hunting with your other half

fu2lmao

If you are hunting 200 days, that is not a pastime, but more like a livelihood.  There are generally 260 working days (52 weeksX 5 work days) in a year, so 200 days is far more than a pastime.

you're wrong it is a past time, I said hunting, fishing and trapping

during the summer, almost everynight after work, we take the boat out fishing

in the fall, every weekend the family goes hunting

middle of winter, i coyote hunt at night

now think about how many days you and others spend watching TV, more than 200?

i would rather go outside, and I manage to work 50 to 60 hrs a week, during the busy season

My question would be WHY would any guy want to take the other half hunting?  To me hunting is about the only time I can escape family commitment, so why bring it all with me when I want some peace and quiet for a change??  No way for me.  Women can get under a guys skin without even trying hard, so why subject myself to it the few weekends each year I want to escape everything?   No bloody way.   If they want to go hiking in the woods to enjoy nature, no problem, we can do that the rest of the year.  Hunting I will do solo.

I proposed to my fiance in a turkey blind. She gets how big of a deal hunting is to me, she wanted to try something I love, why wouldn't I take her? Hunting to me isn't a way to escape, it has always been more about spending time with people you care about and sharing in tradition. If you are going hunting to get away from your everyday life it's time to look at your life and change some things.

you're wrong it is a past time, I said hunting, fishing and trapping

during the summer, almost everynight after work, we take the boat out fishing

in the fall, every weekend the family goes hunting

middle of winter, i coyote hunt at night

now think about how many days you and others spend watching TV, more than 200?

i would rather go outside, and I manage to work 50 to 60 hrs a week, during the busy season

Well, good for you that you can do spend all that time doing it.  However, I can assure you that the rest of us who don't hunt or fish as much as you, don't spend the rest of our free time just watching TV either.  We can only wish that their was nothing else for us to do in life once we leave work other than hunting, fishing or watching TV.

So you think Mr.B preferring to stay home is due to him being afraid of the competition, or because he finally gets some peace and quiet from his other half??  LOL

Considering he manages to call my cell when I'm out...usually at the worst times...and the fact he refuses to bow hunt...and Ohhh doesn't eat red meat...and Passes good 8's at camp for his Dad to get a crack at them.....Competition doesn't have anything to do with his decision....and getting away from me doesn't either for when I try to leave to hunt at camp during bow...for more than a day or two he manages every excuse in the book why I need to hunt here and not leave for camp...he doesn't hunt here at home..only at camp during gun...If any thing...it's me trying to get him  out...Loved his annual fishing trips with the guys and working out of State......don't let your wives fool you...it's a lot less work for us when your gone.. ;)

Considering he manages to call my cell when I'm out...usually at the worst times...and the fact he refuses to bow hunt...and Ohhh doesn't eat red meat...and Passes good 8's at camp for his Dad to get a crack at them.....Competition doesn't have anything to do with his decision....and getting away from me doesn't either for when I try to leave to hunt at camp during bow...for more than a day or two he manages every excuse in the book why I need to hunt here and not leave for camp...he doesn't hunt here at home..only at camp during gun...If any thing...it's me trying to get him  out...Loved his annual fishing trips with the guys and working out of State......don't let your wives fool you...it's a lot less work for us when your gone.. ;)

Not all of us guys are so helpless.  Many of us can cook, do the laundry, and we got by quite nicely before we got married.  I look at it this way.  Since we men obviously must have been drunk, or had a serious lapse of good judgement when we actually asked a woman to marry us, you woman surely didn't have to say YES.  That might have spared both halves some grief in my opinion.  LOL

Since we men obviously must have been drunk, or had a serious lapse of good judgement when we actually asked a woman to marry us, you woman surely didn't have to say YES.  That might have spared both halves some grief in my opinion.  LOL

Well he's not helpless...just doesn't like me being away and doesn't like worrying about me...I enjoy having mini vacations and me time...

You may be over estimating your helpfulness I wouldn't know...but with your above statement....I can see your BETTER half picked a real winner for her self...just saying...LOL

Well, good for you that you can do spend all that time doing it. However, I can assure you that the rest of us who don't hunt or fish as much as you, don't spend the rest of our free time just watching TV either. We can only wish that their was nothing else for us to do in life once we leave work other than hunting, fishing or watching TV.

You know what they say. You wake up in the morning and work for your boss. Then you get to go home and work for your other boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You know what they say. You wake up in the morning and work for your boss. Then you get to go home and work for your other boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just wait until that baby comes along, Elmo!  They are cute and all, but also a LOT of work.  And the work just gets harder as they grow older.  I can also envision you being a caring, hands-on type of father, so the hunting time (or ANY free time) will surely suffer.  Just telling you the truth here.

• Like 2

Her dad got her her lifetime license so he could have her doe tags. 

yeah... doe tags.... :pogranichnik:

this is what happens once they start hunting, they never stop

my wife is 5' 120lbs, these were taken with a remington 870 3 1/2" mag steel, she aint no sissy

that's a great pic. My wife's interested in duck, goose and turkey but not sure about deer. I think it's best to start out with small game.

Edited by Belo

Just wait until that baby comes along, Elmo!  They are cute and all, but also a LOT of work.  And the work just gets harder as they grow older.  I can also envision you being a caring, hands-on type of father, so the hunting time (or ANY free time) will surely suffer.  Just telling you the truth here.

I has already started.  I've read a few books, guide, etc.  I check on what my wife is eating.

Me: "What?  You're only having a bowl of cereal?  That baby needs to eat!  I'm going out right now and getting you a spinach calzone!"

Just wait until that baby comes along, Elmo! They are cute and all, but also a LOT of work. And the work just gets harder as they grow older. I can also envision you being a caring, hands-on type of father, so the hunting time (or ANY free time) will surely suffer. Just telling you the truth here.

Scary thought

It took me 3 1/2 years of marriage to convince my wife to let ME go hunting.  No way in hell I'd ever be able to convince her to kill a poor defenseless little animal.  She would starve to herself half to death before she'd ever eat meat that didnt come from a supermarket if (when) the world collapsed.

sometimes I wish my wife would take more interese in my hobbies...(hunting and fishing) she will go fishing but when it comes to hunting she doesnt want to hear about it or see it. . so what did I do? I put a buck on my wall.lol I actually enjoy the time I spend alone in the woods. on a slow day I have been known to doze off.  feels good when i wake up.

It took me 3 1/2 years of marriage to convince my wife to let ME go hunting.  No way in hell I'd ever be able to convince her to kill a poor defenseless little animal.  She would starve to herself half to death before she'd ever eat meat that didnt come from a supermarket if (when) the world collapsed.

Oh man! That just isn't right!

think she is now having second thoughts, she is used to me bring home nice finely cut and packaged game but tonight I brought home a nice fresh quarter hind from a doe we harvested yesterday, the look on her over privileged face was priceless, hope she stills goes through with it as the more I consider it the more I think we would enjoy

• Like 1

My ex-wife has gone out with me just to sit in the blind and enjoy the woods.  She was not anti hunting by any stretch but had no interest in hunting otherwise. 

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to do the same but so far, she has little interest.  Not an anti-hunter but has zero interest. I'm going to try to get her to join me on a spring turkey hunt first since the weather is generally a bit nicer, warmer.  

My girl friend didn't really like hunting when we first started dating, but after the first year she decided she wanted to accompany me on a duck hunt.  Since that first night of duck hunting my girlfriend has wanted to go out hunting quite a bit, which I don't mind.  Since that first hunt she has gone hunting with me for just about everything, from deer, bear, coyotes, and small game.  She is in the process of getting her license now and really looks forward to harvesting anything that I will take her out hunting for.  With this being said, I do like to hunt by myself and made it clear to her that if she wants to hunt, she is going to be sitting by herself, except for duck and small game hunting, and she is fine with this.  After all I do come from a family in which my mother has always been at camp.  The women give us the opening weekend, but after that, it's fair game for my mom and girlfriend to accompany us at camp.

My girl friend didn't really like hunting when we first started dating, but after the first year she decided she wanted to accompany me on a duck hunt.  Since that first night of duck hunting my girlfriend has wanted to go out hunting quite a bit, which I don't mind.  Since that first hunt she has gone hunting with me for just about everything, from deer, bear, coyotes, and small game.  She is in the process of getting her license now and really looks forward to harvesting anything that I will take her out hunting for.  With this being said, I do like to hunt by myself and made it clear to her that if she wants to hunt, she is going to be sitting by herself, except for duck and small game hunting, and she is fine with this.  After all I do come from a family in which my mother has always been at camp.  The women give us the opening weekend, but after that, it's fair game for my mom and girlfriend to accompany us at camp.

duck hunting and some of the more social hunting is cool with me. Deer hunting is MY time. lol.

Wow... some of you guys have it rough....  I'm lucky, my wife loves to hunt... fish.. scout... it is our vacation now that the kids are adults... went to Africa last year... going to Newfoundland in a week.. Africa again next year... She loves it... If you don't like spending time with your wife guys, why are you married??????? My wife is more dedicated than most of my guy hunting buddies...

• Like 3

If you don't like spending time with your wife guys, why are you married??????? 

Just because we chose to get married, does not mean that we must be connected at the hip with our spouse 24/7.  It is a good thing when each person has interests of their own.  Even in a good marriage you can't depend on your spouse to bring you all your happiness in life.  A completely happy person is one who makes and finds their own happiness and doesn't depend on others for it.

• Like 1