Rules For Dating My Daughter . . .

Deerthug

NYC is not a culinary hot bed on innovation and exposure, in fact I bet not one person knows or cares about any chef from there. Lol

You can be a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in a big pond surrounded by other big fish.

The new hot beds right now are Barcelona, Shanghai, and San Francisco.  Las Vegas will always have great food as well.  NYC, Tokyo, and Los Angeles are always contenders.

The new hot beds right now are Barcelona, Shanghai, and San Francisco.  Las Vegas will always have great food as well.  NYC, Tokyo, and Los Angeles are always contenders.

Barcelona food is AMAZING.

Actually all the region of Catalunya is fantastic eating; on the whole best eats I have ever had. Lunch was so good almost couldn't get back out to hunt in the afternoon.LOL

Schedual is kinda crazy......you can't get a table for dinner after 9-10pm at night, its packed......but damn fine eats from the local small specialty stores right through the restaurants.

And the women there are damn fine too!

Edited by Dinsdale

Guys I have to say one thing.The best food is in the BRONX............

Thats crazy talk , ive seen new york style pizza before , how am i supposed to build a turd with that ? Ive seen fly paper that was thicker than NY style pizza. :biggrin:

was up in Syracuse in May, the restaurant we went to said it had the freshest seafood in New York........... I got the Oysters on the 1/2 shell and Sushi, how could they be wrong?

Wait...a in-state town has fresher seafood than a port city? Maybe local freshwater fish like trout, etc. yes but otherwise, I doubt it.

Then it won't be seafood, just see food.

NYC is not a culinary hot bed on innovation and exposure, in fact I bet not one person knows or cares about any chef from there. Lol

You can be a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in a big pond surrounded by other big fish.

The new hot beds right now are Barcelona, Shanghai, and San Francisco. Las Vegas will always have great food as well. NYC, Tokyo, and Los Angeles are always contenders.

Would you look at that, all major Cities.

Upstate chicks are easy. Downstate are much prettier and require more wine n dine, before 69. The best looking upstate girls are the college ones who are from downstate. Separately, the food sucks upstate. Lake George has horrible food and the restaurants are packed and people are eating like its the best thing ever.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

they're all up to no good at some point in their life, the prettier they are the worse they are...........unless they're not pretty, then they have self esteem issues which cause them to act worse then the pretty girls. Additionally all father's are clueless and needed a wake up call.............did I miss anything? oh, and the Upstate girls are missing out because the only desirable guys live down close to NYC, if not actually in the City, but those guys are in high demand, so chances of actually hooking up with one are pretty slim.

nuts to the high maintenance b!tches from downstate. Why anyone would want to play games on into their late 20's and 30's and feel the need to wine and dine someone who may only be with you for your money is beyond me. But continue on your role of insulting our woman and food Biz. You just don't know when to quit.

You know now that I think of it I am sick of being able to hunt, fish, and shoot stuff right out my door. I wish I could live some where with a terrible odor and no woods to hunt. That would be ideal for a sportsman like me. At least there would be famous chefs and hot slutty women every where. Yea you city guys sure have it good.

amen

Thats crazy talk , ive seen new york style pizza before , how am i supposed to build a turd with that ? Ive seen fly paper that was thicker than NY style pizza. :biggrin:

oh man, say what you want. I prefer a slice I can fold anyday of the week over more traditional or deep dish.

Edited by Belo

Morimoto, Mario Batali, and Wolfgang Puck has all been dying to make their way to small town, USA so they can make a name for themselves.

the comment was not that upstate has worse food, but that we have no good food. That's just plain not true. There are world famous and very notable places from Syracuse to buffalo. If you're looking for world class cuisine in the mountains, you're not going to find it. Take a small little place like Chef's in Buffalo for example. Good prices, great food, famous sauce and I can wear jeans or go on my lunch break. No calling a month in advance or having to "be someone" to get a table. If that appeals to you, that's fine. I guess that's why you live in the city and I don't.

• Like 3

Let me guess Anthony Bourdain fan?

I agree with most of the first half of the list, not the second.

You can fill a restuarant every night no matter where you are if you know what you are doing. It would be easier in the city due to the larger population.

The funniest part of this thread is people defending the city life on a forum for a country way of life. I love pizza from the BX, but let's not forget it's good because the water comes from the catskills.

And made with ingredients from upstate (or a can), aint many farms in the Bronx. lol

The funniest part of this thread is people defending the city life on a forum for a country way of life. I love pizza from the BX, but let's not forget it's good because the water comes from the catskills.

100% correct...

the water is dif and pizza made upstate is NOT the same. bottom line. ive tried pizza up there in many areas, its good for the most part but does not hold a candle to city pizza.

Spumoni Gardens has great pizza, i love Brooklyn pizza.

i make my own pizza from scratch tho, its sweeeeeeet :)

If the only thing responsible for the pizza being the best in the NY metro area was the Catskills water, they'd have good pizza in the Catskills.

water is key ingredient for doe. just cause the water is good doesnt mean there are good italians up there making it.

ive seen cases where guys from the city move up and open a pizza place upstate, great pizza. locals making pizza with just the knowledge of making a pie, not so good