bad luck... stay away.

jesse.james

So I have had no luck with my truck the last 2 weeks. Sorry need to vent lol.

2 Weeks ago my brakes start grinding. No biggie as I knew the front brakes and rotors were due. While at the same time my battery dies. Between the two $400 down the drain. While I'm putting back on my front right tire after the brake/ rotor I notice way to much wiggle in the tire. Great wheel bearing is going. Was gonna take it to the shop tomorrow morning. Come out today to go to work and back right tire is flat. Seriously I need a leprechaun to rub or something.

Their's a lot to be desired in these modern day wheel bearing design. The old style cup and cone had it way over todays roller bearings. Hub was a little loose, pop the cap, pull the cotter key, tighten the nut, back off one slot and install the cotter. Clean the bearing every 50,000 and repack. Last a lot longer!

You want to compare bad luck??? Yours is definitely more expensive, but let me tell you about something that simply has to chalked up to extremely unlikely bad luck. Check this out.

First of all, there is no real reason for a hornet to be inside the house. There is no real reason for it to be in the bedroom. There is no real reason for it to be on my bed. I got into the bed and reached over to pull the covers over me. There really was no reason for my hand to glom onto that hornet along with the blankets. Well guess what. That hornet did find it's way into the house. Out of the whole house he decided to head back into the bedroom. Out of the whole bedroom, he decided to walk around on the bed. Out of the whole surface of the bed he decided to stand exactly where I would put my hand to grab the covers. You talk about a series of completely unlikely events, that all has to take the cake. Well, yes the only thing that was not very strange or surprising was that a hornet that was being grabbed at would sting its attacker.

Now there is some bad luck!

Lmao doc!

Bought an 03 silverado with a bunch of miles on it last fall. Needed a beater for the winter and to keep my Pontiac garaged. 1 month in I need a new hub, and a new cv and a/c pulley and belts.

Middle of the winter CEL goes on. Buy a MAF to fix it, no go. Oh well it drives. Then I smell burned rubber one day. Rear drivers side caliper is frozen and while I'm in there I do the other caliper and bleed the lines and all new rotors and pads doing the work myself.

Then there's a snow storm. The 4x4 I thought I bought doesn't work and I find out the hard way. And I stick it out till spring.

So this fall I have to figure out the CEL (I think it's intake gaskets) and the 4x4 which I think is transfer case.

Moral of my story? Don't by a used truck with 116k on it thinking you're going to get a nice beater. And also don't go to websmart auto where they tell you they will fix your problems am don't.

Hope that makes you feel better.

My truck broke down last September in Ohio while we were out there scouting. I didn't get it back until late October. Cost me $900 for the repair (PCM), $600 for the car rental, and $200 in hotel fees. Plus gas, and ticking the wife off for having to come get me in Ohio on a Sunday. Yeah. Fun times.

I now have three vehicles...two daily driving SUVs and the truck.

Lmao doc!

Bought an 03 silverado with a bunch of miles on it last fall. Needed a beater for the winter and to keep my Pontiac garaged. 1 month in I need a new hub, and a new cv and a/c pulley and belts.

Middle of the winter CEL goes on. Buy a MAF to fix it, no go. Oh well it drives. Then I smell burned rubber one day. Rear drivers side caliper is frozen and while I'm in there I do the other caliper and bleed the lines and all new rotors and pads doing the work myself.

Then there's a snow storm. The 4x4 I thought I bought doesn't work and I find out the hard way. And I stick it out till spring.

So this fall I have to figure out the CEL (I think it's intake gaskets) and the 4x4 which I think is transfer case.

Moral of my story? Don't by a used truck with 116k on it thinking you're going to get a nice beater. And also don't go to websmart auto where they tell you they will fix your problems am don't.

Hope that makes you feel better.

You sure it ain't a 2002, green in color?

I could tell you HORROR stories about dumping money into a truck.  There is a very good reason a 2011 Toyota Tacoma sits in MY driveway now.  It'll be two years old this weekend and so far I've put 31K on it without a single hickup.

I bought it for two reasons, resale and dependability.

Good luck with yours, sincerely.

Your right you are bad luck!! I read ur post then went to leave work at 12am and started my<br />Jeep and heard a a sound that only a bad starter would make. Although it did start and I made it home. I parked and shut it off. Waited 5 minutes and now it doesn't start.. Gonna need a tow also in the morning along with a starter. Iota a 3008 jeep Cherokee larado got it used 2 years ago and only has 68k on it. This is my second started in 8 months ..

I'd take a pic but the jeep is still in the shop 2 more days and it will be a week. It was the ignition module that crapped out and it was back ordered. Just got off the phone with the mechanic and they said they should have the part within the hour and my jeep ba k to me this afternoon as long as everything goes smoothly

You should inspect your brakes regularly, not wait for grinding. You could more than likely have saved you rotors and only replaced the pads and maybe just had a quick cut done on the rotors. Wheel bearing and hub assemblies often come together as one unit (depending on veh) and can be pretty simple to change. Most mechanics don't replace just the wheel bearings anymore on most front wheel drive vehicles because of having to press out and in bearings. And as far as flat tires, well theres not much you can do about that....Never neglect your cars Brakes, Steering, or Tires. Good luck and drive safe.

You should inspect your brakes regularly, not wait for grinding. You could more than likely have saved you rotors and only replaced the pads and maybe just had a quick cut done on the rotors. Wheel bearing and hub assemblies often come together as one unit (depending on veh) and can be pretty simple to change. Most mechanics don't replace just the wheel bearings anymore on most front wheel drive vehicles because of having to press out and in bearings. And as far as flat tires, well theres not much you can do about that....Never neglect your cars Brakes, Steering, or Tires. Good luck and drive safe.

Nah rotors were warped pre brakes going. Waited to long to replace the backs. The heat from the extra work on the fronts caused the rotors to warp. It was only a matter of time. I usually replace brakes and rotors together anyways. As for the tire it was random as all my tires are in good condition with good tread. Edited by jesse.james

And the bad luck continues. My 13 month old daughter gets diagnosed with a kidney infection. Very high fever. won't eat or drink. Finally Sunday night gets admitted to Galisano Children's hospital because the antibiotics aren't working. We are on day two in the hospital. They can't get her temps to stabilize. Still the antibiotics don't seem to be working. Ultra sound shows fluid on the left kidney. We took the wives Caddy to the hospital. Ran home to let the dogs out and the car dies. Pretty sure it's the alternator. Seriously what is next.?