Squeaky Bow

Bow

You can probably keep adding oil periodically, but there is always a chance of the problem coming back at a very inopportune time (like when that buck of a lifetime have stopped at 20 yards, broadside .... lol). I would simply take it back and hope that it is not a design problem inherent in the make and model.

I wouldn't use any type of oil. Oil does nothing other than collects dirt and debris.The bow needs to be broke down and everything inspected. Sounds like it may be the plastic pieces that the yoke cables attach to. Take them off and lightly hit them with sand paper where they contact the limbs and see if it goes away.

for what it probably cost I would take it back until it was perfect. Hoyt is a good brand and should stand behind their products. You could always trade it in for an Elite!

Elite's are good bows, but I would take a hybrid cam system over the Elite cam system any day of the week.

Brand new, and guys are suggesting taking sandpaper to anything? Really guys? Take it back to the pro shop and let them take care of it. They will be able to deal with Hoyt easier than you will.

Absolutely .... If you make any modification whatever, be it with sandpaper or whatever, you then take on the responsibility for the problem. This is just a case of some infant mortality problem that every manufacturer periodically gets and expects. There should be no problem getting it repaired or replaced by competent people. Let them do it.

• Like 2

Brand new, and guys are suggesting taking sandpaper to anything? Really guys? Take it back to the pro shop and let them take care of it. They will be able to deal with Hoyt easier than you will.

He asked what the problem could be and I gave him my 2 cents on what it could be and how to fix it. If he had no intentions on trying to fix it himself then I guess he should have not even posted and just took it to the shop.

• Like 1

He asked what the problem could be and I gave him my 2 cents on what it could be and how to fix it. If he had no intentions on trying to fix it himself then I guess he should have not even posted and just took it to the shop.

You gotta remember, half the guys on here couldn't change a light bulb let alone make repairs on their bow. They'd rather let the lackeys at the shop do it. I know better!

• Like 1

it does occur, I have found if you back off the poundage and use a Q tip with bow wax on it and rub the wax in the noise will go away for a long period.

Or take it back to the pro shop and ask them to correct the noise problem.

Wax is probably the worst thing to use to quiet something down.

Take it back to the shop or call Hoyt.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

You gotta remember, half the guys on here couldn't change a light bulb let alone make repairs on their bow. They'd rather let the lackeys at the shop do it. I know better!

Its brand new with a warranty, youd be an idiot if you tore it down and screwed it up and voided the warranty. Its like buying a car with a 100k mile drivetrain warranty and rebuilding the transmission yourself at 30k miles just because you have the know how.

Some of the advice you guys hand out is just ridiculous. Working on a bow isnt rocket science. Its like anything else, take the time to learn how to do it, and you can do it yourself.

Trying to find out what the problem could be doesn't mean he wants to fix it himself, or risk voiding his warranty. I'm sure the OP wanted reassurance that its not just him, and that it was the bow and if there was a simple solution, like will it go away after breaking it in. In this case, best advice is to take the bow back.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Its brand new with a warranty, youd be an idiot if you tore it down and screwed it up and voided the warranty. Its like buying a car with a 100k mile drivetrain warranty and rebuilding the transmission yourself at 30k miles just because you have the know how.

Some of the advice you guys hand out is just ridiculous. Working on a bow isnt rocket science. Its like anything else, take the time to learn how to do it, and you can do it yourself.

In this case its more like replacing your dome light when your vehicles under warranty. Would you take it to the dealer or just replace it yourself? Lightly sanding the plastic pieces you attach the yoke cables to is a simple fix if you have a press. Its easier than bringing it to the shop if that's all the problem is. Like you said, its not rocket science! And why is this advice ridiculous? How many bows have you worked on in your life? I bet it isn't as many as Bowtoons has!

No noise should be present on draw.  Let the pro shop fix it or replace it.  If they take off the string, make sure everything is good before you leave. 

Shoot the bow a few times making sure the knock and arrow rest are set properly and peep is aligned.  

In this case its more like replacing your dome light when your vehicles under warranty. Would you take it to the dealer or just replace it yourself? Lightly sanding the plastic pieces you attach the yoke cables to is a simple fix if you have a press. Its easier than bringing it to the shop if that's all the problem is. Like you said, its not rocket science! And why is this advice ridiculous? How many bows have you worked on in your life? I bet it isn't as many as Bowtoons has!

You are talking about tearing the whole bow down, not doing something extremely simple, like replacing the site or even the grip. The advice is ridiculous because the bow is new and under warranty. Why in the heck would you chance screwing up your warranty, which you paid for in the price of the new bow? Its just silly.

I have worked on my own bows, but never taken them down, etc. I dont have the time or desire at this point to learn how to do it, but it doesnt mean that I couldnt if I took the time.