best lock on stand

heatmizzer

Millinnium M-100. Absolutely the most comfortable. I have 2, Great to stand in as well and the seat flips up for standing. It has a unique mounting system that allows you to lock the chuck on first and then slide the stand into the chuck. Only 14 pounds too. Here is a link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millennium-Aluminum-Hang-On-Treestand-M100-with-Chain-CamLock-system-/131020924427

Another link with reviews: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1203758

Edited by nybuckboy

I used a 'Screaming Eagle' stand that I was very happy with.  I bought it many years ago; try their website at http://www.e-screamingeagle.com .  Large platform, flip up seat, seat position is high so you're not sitting too low.  Stand is heavy, but they used to advertise it by hanging a Volkswaggon from it.  I'd highly recommend it for size & strength.  Cost used to be around $125, and they had a smaller Eaglet version if you're interested in a slightly small version

Millinnium M-100. Absolutely the most comfortable. I have 2, Great to stand in as well and the seat flips up for standing. It has a unique mounting system that allows you to lock the chuck on first and then slide the stand into the chuck. Only 14 pounds too. Here is a link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millennium-Aluminum-Hang-On-Treestand-M100-with-Chain-CamLock-system-/131020924427

Another link with reviews: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1203758

Millennium are awesome,I had a m100 but sold it because I didn't like how the stand "V'ed back.I am going to buy another that is a fuller platform that they make.

The m100 is comfy, but I hate the V and I hate the fact your feet hang over the edge because the stand seat sticks out so far from the tree.

For all day comfort - meaning dark to dark sits...nothing beat a quality ladder stand with a full platform to the tree.

Hang ons...look for ones with a footrest. makes a world of difference.

The m100 is comfy, but I hate the V and I hate the fact your feet hang over the edge because the stand seat sticks out so far from the tree.

For all day comfort - meaning dark to dark sits...nothing beat a quality ladder stand with a full platform to the tree.

Hang ons...look for ones with a footrest. makes a world of difference.

Foot rests are great! Gorilla stands are pretty good, I have a couple.

Are you talking about a climer or a ladder stand ?. If you are any way near as old as I am the days of the climer are gone  unless you are moving around a lot and in good shape, Threw the years I have found seats with arms, the arms get in the way when bow hunting. I do not move around that much any more just hunt my property.Ladder stands ,not the most expensive,plenty of 3/8" cable.And a Good Lock. A  Swivel seat that straps on to the tree trunk, can turn easy with out making any noise.Made my own safety rail hinged  goes up and down .And the strap on umberellas over head,On the safety rail I hang camo burlap, Never been busted.  

For all day comfort, which is what the post was about... regardless of the V-Shaped to the back, the Millennium M-100 and the larger M-150 have the best and most comfortable seat, bar none in a lock on stand. Not even close.

I think some disagree. Not everyone likes the same thing. I'm not comfortable when my size 12 or 13 boots are half off the platform - bar no stand, and I'm talking not even close. There's a reason people have some issues standing up from a seated position.

Gander mtn has one on sale, the platform is 20 x30, it looks like the biggest platform they have and its like 70 bucks, I looked at the more expensive ones and the quality is the same as the cheap ones .

No, the quality of the stands is not the same. Ive had cheap stands in the past, and some of the stands we use on the farms I hunt are cheapos. There is a very noticeable difference between the good ones and the cheap ones. Leave one of the cheap hang ons in the woods for more than just the season, and by the next season, you have a stand that creaks and groans every time you shift your weight. Not so with the higher end ones. The fit and finish of the cheapo stands is generally not as good, and the features are just not there.

best i have..api baby grand magnum 28x38 in platform, loggy bayou hangons 24x36 both have cables out at sides and full square platforms.. ... look for all aluminum welded construction, fold up seat and 22 in high so leg slopes , to short a seat and you'll get leg cramps. to high uncomfortable. many good manufacturers out there. but i'd stay away from steel. powercoated alum is way to go. for ease of hanging and longevity.: