Private road Gawkers....

sits in trees

Hey folks, I know some of you live down secluded private roads like I do. What do you all do to keep people from cruising down your road just to end up making 10 point turns in your parking area/driveway or worse just turning around on your front lawn! I have even had some idiots drive down my road in the snow and end up getting stuck on their way back out?????

I have do not enter, no trespassing, private keep out signs up but still get these numbnutzs coming down my road?

Yea Pav the gate would be ideal but I have the mailman and UPS guys coming down almost daily. And Grows I have thought about the fake security cam thing and might give that a try..

I thought about an electrically operated gate at one point but don't really wanna spend 3 grand either. Problem is once they come down my road they are committed because turning around 1/2 way down is impossible.

In that case...I suggest a sign part way down the drive that says...

BACK UP!!

.                                                MENOPAUSAL WOMAN

.                                                         WITH A 12 ga

.                                                            LIVES HERE!

• Like 1

I find it kind of funny to watch people who think our 1000' driveway is some kind of single lane town road. They finally get to a point where they can see the house and then just stop, apparently sitting there pondering what they should do now. They never finish their journey or they would discover a nice circle to get them pointed back out. Instead they start the process of turning around in the width of a single lane. I haven't had anyone go off the driveway and into the ditch yet, but it likely will happen one of these times.

I often wonder just what is going through their heads that would make them even want to come up there. It's a well-maintained driveway, but it really doesn't look like any kind of public road. But anyway, so far it has not really caused any problems ...... yet.

I find it kind of funny to watch people who think our 1000' driveway is some kind of single lane town road. They finally get to a point where they can see the house and then just stop, apparently sitting there pondering what they should do now. They never finish their journey or they would discover a nice circle to get them pointed back out. Instead they start the process of turning around in the width of a single lane. I haven't had anyone go off the driveway and into the ditch yet, but it likely will happen one of these times.

I often wonder just what is going through their heads that would make them even want to come up there. It's a well-maintained driveway, but it really doesn't look like any kind of public road. But anyway, so far it has not really caused any problems ...... yet.

charge big $$$ to pull them out