Cuomo raised the ante

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo believes that pro-life activists along with anti-gay activists, and supporters of the Second Amendment, are not welcome in his state.

During a radio interview on Friday, Cuomo pointed out that Republicans were in the midst of a schism, where conservatives worked against moderate Republicans.

"Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves," he said. "Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

What I find funny (funny in a sad way) is the Left, will beat their chests and cry it is a right  in the case of abortion and same sex marriage, but they don't seem to be willing to apply the same "thought process" to the right to protect ones self and the Second Amendment. Apparently "Rights" are only used as a battle cry when they fit your end game.

• Like 2

What I find funny (funny in a sad way) is the Left, will beat their chests and cry it is a right  in the case of abortion and same sex marriage, but they don't seem to be willing to apply the same "thought process" to the right to protect ones self and the Second Amendment. Apparently "Rights" are only used as a battle cry when they fit your end game.

No, you're looking at it all wrong. These teens that have a right to be treated with kid-gloves also have a right to rob you, break into the house, or attack women, they just don't know any better.

Edited by bluecoupe

And you 2 are just figuring that out?...lol...jk

Well if there is any luck in the world this one will back fire...and all the "extremest" will step back a bit ...let Cuomo continue to open his mouth and spill the pile of garbage he has welled up inside of him until he buries him self and his party...What he does not understand is cater to the welfare ppl...to the gamblers...and criminals....but the rt to lifers...the gays....and the extremest...middle class will still vote their pocket books..many of the others don't vote...

The republicans have got to listen carefully this year...have your views...just don't beat ppl over the head with them....

Then there is collective will power ;) ...Enough ill will directed toward him daily ...things one wouldn't normally  wish upon a person...ya know the plague......his tongue falling out...turning to stone...nothing too extreme...lol...

Groups quietly revving up the get out and vote machine...start small within organizations making sure ppl are registered and legally so..Then make it more of a open public drive the closer to the deadline...why tip your hand ...so they'll dble their efforts in doing so...like in the Obama election...

While  a Voting inspector I had to turn away countless ppl who thought the DMV had registered them...forgot to legally change an address...didn't know where to vote...Lord the list went on and on...before the election call and dbl check your status...even if nothing has changed...one old women came in and we had to turn her away...she'd voted every election she'd ever been allowed to..until then....The board of elections had her marked as diseased!

Culver, do you apply the same thought process regarding these rights?

I do. Even though I may not agree with those choices, I can't say it is my place to force my views on those topics on anyone else.

I don't believe abortion is right, but that is my personal choice. I also have a differing opinion from many on Late term abortions. If the baby looks like a baby, to me it is a baby, Each woman will have to live with their decision. I know 5 women that have had abortion earlier in their lives and all 5 struggle with the decision to this day.

I also personally believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. if the homosexual community wishes to have something to signify their union, Then have at it, but it isn't marriage. (probably wholly molded by my religious views)  If  the Govt wishes to acknowledge that union with legal benefits, then they should. BUT if they do then they should also be willing to also legally recognize others' wishes for other types of relationships such as polygamy. (for what ever reason some guys have a desire to have more than one wife is beyond me...lol)

• Like 1

There are extremists on both sides. I don't think that "the left" in general is in favor of banning all guns or for compromising peoples rights to defend themselves. Cuomo is lumping three common extreme-right positions (anti-gay, 'pro-life', gun nuts) together. The common theme among these general right wing positions is that they are antiquated beliefs. Agree or disagree with his politics. But, he is correct in that political positions, such as the pro-life and marriage inequality positions, which are based on dogmatic religious teachings, are becoming increasingly less acceptable in today's society. The gun issue doesn't fall into that same category. But, he may be right that society is moving in the direction of more gun control. Time will tell.

Cuomo is taking his lead on dumb-speech from the source

President Obama stated that current Al Qaeda was “jayvee” – and said that his analogy was often used around the White House. “The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant,” Obama said.

Sort of like just because you were elected doesn't make you presidential

“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black President,” Obama told The New Yorker’s David Remnick in the magazine’s Jan. 27 issue.
“Now, the flip side of it is there are some black folks and maybe some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I’m a black President,” he added.

He conveniently left out ...that some people don't like him jut because he's an idiot in the Oval Office.

“I’m a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football. And I think that those of us who love the sport are going to have to wrestle with the fact that it will probably change gradually to try to reduce some of the violence.”
Those comments last year drew a mixed reaction, with Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed agreeing, and San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh joking that his infant son, Jack, would grow up kick butt in the president’s kinder-gentler NFL.

And now he's an NFL Nancy

So I guess Cuomo is wrong, NY'ers are not progressive liberal minded people? You guys look at this stuff the wrong way every time? Everything he said is absolute fact. Yea saying they should leave may have been a repugnant statement to right wing conservative types. Fact is it will make the people who hate him continue to hate him and the people who support him will continue to do so.

And I keep hearing that he panders to welfare types, yes to a degree but there are many well to do NY'rs that support him and his policies too with not only their vote but lots of money too, remember NY is the richest state in the country.

Just saw on the news the only candidate so far to run against him Rob Astorino would get 19 percent of the vote  (Siena Poll Belo)  In case you want to check it.  Granted he has not got his name out there and he is liberal light.  But Cuomo can say what he did when he is sure he will get re-elected.

Edited by bubba

I doubt that he really meant that anyone should actually leave NYS. I think that his point was that society has moved on from those antiquated ideals.

Virgil. I know we but heads and disagree on many social issues. I can't help but believe that as society turns their backs on these and many other "antiquated ideals", the further down we slide.

• Like 1

“so maybe he should keep the city, we'll get the heck out and be NY state”

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

If we all sent him registered letters telling him that if found on our property he would be arrested for criminal trespass.  Silly as that sounds if all gun owners did that....eventually he would go to a restaurant/gas station/ a local store/for political reasons whose owner had sent him the warning letter.  Then the owner calls the police and has him arrested for criminal trespass. He has been already warned and his conviction would be assured.

Maybe Prince Andy will find out just how much of NY has no room for an Imperial Governor.  

I do. Even though I may not agree with those choices, I can't say it is my place to force my views on those topics on anyone else.

I don't believe abortion is right, but that is my personal choice. I also have a differing opinion from many on Late term abortions. If the baby looks like a baby, to me it is a baby, Each woman will have to live with their decision. I know 5 women that have had abortion earlier in their lives and all 5 struggle with the decision to this day.

I also personally believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. if the homosexual community wishes to have something to signify their union, Then have at it, but it isn't marriage. (probably wholly molded by my religious views) If the Govt wishes to acknowledge that union with legal benefits, then they should. BUT if they do then they should also be willing to also legally recognize others' wishes for other types of relationships such as polygamy. (for what ever reason some guys have a desire to have more than one wife is beyond me...lol)

200% agree!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

To the OP and the thread title: Of course he's raised the ante, he thinks he's holding the whole deck. And he may not be far from wrong in that thinking. We're outraged, sure, but how many of us are actually doing something about it? There is a lot of disorganized opposition to this tyranny, standing against a fair amount of highly organized support for it. I don't have any answers to this dilemma other than better organization. Pick a couple of issues and organize around those. Second Ammendment rights is of concern to all of us on this forum, so let that be the number one issue. My personal number two issue would be the fact that it's becoming impossible for me to survive here as a small construction contractor. Workers comp, liability, fees, and the rest of the hidden taxes which have skyrocketed. We've got 9 months to get organized and form a battle plan to remove this joker. Let's not get sidetracked by the things that we don't agree on, get tough on the things that we do agree on and send that message to Albany.

• Like 1