safe act and drones wtf

Citizen surveillance technology is funny? What a strange world this has evolved I nto.

II find humor a good way of dealing with many things that annoy me.....Doc.. A smile or a laugh has saved me from more than one fight . On a serious note , I dislike the drone program and the more than 20 new cameras mounted to our traffic lights up here in our little town in Bf Egypt..and the random traffic stops and the border patrol sitting around everywhere you look and.....

• Like 1

II find humor a good way of dealing with many things that annoy me.....Doc.. A smile or a laugh has saved me from more than one fight . On a serious note , I dislike the drone program and the more than 20 new cameras mounted to our traffic lights up here in our little town in Bf Egypt..and the random traffic stops and the border patrol sitting around everywhere you look and.....

Which drone program? 

Border Patrol bothers you? I don't get it...

The part of the border patrol that we see at "work" up here.. People in far up/ off places deciding to patrol our borders to make us safer... Imo, an illusion.. All done so we the "sheep" think we are being protected...Baaa..We would be better off burning the millions. The land/water border between us and Canada is so porous it's not even funny...They cannot even stop the dozens if not 100s of illegals we have working our local farms now...

The politicians like Richard Hanna are making the drones to Griffis look like a good thing because it will bring Jobs.  Once people think "oh this is good because it will bring jobs" then people don't think about the negative effects the drones can have.  This area has lost a lot of good jobs and the drones are suspected to employ a lot of people

Does it not bother anyone that every day there seems to be more and more ways that we are being put under government and commercial scrutiny. A lot of this stuff resembles conditions of house arrest. How much power and control do we really want to put in the hands of the government. The limits on personal surveillance seem to be completely disappearing and everyone is simply shrugging their shoulders and chalking it up to the necessities of protection from terrorism. I'm afraid that the real costs of 911 are the levels of freedom and independence and privacy that we are now willing to accept losing in the name of homeland security. This drone stuff is simply another stage in the spread of our 24/7 surveillance  which is just another way of saying 24/7 controlled and guarded condition.

• Like 1

I was just thinking does any one play video games or have kids that do and know about the new xbox one .. Well for those who don't know about it's a video game console which has voice command and a camera so while the console is off you can say out loud "xbox on" and the console will turn on. Now If the NSA Can listen in or get into our smart phones what preventing them from watching us our listening to us the through cell phones or a gaming consoles that our kids have. Isn't that invading our privacy our do they own all the signals our phones put out just cause it's in the country. It's kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just thinking does any one play video games or have kids that do and know about the new xbox one .. Well for those who don't know about it's a video game console which has voice command and a camera so while the console is off you can say out loud "xbox on" and the console will turn on. Now If the NSA Can listen in or get into our smart phones what preventing them from watching us our listening to us the through cell phones or a gaming consoles that our kids have. Isn't that invading our privacy our do they own all the signals our phones put out just cause it's in the country. It's kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Unlikely, however anything is possible.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

As we bow down and worship the gods of technology, it seems that very few have bothered to look at where all this stuff is taking us. I mean really, how often do you ever see anyone concerned about the speed and lack of controls on technological invasion of privacy and the insertion of government into our lives. Sometimes someone may laughingly mention it, but there really doesn't seem to be any real alarm. And yet everyday the government gets another tool to remotely monitor and study us and wrap another tentacle of invasiveness around us. I hear others in other threads talk about armed insurrection over infringements on our 2nd Amendment rights, and yet there is really very little concern ever mentioned about how technological fire-power and super-invasive government surveillance has truly made that option quite impossible.

With the communist, terrorist, anti-gun, anti-hunting groups, and our own government. Who isn't out to get you*.

*Note: By you I mean anyone who is reading this thus all of us.

It's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get you .....lol.

• Like 2