Northern sask monster bear pics

Blackbayoutfitters

Thanks guys, but that one is just one of our sows, her boyfriends are bigger... But ya we have alot of wicked coloured bears here. If ur into whitetail hunting , then these bears will give u just as much of a rush and are just as cagie as a willy old buck, maybe even smarter. But deff an amazing animal and unreal experience hunting these monsters. I seen one this spring that is as black black. It was kinda spooky lookin bear, about 6 inches taller than a 45 at shoulder and looked just like a big steroided wolf is best way I can explain him. He was defiantly one of a kind and deff a Boone and crocket bear.

Sounds like a sales pitch here.........................................

You guys paying some freight to the owners of this site?  Usually they have a little icon near your name that says you are a supporting member or advertising member, IIRC.

Fed bears tend to grow bigger than bears who don't have a 50 gal trough.

I'd rather shoot a smaller bear that's truly wild, than something that's fed, fattened and baited into a kill zone. What's the challenge in that?

Just my opinion.

I'd rather shoot a smaller bear that's truly wild, than something that's fed, fattened and baited into a kill zone. What's the challenge in that?

Just my opinion.

Im not sure that baiting bears counts as fattening them up... baiting IS the normal way to hunt them most places from what ive heard anyhow.... 

Well if u think its easy I sat a stand for 3 weeks hunting a bruiser that was 600+ pounds and he didn't just sonter in and let me kill him. He is wild smart and still alive and I put in the time. So it's not as easy as u think, and if u don't believe me try it out and ull have a different out look on baited hunts. Plus I only kill big boars to help cubs grow to full potential and keep the numbers high and trophy quality like it is at my place

Back in the 1990's, my uncle and I hunted in several provinces of Canada. I'll tell you this much, those bears were not your dumpster diving, home invading, take pictures at the dump and try to pet type bears that are most frequently encountered here in N.Y. As my first, and one of my favorite outfitter/guide said, "Don't mistake these bears for those your used to back home. These are mean sons of whores and they know they're on top of the food chain here, and that you are not!" The "bush" is a dark, dense place and if you are not baiting these bears you are not likely ever to see them. For the record.....I loved Saskatchewan, and Manitoba for that matter. And no.....I don't know this outfitter. Just thought I would share my past experience.

Edited by New York Hillbilly

I saw first hand the work that went into this type of hunting. No, it is not as easy as you would think. I have some real cool video kicking around here someplace of bears just about on top of me. If you think your heart beats when a deer is in front of you looking at you, you should feel it beat when a bear is circling you popping it's teeth together, and you know you have to get out of your stand and walk out to meet your guide because it's getting dark, knowing there bear is likely watching you the whole time. Whew!!!! Then as your walking out trying to keep your feet from running, you pass by a pond a beaver suddenly slaps his tail against the water..............  Brings back some spooky (fun) memories..........pass the nitro.........chest pain all of the sudden. lol!

Edited by New York Hillbilly

I saw first hand the work that went into this type of hunting. No, it is not as easy as you would think. I have some real cool video kicking around here someplace of bears just about on top of me. If you think your heart beats when a deer is in front of you looking at you, you should feel it beat when a bear is circling you popping it's teeth together, and you know you have to get out of your stand and walk out to meet your guide because it's getting dark, knowing there bear is likely watching you the whole time. Whew!!!! Then as your walking out trying to keep your feet from running, you pass by a pond a beaver suddenly slaps his tail against the water.............. Brings back some spooky (fun) memories..........pass the nitro.........chest pain all of the sudden. lol!

Lol!!! U describe it perfect... Buck fever mixed with a little fear of a big brute makin u his lunch... Which has nvr happened, but the mind nvr stops thinking what a wild animal could do... But yes very fun, I actually love bear hunting more than deer hunting now that I'm into it and the seem to be way smarter and a hell of alot harder to kill... Especially the big old smart hogs we have up at our place...

Just my opinion.

I hear what your saying , but there's is a challenge. The really big bears tend to come in after it gets dark. Don't think that they don't know when your there.

It might seem crazy but it's really not. There was a guy in camp one year who wouldn't climb down from his tree stand in the dark until the guide walked in to get him. Sometimes you can actually hear the bears "popping" their jaws.

Yes that's true... Hearing them man handle the barrel and popping there jaw at another bear.... It's insane fun .... I love hunting bears , since I got bit by there bear hunting bug I've seen some insane stuff that they do and some ginormous bears in my area. Being unable to be hunted and so remote the bears are rediculous big and the trophy numbers are really high. Plus u get to pretty much live on a lake while hunting them. It's honestly most fun I've had hunting.