Rules For Dating My Daughter . . .

Deerthug

In case you wanted an update on the last few pages.

-Upstate is the best and the city sucks if you live upstate.

-The city is the best and upstate sucks if you live in the city.

-If you live on the outskirts of the city, both the city and upstate are equally the best.

-No one upstate can cook a pizza

-Great Sushi chefs live and work close where the fish come in from the ocean.

- Rochester has good pizza but only one guy has claimed that.

-Saratoga is full of less then attractive women who put out on a regular basis. Most likely due to their low self esteem issues.

-There is not one ugly chick in the city.

-and now this topic has 16 pages of crap.

Edited by Witty
  • Like 3

They're not all great.  But, even the average ones are better than you'll find most anywhere else.

and what's interesting is that there are some good places throughout the NE. Even if they're not thin crust. But the farther away you get the worse it gets. I was in TX on business once and the local guy took me to the best pizza joint in the state. It was horrible.

Who poaches more deer, the city boys that come up to hunt, or the local upstate boys??  

This ought to get us to at least page 28.

That's a trick question isn't it?....obviously City boy's poach more deer, the Upstater's don't consider it poaching because they justify it by saying it's to feed their families.

That's a trick question isn't it?....obviously City boy's poach more deer, the Upstater's don't consider it poaching because they justify it by saying it's to feed their families.

LMAO!

oh this will get good.... good call on the topic steve

ill add that its easier for guys to poach upstate when they hunt there back yards,   :hunter:

I haven't had the balls to take the big pay cut and move upstate and live in a big house with property, etc....maybe someday when I'm older. For now, I get up there as much as I can to enjoy being away from "the city".

the thing about the pay cut is the cost of living is orders of magnitude less. check out this site http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx if i move from Rochester to NYC my paycheck almost doubles and my housing price quadruples. COL increase in general is 76%

Edited by Belo

HAHAHA, Im just saying, Ive never been impressed with pizza that Ive had in NYC. Ill be heading down there for a few days later this year. If theres anywhere you guys recommend, let me know and Ill try it.

it's all personal preference. many don't like thin crust. Someone from chicago would laugh at NYC pizza. They're some homers on this site and that's fine. I actually like thin crust and there's a place called Sals on main street near UB in buffalo that makes an awesome thin crust after a night of drinking, but I had friends who preferred the other place that had more toppings and thicker crust. to each his own.

LMAO!

ill add that its easier for guys to poach upstate when they hunt there back yards, :hunter:

It ain't poaching if its in the back yard, I'm just protecting my live stock. Or we also have whats known as "Kings Domaine" law up here and that means I can do what ever I want on my own land or with in a 2 mile radius. Look it up.

City folks don't know how to hunt so any deer we get is obviously poached.

Who was the guy who told the story of a city slicker who shot a German Shepherd, bought it to a butcher thinking it was a deer?  I was always wondering why police in the city always walked around with bomb sniffing deer.

the only thing better than seeing a City guy buying his ammo and license in full blaze orange at the local gun shop the day before opening day, is seeing the same guy buying bags of corn the day before the season opens..........

• Like 1

City folks don't know how to hunt so any deer we get is obviously poached.

Who was the guy who told the story of a city slicker who shot a German Shepherd, bought it to a butcher thinking it was a deer? I was always wondering why police in the city always walked around with bomb sniffing deer.

I remember that story and it was from the BEST story maker upper, most notably from UPSTATE!

Where is that Robbinson kid any how?

• Like 1

Actually have a funny story about a guy from I can only assume was from the city(or a city). Opening day of gun, a few years back, I'm hunting private property that boarders state land. My dad drops me off and I walk in on the private property and he drives to the other side of the state woods. He shoots a doe and I walk to him through the state woods to help him. As I'm walking I come across this man sitting on the ground. As I get his attention and walk over to him I notice a neatly stack pile of freshly bought apples (they had the stickers from the grocery store on them still) and the bag, from the store, is sitting next to the guy. He was sitting maybe 20 feet away with his rifle. He also had used a bottle of doe pee for aftershave. One of the funniest things I've seen in the woods.

LMAO!

ill add that its easier for guys to poach upstate when they hunt there back yards,   :hunter:

Hey, if you saw the size of the deer in my back yard, youd shoot them too....

....oops. My big upstate mouth got the best of me again....