapers total....put it on backwards, too tight, too loose and take too long to do it and you will be relieved of diaper dooty.....so, go hunt.

Wife will text you pics and you reply with something like..."Ahh, so cute. Can't wait till kid is old enough to take hunting."

Who told you my tricks?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Damn..i tried all those tricks and I still get diaper and bath and changing clothes duty!! Especially now that my wife is suffering from morning sickness it's even worse! I spent all last weekend doing nothing but taking care of the baby and house chores while she was laid up on the couch puking. The only thing I've managed to do badly enough and get out of completely is laundry...apparently colors and whites don't mix and I wasn't supposed to wash my work clothes with baby clothes or put baby stuff or her stuff in the dryer. whoops. O well win for me! Lol