New Arrows

josephmrtn

So i bought a set of 6 Easton Bloodline arrows from Lancaster Archery Supply... anyone here use these arrows? im gonna be hauling my bow and these arrows down to ferrari archery and having mike take a look at it and possibly re-tune ect and get it all ready for this season as well as taking a few shots in there 3-d range...

Sounds like a good plan Joe.  Have you shot with the new arrows at home yet?

I recently bought a dozen Gold Tip XT hunters, raw shafts. I cut and fletched 4 last weekend.  Glued in the inserts and went to Gander Mountain to shoot.  

As far as I can see, they appear to be flying excellent.  BUT, they have gray colored bales and to be honest, I can't really see if they are fishtailing or porpoising due to the light background!

If I can remember next time I go I'll take some brown paper shopping bags and tape them together for a dark background then shoot.  Sound like it'll work?? 

I love the gold tip xt. I use to shoot at gander atleast 4-5 times a week but haven't shot there in a few years I go out to lancaster speed way and gout huge chunks of foam and shoot in my yard I do miss shooting there and shooting the crap with other shooters

My new arrows are Black Eagle Rampage bought off Archerytalk. They are .001 straightness, I got bare shafts then cut and fletched them myself, I couldn't be happier. 

As previously mentioned proper spine is the biggest factor then to me it's FOC, good luck with your purchase, I'm sure your Easton's will be shooting perfectly for you, they make great arrows which I have shot for years.

Can't go wrong with Easton arrows. I currently shoot the flatlines for hunting. Thinking about going back to the ACC PH next year. I shoot Carbon express cxl pros for 3D and GT XXX for indoor. Victory and Deer Crossing arrows are about the only brand I don't really care for. I've had bad experience's with both.

Sounds like a good plan Joe. Have you shot with the new arrows at home yet?

I recently bought a dozen Gold Tip XT hunters, raw shafts. I cut and fletched 4 last weekend. Glued in the inserts and went to Gander Mountain to shoot.

As far as I can see, they appear to be flying excellent. BUT, they have gray colored bales and to be honest, I can't really see if they are fishtailing or porpoising due to the light background!

If I can remember next time I go I'll take some brown paper shopping bags and tape them together for a dark background then shoot. Sound like it'll work??

Sorry to hyjack your thread joe . What is the deal with shooting at gander? How do I go about bringing in the bow and who do you see for range time.

Sorry to hyjack your thread joe . What is the deal with shooting at gander? How do I go about bringing in the bow and who do you see for range time.

When you walk in the store, on your immediate left is the customer service desk.  They have a notebook right there for you to sign in.  You can mention it to the clerk there, sometimes the door is locked.  They'll send someone over to unlock.......

The stairway is over on the south side of the building; right around the food processing gear.  Head up the stairs and pound away! 

10, 20 and 30 yards have the red lines.  Good lights and tables for your gear.

If you look close, on the floor towards the back is a little X marking 30 meters.  I didn't do it, a guy I met practices with a VERY spendy recurve set up for Olympic shooting, pretty cool rig!

As far as payment goes, you can pay me via Paypal or drop off cash. :O

Not really, after you're done you pay at that same counter or any open register.  I think it was $5/30 minutes or $8/60 minutes.  Oh, when you get there and sign in, if your watch says 7:20pm, mark the book 7:25 or 7:30 because it'll take you a few minutes to get situated.  Heck, there might even be an old timer there that will want to shoot the breeze................. B)

• Like 1

I shot outdoors today at my gun club.  20, 30 and 40 yards.  The bales were kind of frozen and extraction was a bear..............................

I'm fishtailing a bit.  I don't think every shot but most have a slight side to side in flight that I can see.

Time to study the tuning guide sticky here.............. :angry:

I shot outdoors today at my gun club. 20, 30 and 40 yards. The bales were kind of frozen and extraction was a bear..............................

I'm fishtailing a bit. I don't think every shot but most have a slight side to side in flight that I can see.

Time to study the tuning guide sticky here.............. :angry:

What club do you shoot at? I try to get to the Niagara county sportsman club and use the archery range when the weather will let me.

That'd be where I go also. I had my harness with me to shoot from the elevated platform but was a bit short on time.

I had to unload my ML as it was still loaded from the middle of January so I dumped the charge down the 50 yard plinking range. (And not surprisingly it WAS a bullseye!!)