cop removing safe act signs.....

growalot

I don't give a rats butt what "ordinance" says.He stole the sign.If that was Joe Blow he could and should have been arrested.If he was responding to a complaint then why not talk to the landowner that the sign was on?Why Kick it?Why not do the right thing? Its because he feels he is above the law and can do what he wants because he has a little piece of shiny metal on his chest....that's it.If a city ordinance doesn't allow a sign then why are they allowed for elections,what about yard sale signs and signs that say congratulations you had a baby.Get real...the problem is the cop and the people who are against guns.Sorry but when it comes down to it I call a spade a spade and this touchhole in the cruiser just thinks he will do whatever he wants because he is king kong cop.Now he is feeling the heat a little,but I suspect nothing will be done about this at all.Off my rant....I am heading to camp!!

I try to control myself, but I can never stop laughing when the word "touchhole" is used...lmao

• Like 1

Dont put me in a group of anti-cop types. Im no where in that catagory. I will however, call things as I see them, I dont care who it is.

i agree with you, however it's best to reserve judgment until facts come out. Because (and i'm not defending this case, just a general observation) what you see does not always tell the whole tale.

• Like 1

Yes, sometimes a video clip can be like a certain phrase being taken out of context to prove something that indeed is not a fact.

When my sign was stolen, that thought did run through my mind that perhaps I was a bit too close to the road and someone may have legally confiscated it. That probably was not the case, but I suppose it is possible.

One looks at the picture and sees mowed lawn and assumes that it was on private property. A mowed lawn does not indicate any kind of boundary. I see all kinds of properties where the home owner mows right to the shoulder of the road. That does not mean that just because he mows it, that it is his private land. I can see a point of view where someone could look at a sign containing political information being placed on public property as being something that should be legally removed. And I doubt tat there is any requirement that the official needs to go find the owner and tell him that it is being confiscated.

However, in this case, regardless of the legalities, that may be simply being a jerk ( my version of sanitizing my language .... lol), but may not fit the definition of being theft.

It is his land paid for...he is paying taxes on that land...but it has a town ,village or state easement written into the deed and there are rules and regulations written for those easements....side walks in a village...it is up to the land owner in some villages to maintain the side walk in front of their house...if the town deems it necessary to replace that side walk..the land owner can get a bill for that .....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/25/hidden-camera-catches-culprit-taking-man-second-amendment-sign/

this article seems to explain the full story a little better......doesn't seem like the cop took it upon himself to steal anything.

Always two sides to a story, this one sounds like the beginnings of a cover-up.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Did a little looking (man that was hard given google and everything) The guy admits that neighbors complained about the sign, that he received a letter from the town stating that the sign was in violation of town code and he states that it was "entirely possible that the police had the legal right to take the sign"  He added that he was looking into how to pursue the matter. 

Cover up....Cowards..LOL

Really??? No one can man up and admit that at least " MAYBE "   there is a little more to the story??    K.... I know people over use "LMAO"  but I really am laughing my ass off...   What ever blows your skirts up....   "men".

it kinda died off when they read the story from a legitimate news agency instead of some rag newspaper................

All I said the whole time, and in fact the only thing Im saying now is, " there is  a possibility that there is another explanation? "

The long time cop basher of the forum , and a few other people didn't want to hear it. Now that there is a good possibility that the cop was not at fault, they have nothing to say.  Again ....NO BALLS.. What ever....

Did a little looking (man that was hard given google and everything) The guy admits that neighbors complained about the sign, that he received a letter from the town stating that the sign was in violation of town code and he states that it was "entirely possible that the police had the legal right to take the sign"  He added that he was looking into how to pursue the matter. 

Cover up....Cowards..LOL

The article i read says that he never received a letter , the town supervisor who is looking out for sign kicking cop says she did send a letter . Did you ever think that just maybe she isn't telling the truth? I didn't think so.

• Like 1

The article i read says that he never received a letter , the town supervisor who is looking out for sign kicking cop says she did send a letter . Did you ever think that just maybe she isn't telling the truth? I didn't think so.

One more time.... after reading, in  the original article and in  a couple of later articles,  that there is a decent chance that the  sign may have been in violation of a town code and that neighbors complained about it, do you think that there might be a chance that the cop, who was  in full uniform AND in a marked police car and AND was in broad day light, didn't actually "STEAL" the 75 cent home made sign?....Any possibility at all??  What info do you have that the town supervisor is "looking out for the sign kicking cop"? Is there  actually  information to back that up or are you just making more BULL S@%T assumptions ?

I know that your mind is made up but I just had to ask anyway. 

Damn cops, with their donuts and flashy light things on top of their cars.. and going through red lights when I just know they're  not on a call, I just know it, I can tell......I got a ticket once for going through a red light and its not fair!!!!! Makes me so mad!!!!!  LOL! 

illegally placed sign or not, this is a WASTE OF MY HARD EARNED TAX DOLLAR AND YOURS!!!!, why is a well compensated police officer removing signs? ,
I am sure the  local code enforcer could handle this task, considering the proximity to NYC and the population density of this town I am certain there were better utilization of this gentleman's time and skill set, I see nothing here but politics

• Like 1

One more time.... after reading, in  the original article and in  a couple of later articles,  that there is a decent chance that the  sign may have been in violation of a town code and that neighbors complained about it, do you think that there might be a chance that the cop, who was  in full uniform AND in a marked police car and AND was in broad day light, didn't actually "STEAL" the 75 cent home made sign?....Any possibility at all??  What info do you have that the town supervisor is "looking out for the sign kicking cop"? Is there  actually  information to back that up or are you just making more BULL S@%T assumptions ?

I know that your mind is made up but I just had to ask anyway. 

Damn cops, with their donuts and flashy light things on top of their cars.. and going through red lights when I just know they're  not on a call, I just know it, I can tell......I got a ticket once for going through a red light and its not fair!!!!! Makes me so mad!!!!!  LOL! 

We'll stop now , you're doing the excact same thing as the others but of course in defense of the town and police officer . How far from the road do you keep your Repeal sign ?

illegally placed sign or not, this is a WASTE OF MY HARD EARNED TAX DOLLAR AND YOURS!!!!, why is a well compensated police officer removing signs? ,

I am sure the  local code enforcer could handle this task, considering the proximity to NYC and the population density of this town I am certain there were better utilization of this gentleman's time and skill set, I see nothing here but politics

LOL!!! Yeah...you're right it must of cost the tax payers a whopping  9 cents to have that cop stop and "STEAL" a sign..

Do you have any idea the amount of time a Police Officer has to wastes during his shift to respond to nonsense complaints called in by the good citizens of whatever area he may serve? In reality, it's the tax payers themselves who cause the Police to have to waste their time on trivial nonsense. 

That reply doesn't warrant a well thought out response but here's a cheap shot. I see you are from the town of Cicero, the same town which constantly debates whether the town should be policed by the sheriffs office or the town police. Instead of doing the fiscally responsible thing they continue with the redundancy of two police agencies. Knowing this I am not surprised by your response.

We'll stop now , you're doing the excact same thing as the others but of course in defense of the town and police officer . How far from the road do you keep your Repeal sign ?

No..you're doing the exact thing others are doing by desperately, DESPERATELY trying to make a cop out to be a criminal for removing a cheap, home made lawn sign that was in all likelihood place in violation of a town code. Of course you and your ilk wont bash the town for having the law, but  you bash the cop because thats what you people do. I will give you credit though...at least you hung in there after most of the bashers ran away when other information, about the incident, was presented. I give you half a ball. Good job. Now we'll stop.