cop removing safe act signs.....

growalot

It doesn't matter if it was laying down,sideways,upside down or taped to a tree.What he did was wrong and should be pursued as a theft,I have known a bunch of police officers and most are good people but some act like because they were a badge and a gun they can do whatever the hell they want.When I see a guy like this that is exactly what I see and he needs to be reprimanded so he knows he isnt better than everyone else and can do whatever he wants.This was also the 3rd or 4th sign stolen/missing from this persons front yard from what I have heard.

• Like 3

it was removed in Westchester county.  Home to many left wing nut jobs.  Many in the community complained about the sign.  The town is claiming the sign was placed in a town right away (road easement).

Regardless, the video's on-line clearly show the cop kicking and damaging the signs.   4 were taken.  the town claims the cop took 2.  I guess they don't want to admit they damaged the other two.  But I think the cop cars have GPS tracking, so I think the guy could file a foil request to see if any cop cars were parked at his house when all four signs were taken.

Lastly, in Westchester and most of Southern NY, the guy (gun owner) putting out the sign is considered the problem. NYS is lost to our kind.  the world has been turned upside down.

vote with your feet move if you can.  it's going to get worse here..BOHICA

Edited by mmkay

Maybe someone complained about the sign and the cop removed it because it was in violation of a town ordinance?

That is what the town is saying.  I live 5 miles from this guy.  There are all kinds of signs.  Obama signs, election signs, business signs, tag sale signs, ect throughout this town. 

This was selective enforcement based on the content of the sign....in otherwords...LEFT WING FACISISM  " a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition"

Edited by mmkay

Maybe someone complained about the sign and the cop removed it because it was in violation of a town ordinance?

The correct action would be to ask the homeowner to remove it, not take it. Thats theft, regardless of the clothes you wear to work. Police are not allowed to steal anymore than anyone else is.

• Like 4

Well, the video shows him kick it over and remove it, placing it in his cruiser. The person that it belonged to reported 4 signs being stolen. You do the math. It doesnt show him talking to the property owner, or the property owner removing the sign, does it?

If you come on my property and take my belongings without my permission, or the legal right to do so, you are stealing and I dont give a damn if you are police officer or not.

• Like 2

Well, the video shows him kick it over and remove it, placing it in his cruiser. The person that it belonged to reported 4 signs being stolen. You do the math. It doesnt show him talking to the property owner, or the property owner removing the sign, does it?

If you come on my property and take my belongings without my permission, or the legal right to do so, you are stealing and I dont give a damn if you are police officer or not.

Just because the cop didn't follow, what you believe to be, proper police procedure does not mean that he "STOLE" the sign. Maybe he did but there are a lot of questions.

If the sign is in violation of an ordinance the cop is not required to ask the owner to remove it. It would be nice but he is not required to. As far as the police going onto someones property.... There is a local ordinance by me that says you can't have an unregistered motor vehicle parked, in the open, on you property. If you do, the police can, and will, come onto your property and impound that vehicle. 

A cop in full uniform, in a marked patrol car in broad daylight taking a sign doesn't raise a few questions for you?

Just because the cop didn't follow, what you believe to be, proper police procedure does not mean that he "STOLE" the sign. Maybe he did but there are a lot of questions.

If the sign is in violation of an ordinance the cop is not required to ask the owner to remove it. It would be nice but he is not required to. As far as the police going onto someones property.... There is a local ordinance by me that says you can't have an unregistered motor vehicle parked, in the open, on you property. If you do, the police can, and will, come onto your property and impound that vehicle. 

A cop in full uniform, in a marked patrol car in broad daylight taking a sign doesn't raise a few questions for you?

Not without proper procedure they cant. We have an unregistered vehicle ordinance as well, and there is a procedure that has to be followed before the town can impound the vehicle. It is a series of notices and fines. They cannot just waltz onto your property and take things. You need to update yourself on the law if you really think a badge gives anyone the right to steal.

Its pretty obvious the cop kicked over and stole the sign. Kicking it over shows his malicious intent.

• Like 1

Not without proper procedure they cant. We have an unregistered vehicle ordinance as well, and there is a procedure that has to be followed before the town can impound the vehicle. It is a series of notices and fines. They cannot just waltz onto your property and take things. You need to update yourself on the law if you really think a badge gives anyone the right to steal.

Its pretty obvious the cop kicked over and stole the sign. Kicking it over shows his malicious intent.

maybe your ordinance is different from mine. The whole point is you are accusing this cop of a crime, based on nothing but B.S. assumptions. You don't know if the cop was responding to a complaint, like the article suggests, you don't know if the owner was spoken to and refused to remove the sign, you don't know if it is illegal to post a sign in this neighborhood  you don't actually know what happened. If B.S. assumptions are good enough for you....go for it.

Again maybe this cop likes to steal yard signs in the middle of the day while in uniform, but that would be a B.S. assumption on my part. I would need a little more info.

I don't give a rats butt what "ordinance" says.He stole the sign.If that was Joe Blow he could and should have been arrested.If he was responding to a complaint then why not talk to the landowner that the sign was on?Why Kick it?Why not do the right thing? Its because he feels he is above the law and can do what he wants because he has a little piece of shiny metal on his chest....that's it.If a city ordinance doesn't allow a sign then why are they allowed for elections,what about yard sale signs and signs that say congratulations you had a baby.Get real...the problem is the cop and the people who are against guns.Sorry but when it comes down to it I call a spade a spade and this touchhole in the cruiser just thinks he will do whatever he wants because he is king kong cop.Now he is feeling the heat a little,but I suspect nothing will be done about this at all.Off my rant....I am heading to camp!!

Edited by MACHINIST

maybe your ordinance is different from mine. The whole point is you are accusing this cop of a crime, based on nothing but B.S. assumptions. You don't know if the cop was responding to a complaint, like the article suggests, you don't know if the owner was spoken to and refused to remove the sign, you don't know if it is illegal to post a sign in this neighborhood  you don't actually know what happened. If B.S. assumptions are good enough for you....go for it.

Again maybe this cop likes to steal yard signs in the middle of the day while in uniform, but that would be a B.S. assumption on my part. I would need a little more info.

I know what I saw in the video, there are no assumptions. If the guy had walked up, stayed professional and removed the sign, then yeah, I could maybe buy into the suggestion that he was just doing his job. Thats not how it happened. Stick your head in the sand about it all you want, the video is pretty clear.

• Like 2

SO WRONG!!!

It might be wrong, but this is what is happening in NYS...especially southern NYS.  City dwellers are moving into northern Westchester/ putnam and Dutchess.  native born residences are being pushed out.  A house (shack) down here cost at least 400K.  taxes are $15K per year.  Only city workers, public sector union employees and recent city transplants can afford to live here.

Down here the gun owner is considered to be the nut job /criminal, not the cop and town superviser who ordered the signs removal.

again BOHICA

• Like 1