Crossbow Update A283

Tinlodge

Man, how many of these threads do we have to have?  It's clear that the vocal minority oppose xbows in the current "archery" season.  It's also clear that no one's mind is changing.  Y'all can argue until you're blue in the face and the opinions have not and will not change.  I know what side of the fence I'm on, I certainly know what side of the fence Belo is on.  

I WAS hoping this thread would be a place to read about the facts of A283 - and it was for a while - but I guess that's not gonna happen any longer.  :-(  Seems to me the only reason it didn't pass is because one idiot representative made sure it didn't happen.  I hate it when the minority wins, same thing happened with the SAFE act.

Guess another year of wear and tear on my shoulders won't be that big of a deal.  Hopefully we can use xbows in 2014.

Zhe Wiz

I wouldn't go as far to say that one idiot didn't make it happen, there has to be a driving force behind him............does anyone know if he's even a hunter/

did you even read the post? I said that there will never be a winner because until they're legalized there will be always people pushing them. There is no win for those of us who are against them. We just have to try to keep winning. And the constitutions was a joke because that's about the only thing that could end them for good and we know that wont happen.

Yes I read it, and now that you explained what you said, I gottcha.

We will all be winners when we are all given the free choice of bow to hunt with.

And I have to wonder why the crossbow pushers didn't start there. That seems to be their strongest argument, and the one that would have most easily gotten their foot into bow season. I really wonder if the pro-crossbow crowd really is concerned much about the handicapped and the elderly or if they are simply using them to bolster their real goal of cramming crossbows into bow season for everybody.

Baby steps people. I believe you will get what you want by not coming on quite so greedy all at once.

Because (at least in my opinion) its just another complication. Its archery equipment, just make it simple, legalize it. You didnt see rifles legalized in Ontario county just for those with bad shoulders that cant handle the recoil of a shotgun, did you? No, its another form of firearm, and was included in firearms season for everyone. Simple.

I wouldn't go as far to say that one idiot didn't make it happen, there has to be a driving force behind him............does anyone know if he's even a hunter/

One idiot did keep it from a vote, hes in the back pocket of a minuscule group within the bow hunting community, which is run by a handful of people, so really it was stopped by a handful. That handful knows what the majority wants, which is why they wont allow it to be voted upon.

Man, how many of these threads do we have to have?  It's clear that the vocal minority oppose xbows in the current "archery" season.  It's also clear that no one's mind is changing.  Y'all can argue until you're blue in the face and the opinions have not and will not change.  I know what side of the fence I'm on, I certainly know what side of the fence Belo is on.  

I WAS hoping this thread would be a place to read about the facts of A283 - and it was for a while - but I guess that's not gonna happen any longer.  :-(  Seems to me the only reason it didn't pass is because one idiot representative made sure it didn't happen.  I hate it when the minority wins, same thing happened with the SAFE act.

Guess another year of wear and tear on my shoulders won't be that big of a deal.  Hopefully we can use xbows in 2014.

Zhe Wiz

the minority have done a lot of good things for this country. Slavery was abolished, woman's rights, equal rights for all races etc. None of those were popular but they were all the right thing to do. If the popular vote always won out prostitution would be legal, you could buy crack at cvs, we could own full auto machine guns, fireworks, etc. I'm obviously going to some extremes here but just trying to point out that a bunch of down state assemblymen have no interest in this issue. So if they vote "yes" it's probably just to see it go away. Similar to the SAFE act... who was opposed? Upstate. Did we win? No. Is the SAFE Act going to prevent anything? no.

the minority have done a lot of good things for this country. Slavery was abolished, woman's rights, equal rights for all races etc.

Wow. I had no idea your anti-xbow crusade belonged in the same league as those issues! I guess I've been taking it all too lightly.

Zhe Wiz

• Like 1

the minority have done a lot of good things for this country. Slavery was abolished, woman's rights, equal rights for all races etc. None of those were popular but they were all the right

OOOh im starting to see your problem now, its all becoming very clear, your mama was a slave! probably a bed winch. Im sorry for all the bad things I said to you.

OOOh im starting to see your problem now, its all becoming very clear, your mama was a slave! probably a bed winch. Im sorry for all the bad things I said to you.

I apologize to the rest of you for this remark but this buffoon deserves no respect, he is a total pompous ass who needs to be totally ignored.

I apologize to the rest of you for this remark but this buffoon deserves no respect, he is a total pompous ass who needs to be totally ignored.

say it to my face old man. say it again about my mom too. PM me a location. I don't remember ever saying a single personal thing about you. For someone with a picture of the pope as his avatar you sure don't practice what most religions preach.

Edited by Belo

Seems like Belo can't take what he dishes out. Got his feathers all ruffled up there.

personal attacks are never warranted. There's no reason to call someone's mother out because they're upset that they lost the battle. I never said boo to "the pope" I'm not sure why he felt like he had to say boo to me. My PM box is still empty by the way...

Lets give the Anti's some more to hold against us! They have to love seeing the sporting community fight among themselves

I suggest that the Moderator close this topic.

The "moderator" just fuels the fire and trashes bowhunters. The majority does not want xguns in archery season, just the gun hunters who don't want to take the time to learn a vertical bow. The only ones who should get a say what goes in archery season are those that have archery licenses. 

Otherwise its like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coup.