Today 8/12/2013 DMP's are available... Did you get your area?

burmjohn

DMPs may be used only in the WMU for which they are issued and may be valid for antlerless deer only or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit........."MAY be valid for antlerless deer or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit"

YES NOW READ THE NEXT LINE........

Bonus DMPs may be used only in the WMU for which they are issued and may be valid for antlerless deer only or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit.

For 2013-14 all Bonus DMPs will be valid only for antlerless deer

• Like 1

Bonus DMPs will be available in WMUs 1C, 3S, 4J, and 8C during the 2013-2014 hunting seasons. Check station information will be updated soon.

All Bonus DMPs will be Antlerless-Only.

so obviously, DEC has conflicting information on their website.

Way to go in taking things out of context jjb4900.

DMPs may be used only in the WMU for which they are issued and may be valid for antlerless deer only or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit........."MAY be valid for antlerless deer or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit"

YES NOW READ THE NEXT LINE........

Bonus DMPs may be used only in the WMU for which they are issued and may be valid for antlerless deer only or deer of either sex, as indicated on the permit.

In case anyone missed it(jjb4900)

Here it is again.

DEC isn't to good at proofreading their content

I think it may still say Crossbows can be used during the Youth Hunt

This has nothing to do with proof reading. The statement in bold on their site was done on purpose. I believe they are running this as a pilot ad may revert back to earn a buck for future years.

Shawnhu...

it has everything to do with proofreading (and not your speculation that it's a pilot program)  this is what was on the DEC website last week (it has since been corrected)

• Junior Hunters may also use a crossbow during the youth deer hunt.  (October 12-14, 2013)

I am aware of the youth hunt crossbow issue. That I feel is a mistake.

I don't think this case is, but I have been wrong in the past.

We'll just have to see. It's pretty clear to anyone that actually reads the entire regs on that page that 2013-2014 bonus DMP will only be good for antlerless deer. It's in bold or goodness sake.

Edited by shawnhu

For 2013-14 all Bonus DMPs will be valid only for antlerless deer. Bonus DMPs that are used to take an antlerless deer may be replaced with another Bonus DMP. Bonus DMPs used to take an antlered deer will not be replaced. No fee will be charged for the Bonus DMP..............just reading that second to last sentence alone indicates to me that some bonus DMP's can be used for antlered deer, they just won't replace it.

For 2013-14 all Bonus DMPs will be valid only for antlerless deer. Bonus DMPs that are used to take an antlerless deer may be replaced with another Bonus DMP. Bonus DMPs used to take an antlered deer will not be replaced. No fee will be charged for the Bonus DMP..............just reading that second to last sentence alone indicates to me that some bonus DMP's can be used for antlered deer, they just won't replace it.

.... It's like beating a dead horse. Read the BOLD.

(2) 8N permits. I doubt anyone is being turned down in 8N. Also, I will guarantee that there will be extras available before the season starts. We've got a lot of deer.

Same situation for 8F. Although in my little part of that region, I'm not seeing the overpopulation or need for so many DMPs being issued.

Stopped up at the Town Clerk's office at noon . Got my FREE Archery and FREE ML licenses . For DMPs , I Asked for areas 8 F.....and......H . She said F 'n H ? I said , I tried not to say it like that and she laughed . Got both DMPs . Life is good !

Did she give ya a little wink Eddie?