NYC you can't own this gun

It's not the firearm itself that's unlawful but rather the magazine.  I registered a Ruger 10/22 as well as a Henry Lever Action.  To do so, I had to show proof that I purchased a 5-round magazine for my Ruger and proof that I had a gunsmith cap the magazine tube to my Henry to make it a 5-round limit.

I had so much trouble trying to find a gunsmith to install a plug in my lever action.  So many of the gunsmith refused to do it because they were anti-Bloomberg.  I can see their side of the argument for sure.  My view is that yes, Bloomberg is a turd for this but the gunsmith refusing to install the plug is exactly what he wants.  If none of the gunsmith installed the plug, some owners might be forced to sell their gun and then Bloomberg would win because that's what he wants.  Makes all these ridiculous laws to discourage people in the city from owning.  Some may say by complying, he technically wins too.  Depends on how you see it.

No one, Der Feuhrer Cuomo or King Bloomberg included, will tell me what I can and can't own. None of my weapons are registered, and they never will be.  Registration only serves as a database so they know where to start looking when they want to confiscate, which is exactly what they're doing in NYC. 

No one, Der Feuhrer Cuomo or King Bloomberg included, will tell me what I can and can't own. None of my weapons are registered, and they never will be.  Registration only serves as a database so they know where to start looking when they want to confiscate, which is exactly what they're doing in NYC. 

Yes but right now that doesn't help the OP much.  They already know he has it.

Yes but right now that doesn't help the OP much.  They already know he has it.

He should have thought of that before he violated his own second amendment rights by telling them he had it.  Show me where in The Constitution it says I have to tell the government what weapons I have, and I will.  Otherwise, Keep Calm and Carry On.

• Like 1

I understand your point of view and I agree with it.  But at this point, according to your view, the OP already done messed up.  So now what can he do to remedy the situation?

At this point, all he can do is comply. Otherwise, they'll come after the "illegal" weapons

goes to show how important it is to vote and get others out to vote that share your beliefs and frame work this country was founded on.  preaching, "standing your ground", and promises of non-compliance will do nothing except let people know they're others out there that don't like it too.  can't change who the Mayor of NYC is but having the current governor we have now won't keep him in check either.