Freezer Size

Five Seasons

I have an up right,size? Idk it looks to be about 2/3 the size of a normal refrigerator .right now it has1 deer and two turkey in it plus other foods.

Most years it holds 2 deer plus. I got this one from my parents house so size was not a choice .

Like gun safes,tents and the like, I'd say go bigger then you think you'll need.

• Like 1

I found the chest freezers to be less expensive . I have 2 of the 7 cu ft freezers and paid less that $200 for each one .

We have a Gibson upright freezer that we bought in 1969 and that baby still works like a charm . I hope I didn't jinx it .

Check Craig's List and you might find a good buy . Only problem with that is moving it .

This is what I have. Besides the freezers in the two refrigerators. This sis just for my wild game. Two deer easily and room to spare. I keep it out in my unheated garage and never have had a problem. One this I would suggest to anyone using a freezer that you don't go to all the time. Place a small Tupperware container  with a top on it in the freezer filled with ice cubes. It is a perfect indicator that the freezer hasn't lost power at any time. If the cubes are melted and into a chunk you know it has.

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-5.1-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/p-04618502000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

If price is the primary consideration, look at the 5-6 cu/ft chest freezers. Typically in the $200+ price range. Be warned - A chest freezer can be a pain in the a$$ with everything piled on top of each other. Sort of lose track of your inventory when food gets shuffled to the bottom and not in plain sight. Definitely an inconvenience, but manageable!

If price is the primary consideration, look at the 5-6 cu/ft chest freezers. Typically in the $200+ price range. Be warned - A chest freezer can be a pain in the a$$ with everything piled on top of each other. Sort of lose track of your inventory when food gets shuffled to the bottom and not in plain sight. Definitely an inconvenience, but manageable!

Yeah I'd like standing but want to stay under $350 if I can.

Thanks for the advise guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a $10 indoor / outdoor thermometer with the outdoor sending unit in my venison freezer and the receiver here next to my computer .

I found a unit like you described right under my nose!  Had one sitting on the work bench although it does need fresh batteries.

How long do the batts last, especially the ones ons in the freezer??  Not long I suspect..................

An upright is the way to go belo as nyslowhand said above chest freezers become pretty unorganized.but either way do not plug into a ground fault.i guess their code now in basements.my freezer stopped working,after some troubleshooting found out the cheap Chinese made ground fault plug stopped working.changed it out with a regular recepticle and all well.