CT gun confiscation

I saw an article on topconservativenews.com about how the CT state police says the will conduct door to door searches and confiscation for people who do not register there guns under there proposed new gun laws. Says they will all be considered class D felons if they do not register there guns and the cops will come and get them. Article says there could be close to 100k people. Not sure how to share the article on here. Any pointers? Yes I am kind of computer illiterate. Pretty scary to think we could be next.

Not true, I  heard the very same telephone conversation with the head of the CT state troopers and he said nothing about going door to door in his statements even thought the lunatic women who was interviewing him was trying to press him into saying it "he did not". As a matter of fact he clearly said they would not be be doing door to door searches.

• Like 1

Not true, I heard the very same telephone conversation with the head of the CT state troopers and he said nothing about going door to door in his statements even thought the lunatic women who was interviewing him was trying to press him into saying it "he did not". As a matter of fact he clearly said they would not be be doing door to door searches.

Sits, you are correct. I just listened to the phone conversation. I dont know how I missed that when I read the article. You are right that lady did seem a little crazy and was really trying to press him and he did not say they would becoming to get guns. I guess it is really hard to figure out what is true or not in all these gun control articles and issues and who or what is a credible news source.

I am a big believer if you register that later down the road that is going to come back and bite you in the ass. Ok, on another forum there was a memeber that registered with NYS, when he registered you where asking that NYS for permission to keep these evil weapons as they call them. The key to this say IF YOU ARE APPROVED. So what happens if you are not approved. They have a legal document you submiteed stating what weapons you own. Also once you register them with NYS can not pass the gun down to a familt memeber when you die, it must be surrendered. Also what people don't understant with the NY SAFE ACT is if you have a pistol permit and it is revoked, you must surrender all your guns, even rifles and shotguns.

I think that someone from NYC made a post not too far in the past from The NYPD or someone in City Gov't, telling him the guns he registered needed to be modified, sold or turned in..........this is what I anticipate happening if it ever comes to it in NY, if they somehow have a record of you buying or owning an "assault weapon", you will be notified of your need to register it,or if you no longer have it show proof of sale or a notarized letter swearing you no longer have it........it's your choice to do as you see right, what happens after is up to you........mass confiscation and the Gestapo kicking in your door will probably never happen, but you will be considered a criminal by the Gov't if you don't comply...........but, I may very well be wrong.

Edited by jjb4900

If they can pass a law that requires you to register a certain type of firearm then they can pass a law that requires you to register all types of firearms. I don't know if we will see confiscation, in my life time, but one so called "crisis" can change all of that. Countries that have totally banned firearms have  all started out with registration.

Forget the steps and look at what their end goal is .... The complete elimination of private firearm owner ship and a repel of the 2nd amendment.

So they will take baby steps that they think they could pass to get them closer to their desired end.

If you don't think registration is the first step to confiscation .... Then let's ask why registration is even needed.

• Like 3

NYIndy, speaking of you won't let no one in your house. The Supreme Court just ruled if one person says not to a search and another person says yes, the LEO can enter your house. So everyone needs to be clear and inform all people in the house to always say no.

yup, if your wife is pissed off at you and the marriage is going south, all bets are off..............or at least have everyone on the same page if things are good.

• Like 1

I am a big believer if you register that later down the road that is going to come back and bite you in the ass. Ok, on another forum there was a memeber that registered with NYS, when he registered you where asking that NYS for permission to keep these evil weapons as they call them. The key to this say IF YOU ARE APPROVED. So what happens if you are not approved. They have a legal document you submiteed stating what weapons you own. Also once you register them with NYS can not pass the gun down to a familt memeber when you die, it must be surrendered. Also what people don't understant with the NY SAFE ACT is if you have a pistol permit and it is revoked, you must surrender all your guns, even rifles and shotguns.

of course we need to abide by the law.....should the day come when they start collecting law abiding citizens guns....god help them....they are going to seize all the registered guns first, they know where and who to go to. So that leaves us in theory ...that the unlawful and criminals are going to be only ones with the guns....so what happens when the bad guys know that they are the only ones with guns??...the good will suffer.

I have no desire to suffer

of course we need to abide by the law.....should the day come when they start collecting law abiding citizens guns....god help them....they are going to seize all the registered guns first, they know where and who to go to. So that leaves us in theory ...that the unlawful and criminals are going to be only ones with the guns....so what happens when the bad guys know that they are the only ones with guns??...the good will suffer.

I have no desire to suffer

there are so may undocumented guns out there, meaning no one knows who owns what anymore, that it would make their heads spin if they ever tried tracing them all.........it's gonna be a very expensive, man power exhaustive endeavor should they ever decide to take it on.

Forget the steps and look at what their end goal is .... The complete elimination of private firearm owner ship and a repel of the 2nd amendment. So they will take baby steps that they think they could pass to get them closer to their desired end. If you don't think registration is the first step to confiscation .... Then let's ask why registration is even needed.

Absolutely!!

Why do they want (or think they need) a list of who owns what firearms?

I have never heard an acceptable answer to that basic question, probably because no one in power will come right out and say, "So that we know where to come and get them.". But you know that's the only real reason. It will make their jobs easier.

BTW, I don't believe for one second that information submitted in a background check isn't held as what amounts to a registration database.

Edited by philoshop

• 2 weeks later...

Hang on, how was anything stopped by journalists? From what I can find, it was one D-Bag cop running his mouth online, and he was put on leave for it. Im glad he was given some type of punishment for that kind of talk, but I just dont see how his comments reflect on the attitude of every cop, or even most cops in CT. The fact that he was put on leave for it leads me to believe that what he said most likely doesnt jive with reality.

I know quite a few LEOs, and none of them would want to be any part of confiscating guns.