Gander Mountain is a Joke!

Arrow Flinger

My son & I took a ride up to Gander Mountain today to buy a few things. We were gonna spend about $100 each if they had everything we wanted. Needless to say, they didn't. I wanted to get a red dot scope for my turkey gun, which they had, but they didn't have a mounting rail for it that would fit my gun(which is the most popular shotgun out there). I also wanted to get a Turkey choke for my gun. None of them there either. So, we looked for the stuff my son wanted. He needed a mount to mount the VLR-1 light he got to his gun. Now, they had a whole aisle of tactical lights for guns but not one mount! Guess they just expect you to use duct tape. My son also wanted to get a bi-pod for his gun. All they had were the Primos shootin sticks. By this point we were both disgusted and went to pay for my scope. The lady at the cash register informs me that I can buy the protection plan for the scope for $5. I informed her that if it was broke I would return it anyways. She said they wont let me return it unless I paid the $5 fee, that I would have to return it to the manufacturer! At this point I told her to keep the friggin scope and give me my money back and that I will spend my money at their competitors from now on. So, off I went and bought the same scope at their competitor on my way home. And to top it off, I didn't need to pay a $5 fee just in case I needed to return it! Gander will never see another dime from me. Seems like they have quite the scam going there. Nothing like standing behind the products you sell!

• Like 1

When the one is buffalo opened i was so thankful- its a ghost town of overpriced junk and camping krap now....their gun section is about as big as a walmart's... the one in rochester seems better.....i bet the most business they have is their going out of business sale when Cabelas opens..

I see it as "you don't know what you got til it's gone". By that I'm talking about the Gander that we had right down the road, til it got flooded in 2011 and was forced to leave. Since then we've only had Walmart and Dick's for local stores. I was glad to hear Gander will be returning soon. While I admit I left there on many occasions with a bad taste, they will be a step up from what we have now.

Anyone else notice their minnows(fatheads) die very fast?

rt lousy service..not all prices high but many are...but today got another 60.00 for free merchandise.... so now I have 132.00 thus far this year...average 40 a month and a year from certificate issue to redeem on anything I want that's a lot of free for me to play with...whether in store or on line...Gander works for me.... for now...

• 4 weeks later...