Who is ready for some gun action this weekend!

burmjohn

As Paula said:  I'M SO EXCITED!!! And I just can't hide it . . . I know . . . I know . . . I want you . . .Mr. Big 10 pt. buck that's been roaming around my hunting land for the last three years. 

My Remy 30-06 is sighted in. I'm going to wash my clothes again tonight. Heading up Friday morning with my brother in law and father in law. The other two members (my brother and other BIL) of our usual group won't make it this year. Oh well . . . more bucks for me!!!

I just hope and pray :rabbi:  that my tree stand is still where I left it unlike my trail camera. . . :spiteful:

• Like 1

why would you want to hunt from a treestand with a gun?

what do you do? unzip your ground blind and sneak up 20 yards?

a tree stand gives you a much broader view, why limit yourself to a shorter range of view sitting on the ground?

what do you do? unzip your ground blind and sneak up 20 yards?

a tree stand gives you a much broader view, why limit yourself to a shorter range of view sitting on the ground?

Never used a ground blind in my life. I sit on the ground against a tree or rock wall. Why limit yourself to shot opportunities by being constricted to a tree?

tower stand gives you the best of both worlds. 

There is a stand near me,this thing has to be 50' up in the air, more like a mini cabin.I can imagine being up there what a view it must have of the sourounding area.

Unless you are hunting heavy pines, like me. All you would see is the tops of the pine trees and maybe catch a glimpse of my blaze orange dragging a buck out lol.

• Like 1

Went up to my place this past weekend to do some last minute setups on my stands. I have an apple tree next to my cabin(15yds) that was ravaged for the first time in years. Tracks everywhere and this rub next to it, right next to my shed with atv inside. post-3728-13842965675846_thumb.jpgpost-3728-13842965881392_thumb.jpg

Then, directly behind my cabin(30yds) found this one. post-3728-13842966427473_thumb.jpgpost-3728-13842966524392_thumb.jpg

And this one next to it, post-3728-13842966842612_thumb.jpg

I've got a feeling it's the same one...I always bring my gun with me to the outhouse, it might pay off this year. Wouldn't be the first one taken while taking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are hunting heavy pines, like me. All you would see is the tops of the pine trees and maybe catch a glimpse of my blaze orange dragging a buck out lol.

There is a track of smaller pines near me I want to checkout this season. Always activity coming out of there with a few solid trails. Maybe good for a sit on a day it rains.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4