3-D deer targets

vtpainter

I bought a 3-d deer target from Dicks. It is fine except i have an awful time getting my arrows out of it ..I have to pull vital insert out and hold it between my legs to get arrows out.Has anyone else run in to this and do you have any suggestions? Only using practice points on it. I pd. 100.00 dollars for it and I dont want to buy another one. I use carbon arrows.Thanks for any input.

You can shoot all day at a bag, but totally different view when presented with a 3d target for practice.

Dial your bow in on a bag, and practice, practice and practice some more on a 3d target as much as possible.

You  may only get one shot in the field, make it count.

Also look for 3d shoots in your area. They are all over this time of year. This way you pay 10-15 bucks and shoot 15-30 targets and you wont have to invest 100.00 on your own 3d deer.

it's certainly not something you have to deal with. there is an easy solution to this problem that doesn't involve any messy lubes.

yes, the friction from the arrow shaft is what causes the problem, however if the arrow point has a parabolic shape then only a small fraction of the point and shaft is in contact with the 3D target when you are pulling the arrow out. 

so try a parabolic target point. Saunders has them and they work great. make sure to pull your arrows straight out and not pull sideways or up or down.

JUST DO THE LAST INCH OF THE ARROW AND TIP. Or the arrow shaft will slip in your hands as you try to remove from the target.

I SUGGEST using a bar of Ivory SOAP. I drill ahole thru the bar of soap and hang from my side quiver and also use when shooting at the 3D shoots.

I also cut a 4 inch by 8 inch rag of the rubber material that is sold for putting your dishes on in a cabnet. It helps you grip the arrow shaft  to pull the arrow from the targets...