Deer poached

Geno C

Hummm..looks familiar to something I stumbled over in 2009 while driving a back road in 9H. Deer on the side of road with head lopped off. I reported the situation to the DEC...they said they would investigate. Hope some good came of my reporting what I found.

I just don't get it. So I drive around looking for a big bk, get one cut the head off and run. Then what?? Hide them?? I wouldn't want them hanging around. I just don't get the point of it such a waist.

Hopefully KARMA bites them good!!

i'm sorry. i still can't buy that. I would be more apt to believe it COULD be the same buck, then it IS the same.

i agree, still poached at the end of the day and it was 100% a buck... judging from the body, it was no 2.5 i think we can agree on that.

Oh man I better get on the case, $1000 reward!!!

Washington County is just across the river from me, wonder where this 1700 acres is?

im sure its a unit, multiple properties consisting of that. could border each other and could stretch across the street, either way thats a heck of a lot of land

its a shame, what a waste... the body may have been to big to load up in a hurry? i would think 2-3 guys can load that buck up just as fast as cutting the head off so they may have only wanted the rack.

the waste really bugs me as well

Besides despicable...how stupid does one have to be?...So sneak around  and shoot a big buck illegally....THEN...not only do you really have to hide the thing...even if your a taxidermist...thanks to trail cameras detailing features...BUT you leave behind the rest of the DNA evidence...so when you do get caught all they need to do is tie your deer head to the headless body dumped with a simple test....Lord I hope they catch him for many reasons...

Been there done that,found the dead bucks minus the scull plates. Our poacher used a saw which is one reason the dec took,samples to match DNA on saws and blades.

Almost caught one night during bow,but the dope bow hunter who heard the shot,knew of the poaching went over and yelled from far away.......what a moron we could had him caught.

And some wonder why some bow hunters carry a handgun, or so I'm told.

This dope it seems thinks he's going to do some kind of mount.... He better go far I have a feeling that pic will be in all the local taxidermy shops.

I would have no problem introducing any poacher to the front of my truck. I hate them all.

The straight disrespect of the animal, sport and woods make me want to hunt them instead of deer.

I saw this on Facebook as well and nearly threw up. It's disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hummm..looks familiar to something I stumbled over in 2009 while driving a back road in 9H. Deer on the side of road with head lopped off. I reported the situation to the DEC...they said they would investigate. Hope some good came of my reporting what I found.

If it was right next to the road, chances are it got hit by a car and someone took the head. I see it every year around here. If you find one out in a field, thats probably poaching. Noone is gonna drag it to the road before lopping the head off.

Poaching sucks, all you can do is keep your eyes and ears open as much as possible and report them.

SCUM BAGS!!! I use to work, part time security, at Hancock airport in Syracuse. There are all kinds of HUGE bucks that live inside of the fenced in, FEDERALLY OFF LIMITS,  airport grounds. One day we found a huge buck carcass, minus the head, inside of the fence. It was laying right by the fence. some scum hopped the fence, shot the deer, at night, cut the head off and left. We even found the Winchester 12 Ga. slug case, about 20 yds from the dead deer. The scum is no doubt bragging, to this day, about his "trophy". Pieces of S#@t…...