Another "What Is It" Picture

Lawdwaz

OK, I've had this one for a number of years and probably had it on posted here at he time.  From the start I've said it was a bear.  You see, the camera (SG550) bottom door was off it, the camera itself was turned sideways, the para cord that held it in place actually damaged the camera from the critter PULLING on the case with its teeth.  Tooth marks on the camera are also evident but they are pretty close together indicating to me a small bear. 

This is the only picture that was usable from the card.  The rest looked like some of growie's fuzzy ones....... :biggrin:

trailcampics2009and2010006.jpg

So, is it a bear??

Yeah, I think you're guess of it being a bear is probably on the money. I say that not so much from the picture, but more based on the camera damage that you described and the way the whole set-up was disturbed. That all sounds like typical bear response to cameras that I have read about.

Yea Doc, I agree. I've had tons of deer stick their noses right up to the camera but never had one grab it with their teeth or move it in any way. The bottom access door of the camera was even off and lying on the ground.

Bear yes. Rhino? No way.........grin.