Shot placement on a deer

skeets716

I hear the Canadian side has some interesting adult female entertainers. :)

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Fort Erie is loaded with fish........

It's been many years since I hit the Canadian ballet, like maybe 25 or so?  Honestly, since I met my wife I haven't gone.  She never said anything either way but I have no interest in it...............kind of like Face Book.  I was a member there for a few months when I helped set up my 30 year graduation from high school.  Then, I deleted my membership as I could only foresee troubles.  No sense in rekindling any old relationships or starting new.

Sorry for the derail OP :bye:

75-100 yards, what are you NUTS?

Oh yea, per the original question; I'll take my shots (when broadside) tight to the shoulder, not high nor low, dead center.

465 yards I would hold top of the back. Can't miss unless I yank it. The range I go to is only 200yd max. When hunting and taking a shot past 200 I go by the ballistics. It's always worked. Only deer I ever missed with a gun or rifle was when I was 16 in Texas . I missed 4 times in a row. The scope turned out to be way off. Must have gotten jarred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another outfitter:

Our archery desert mule deer hunts are conducted during mid December through January (during the peak of the rut). Since we hunt open terrain, expect archery shots to range from 30 to 60 yards. The further you can shoot with a bow accurately, the higher your chances for success. Archery hunts are 5 days and can be combined with javelina as an added bonus, provide you apply for a javelina tag. Archery deer tags are over the counter.

http://www.arizonahunting.net/muledeer.htm

Another outfitter: Our archery desert mule deer hunts are conducted during mid December through January (during the peak of the rut). Since we hunt open terrain, expect archery shots to range from 30 to 60 yards. The further you can shoot with a bow accurately, the higher your chances for success. Archery hunts are 5 days and can be combined with javelina as an added bonus, provide you apply for a javelina tag. Archery deer tags are over the counter. http://www.arizonahunting.net/muledeer.htm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONCE AGAIN..................................NOT 75 OR 100 YARDS.

You keep digging your hole, I'll keep this up................. :banghead:

Even this kid can put it in the kill zone at 75yds with a Mickey Mouse bow http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SHo904pyZ30 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I think your just pushing my buttons....................

He's a scenario for you; dad and the "Mighty Hunter" walk up to 10' and dump an arrow into the vittles (yea, I know) then they walk back to 75 yards and shoot one into the woods.  Walk up to the deer dummy and say "wow, what a shot"

Plausible?

How long have you been scouring the 'net for this stuff?  

Don't you have a fiancée to snuggle with.......................................??

Here's a bowsite topic of longest bow kills. Hundreds of liars? I doubt it. http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread-print.cfm?threadid=424364&forum=2 These are guys who don't just hunt whitetails from treestands and wait for 17 yard shots Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many of those  "hundreds of liars" are going to tell you how many animals they wounded and lost while shooting 75-100 yards? 

When you get a couple (or even ONE) deer down with a bow (vertical or not) let me know how it went.  Then you can dispense all the advice you want.

Heck, all you have to do is practice for a day or two.................................

• Like 1

I'm sure they have lost deer. I never said they haven't. I'm sure I'll lose a deer at some point to. It's bound to happen. My xbow didn't take more than 20 shots to sight in and it's good to 40 yards. I'm sighted in dead on at 25yds. I shoot it a few days before hunting to make the scope is still on and it's good to go. Hopefully I'll be out there in NY with it this year

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Hopefully the OP got the info he was looking for...cause now this thread is about ....300-500 yd shots with rifles like they are easy....Canadian strip joints...& insane bow shots.....

Biz....not to kick you while your down but I am going to guess your youthful exuberance is getting the best of you....majority of posts have said....it's not realistic....with no bow kills under your belt why not listen to the advice these guys are sharing.....your expectations are leading you on a path to disappointment

He Biz, shawn or anyone else giving these 75-100 yard shots the green light:

How many years have you guys been bow hunting?

How many kills do you have under your belt?

I don't know about Doc but I haven't missed a season since 1976.  37 seasons........only about 35 killed deer here in NYS.  A couple in PA but who's counting?

How about you Doc, how many years??  I'm guessing 45 years or so..................................

Just curious on the young guys experience with this. 

Shooting the bow since I was 11, when I built my first hickory longbow ..... lol.

Got my first bowhunting license in 1965 ..... Damn! That'll be 49 years this fall. Never missed a season in all those years.

That's funny, when I started thinking about how long I have been bowhunting in the last reply, I also started thinking about the mindset of bowhunters back then. You know the whole reason that I got into bowhunting back then was the challenge of having to get close to the deer. Actually, everyone that I knew was kind of into that same thing. The whole deal was having the hunting skill to get within 20 yards or less of a deer, drawing back the bow without getting spotted, and then making the shot. The emphasis was on woodslore and stealth. That's where the challenge came from and that's where the satisfaction came from. That's what separated the bow season from the gun season.

Somehow over the years the whole mentality of bowhunting has shifted away from the "hunting" part of it, and has become a reliance on what technology some guy in an office can invent to get the deer for us. When did we decide that the idea of bowhunting was to see how far away we can shoot a deer? With that kind of mentality, I can't figure out why people don't go all the way with that thinking  and simply stay with the gun. What is all this screwing around with bows and crossbows if you are going to maintain the gun shooting mentality and try to turn these weapons of challenge into just another long distance machine? Doesn't anybody take any pride in up-close and personal hunting skills anymore?

• Like 5

Hopefully the OP got the info he was looking for...cause now this thread is about ....300-500 yd shots with rifles like they are easy....Canadian strip joints...& insane bow shots.....

Biz....not to kick you while your down but I am going to guess your youthful exuberance is getting the best of you....majority of posts have said....it's not realistic....with no bow kills under your belt why not listen to the advice these guys are sharing.....your expectations are leading you on a path to disappointment

If I get the opportunity to hunt where a 75 yd clear shot is a possibility, I will practice and practice for it and then take it under the right conditions