The Gimp

WNYBuckHunter

This buck has been given the name The Gimp for obvious reasons. We are pretty sure he got hit by a car last year. Hes been scraping and is pretty elusive, as we have only had 1 daytime sighting of him. Havent figured out where hes bedding yet. Im waiting for more snow this year to track him down, his trail is blatantly obvious, as he drags his rear leg. Amazing how tough these animals are. I hope he makes it to next year, Im guessing hes 2 1/2 this year, but who knows, cant get a good read on him due to the injury.

IMAG0373_zps2d472767.jpg

IMAG0381_zps8a9b5afa.jpg

IMAG0388_zpsba45d93e.jpg

IMAG0408_zps257a7015.jpg

IMAG0415_zps440c713a.jpg

Cwd? It was hit by a car.

Anyway, the gimp lost his limp three days ago when the farm manager spotted him on the edge of the orchard and made him her first buck, and first deer, ever. Im waiting on the jaw bone. She was not able to get much meat off of him.

What was up with the meat that made it unpalatable?

• 2 weeks later...

Never said I didnt know what it is. I just dont know the reference, as Ive never watched the show.

Watched?  Didn't know you they had a version you could WATCH?  I listen to it on the radio at night.  91.9 on "Tuned to Yesterday".  Love old time radio programs.  Not real big on Gunsmoke but I like Have Gun Will Travel.  How about Throckmorten P. Gildersleeve? :)

Oh yeah, neat buck; it is amazing how tough they are.

Edited by covert

Watched?  Didn't know you they had a version you could WATCH?  I listen to it on the radio at night.  91.9 on "Tuned to Yesterday".  Love old time radio programs.  Not real big on Gunsmoke but I like Have Gun Will Travel.  How about Throckmorten P. Gildersleeve? :)

Oh yeah, neat buck; it is amazing how tough they are.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047736/

It was a TV series lol