6 Bucks and More

QB1

That one is a true stud. The one with the extra point looks like he's a younger deer with a ton of potential...

Technically its not my cam but on the property we hunt so you could say its as good as my own.  Sam, the 11pt, with the "prong" looking G2 was put on the "DO NO SHOOT LIST" we'll see if that holds true or backfires when a neighbor knocks him down.

• Like 1

A brave call that is easiest to make when looking at trail cam pics instead of in the heat of the moment. All you can do is know that you weren't the one that took him out before his prime...

Right on.  I would love to take this deer on any other piece of land I hunt.  If we had no knowledge of this deer prior to the season then I would bet one of the 4 hunters on the property would take a shot at him.  He is an easily identifiable deer so if he does come in range there should not be an issue on letting him walk.  We'll see if the plan pays off and he makes it thru or if we are kicking ourselves when one of the neighbors puts him down. 

A brave call that is easiest to make when looking at trail cam pics instead of in the heat of the moment. All you can do is know that you weren't the one that took him out before his prime...

Mike Tyson had the best quote ever about this sort of thing...

"Everyone has a game plan for me, until they get punched in the face."

• Like 1

Right on.  I would love to take this deer on any other piece of land I hunt.  If we had no knowledge of this deer prior to the season then I would bet one of the 4 hunters on the property would take a shot at him.  He is an easily identifiable deer so if he does come in range there should not be an issue on letting him walk.  We'll see if the plan pays off and he makes it thru or if we are kicking ourselves when one of the neighbors puts him down. 

I've been there more than once. Just stick to the plan. So far I'd say 3/4 of the bucks I wanted to get another year or two on have been killed by neighbors but there is one I'm hoping to see this year that should be real corker 5 year old.

Do you have any relatives in the Owasco/Auburn area? I have played men's league hockey with a Jim Mizro that has a farm and hunts as well.

you don't have to answer this, but out of curiosity, where in rochester are you?

I live in Rochester but Hunt Ontario and Wayne County.  I have access to small parcels near my parents house in Newark which usually only hunt bow.  The spot that these pictures are taken is a farm I hunt with 3 other friends not far from the Canandiagua Thruway Exit.

I live in Rochester but Hunt Ontario and Wayne County.  I have access to small parcels near my parents house in Newark which usually only hunt bow.  The spot that these pictures are taken is a farm I hunt with 3 other friends not far from the Canandiagua Thruway Exit.

cool. i was thinking it was maybe rush or the west side. I'm up in Ontario. Not to far north of you.