QDM Meeting with Neighbors

One group I know takes a bunch like this each year. Pretty informal rules too,just lots of land and keeping pressure light, but what do I know.

post-253-0-04124400-1395869949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 3

And Four Seasons your argument that it is QDMA VS Captive Deer Farms and how there is fear or competition is probably the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Apple and Oranges..... Ask any hunter if they would rather hunt a wild 100% free animal vs Captive animal and we all know the majority is wild. Sure you have clients, there is a market, there is one for herion too. Doesn't make it right.

Now you will get his comments on how the bottle raised deer are as difficult to hunt as a wild one

• Like 1

Instead of wasting everyone's time slamming the QDMA about what it is doing, why not educate us on what you and the captive deer industry is doing for the wild deer herd and hunters who love them?

I'd like to hear the answer too from that "huge beast".

One group I know takes a bunch like this each year. Pretty informal rules too,just lots of land and keeping pressure light, but what do I know.

Yup nice bucks for sure. We pop 3 or so a year on our land down near the park.  Why do you think we kill nice bucks on our farm. Low pressure and no babies. We do nothing QDMA style except let them grow.  We kill bucks like that up here on 700 acres but not near as many and we do everything QDMA style. Why is that?  Because every line hunter kills all the baby bucks.  Where your land sits means everything on buck take.

And Four Seasons your argument that it is QDMA VS Captive Deer Farms and how there is fear or competition is probably the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Apple and Oranges.....  Ask any hunter if they would rather hunt a wild 100% free animal vs Captive animal and we all know the majority is wild.  Sure you have clients, there is a market, there is one for herion too.  Doesn't make it right.

All im telling you is that the the way the QDMA went about trying to bury their competition with false lies to try and sway the public is about to turn that whole group upside down.

Now that science has shown that the wild deer( Bucks at the most) are the ones moving cwd all across the country side there will be no need of mature animals. All antlered deer should be shot on sight.  If you dont then you sure are not holding up your end of being a member of QDMA.  

Unless of course you are like most of the rest and only worry about the inches.  In the mean time high fence will continue to grow as the average hunter gets older and hunting number in general will continue to fall because you cant get the fat kids off the phones and video games.

The demand out weighs the product in our world.  Bet ya you cant say that!!

This pretty much sums it up what the QDMA is about.

qdma10000years_zpsd9567a38.jpg

Instead of wasting everyone's time slamming the QDMA about what it is doing, why not educate us on what you and the captive deer industry is doing for the wild deer herd and hunters who love them?

Ill tell you what they do, line their own pockets. Thats all it is to them, money. FSW has said it himself.

Ill tell you what they do, line their own pockets. Thats all it is to them, money. FSW has said it himself.

No its called business and business is good.  What other livestock can a farmer raise and make an extra high 5 digits every year and never run out of sales. Business is proven by the people that want that product and now people have choices.  Many thousands make that choice every year.  Good luck trying to keep up with that demand. 

No its called business and business is good.  What other livestock can a farmer raise and make an extra high 5 digits every year and never run out of sales. Business is proven by the people that want that product and now people have choices.  Many thousands make that choice every year.  Good luck trying to keep up with that demand. 

WesternNY asked you what you and your industry have done for the wild deer herd and deer hunters, not what youve done for your business.

I know you are in a lather to discredit the QDMA and those of us that support them, but try to read before you respond.

WesternNY asked you what you and your industry have done for the wild deer herd and deer hunters, not what youve done for your business.

I know you are in a lather to discredit the QDMA and those of us that support them, but try to read before you respond.

Wow are you brain dead?   I told you that i support QDMA  I use all their thoughts and ways to grow 250 inch bucks every year. It works great.  There are so many people out there that grow the trophy bucks they want by farming by QDMA standards. QDM is farming for the trophy bucks people want. We know it, We get it!

As far as our industry, Most every person in our industry was and still is a hunter and sportsman of all wild deer.. I own almost 1000 acres of wild whitetail land. Can you say that?  Didn't think so!   

You see we support the future and we will be on the forefront of the future.  The extra 5 and 6 extra digits we make a year is just icing on the cake$  You see other people will see what the 6 new farms that just started up are doing/making in their new business and then those people will do the same. You play your game and we will play ours and when the smoke clears we will see who is on top.

Yours will self destruct. Its already started in so many places. It will continue!                  

Let me ask you, Where do you think people will be hunting after CWD runs its way all across the country. Do you think they will be hunting CWD positive deer?

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Wow are you brain dead?   I told you that i support QDMA  I use all their thoughts and ways to grow 250 inch bucks every year. It works great.  There are so many people out there that grow the trophy bucks they want by farming by QDMA standards. QDM is farming for the trophy bucks people want. We know it, We get it!

As far as our industry, Most every person in our industry was and still is a hunter and sportsman of all wild deer.. I own almost 1000 acres of wild whitetail land. Can you say that?  Didn't think so!   

You see we support the future and we will be on the forefront of the future.  The extra 5 and 6 extra digits we make a year is just icing on the cake$  You see other people will see what the 6 new farms that just started up are doing/making in their new business and then those people will do the same. You play your game and we will play ours and when the smoke clears we will see who is on top.

Yours will self destruct. Its already started in so many places. It will continue!                  

Let me ask you, Where do you think people will be hunting after CWD runs its way all across the country. Do you think they will be hunting CWD positive deer?

Are you capable of discussing anything without throwing insults out there?

Again, What have you or your industry done for WILD DEER or HUNTERS?

Guys that shoot pen raised deer behind fences do not count as hunters.

Truth be know, with the thousands we make from our business we probably do more on our lands we own then most qdma members.   King of Like yourself. You own no land to speak of so you do what?   You hunt on a farm that you ask to hunt that already practice's farm ag.

I see you like to duck a few questions. Do you really think hunting land is going to grow in our or any area and open up more places for people?  Good luck with that. 

Ya know truth be know we have more high fence hunters in Ny state then you have qdma members. 

Are you capable of discussing anything without throwing insults out there?

Again, What have you or your industry done for WILD DEER or HUNTERS?

Guys that shoot pen raised deer behind fences do not count as hunters.

you know you should've stopped this a long time ago and he's only saying things to get a rise out of you.

second question is rhetorical.  deer on a farm and deer in the wild are different.  for the purpose of the farm you've got no reason to do anything for wild deer.  if you're a hunter with deep pockets, that wants a guaranteed class buck on the ground and doesn't mind an experience different from that in the wild, he's got an opportunity for you.  there are many out there but for most it isn't the choice they seek.  we both no this.

If my way of life were threatened too, I'd act just like FSW.

Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

I just wish FSW and everyone would lay off the off-color comments and ad hominum attacks in this thread so we can get back to the topic.

you know you should've stopped this a long time ago and he's only saying things to get a rise out of you.

second question is rhetorical.  deer on a farm and deer in the wild are different.  for the purpose of the farm you've got no reason to do anything for wild deer.  if you're a hunter with deep pockets, that wants a guaranteed class buck on the ground and doesn't mind an experience different from that in the wild, he's got an opportunity for you.  there are many out there but for most it isn't the choice they seek.  we both no this.

I didnt originally ask the question, just trying to see if he will answer it. I know he wont, but Im having fun ribbing with him. I am 100% serious when I said I dont consider it to be hunting to shoot a farm (read hand) raised deer in a pen. My opinion.

Truth be know, with the thousands we make from our business we probably do more on our lands we own then most qdma members.   King of Like yourself. You own no land to speak of so you do what?   You hunt on a farm that you ask to hunt that already practice's farm ag.

I see you like to duck a few questions. Do you really think hunting land is going to grow in our or any area and open up more places for people?  Good luck with that. 

Ya know truth be know we have more high fence hunters in Ny state then you have qdma members. 

I do PLENTY for the land I have access to, as well as for my fellow hunters and the future of the sport through my volunteerism with the QDMA. Maybe you should take a peek at the educational events, youth and wounded vet programs, scholarships, etc that our branch does. Yep, Ive been involved in all of it.  Can you say the same, or has everything youve done been self serving, or with the purpose of lining your pockets?

King of like myself? Of course I like myself, there would be some serious issues if I didnt. Nice try though.

Im not ducking anything, Im waiting for you to answer some of what youve been asked before I bother with your questions.

you know it's not fair comparing the two.  most deer farmers own land and probably not most of the QDMA members own property, so by default they are allowed to do more.

money talks.... it's much more likely for me to be a QDMA member than to be a high fence hunter just based on the difference in cost of a membership versus the thousands for a hunt each year.  just saying the logic isn't all there.

Edited by dbHunterNY

I do PLENTY for the land I have access to, as well as for my fellow hunters and the future of the sport through my volunteerism with the QDMA. Maybe you should take a peek at the educational events, youth and wounded vet programs, scholarships, etc that our branch does. Yep, Ive been involved in all of it.  Can you say the same, or has everything youve done been self serving, or with the purpose of lining your pockets?

King of like myself? Of course I like myself, there would be some serious issues if I didnt. Nice try though.

Im not ducking anything, Im waiting for you to answer some of what youve been asked before I bother with your questions.

Yeah whatever, you dont have an answer and you and every other person that are reading these words knows its true. Hunting the way it used to be is on the decline and will continue. Your happy thought in your mind with QDMA that thinks you are doing your little part to fix something is sweet, but will be for nil.

Hunting land is ate up by the rich( Your piece may be next) and state land will and is ran into the ground. 10 years from now this site any many others will be a thing of the past. Hunting land will be gone. Heck there are guys on here that have to lease.

I have my 2 pieces of heaven to make sure my hunting wont end like that and i also am on the top of a industry that makes and pumps millions into the places it surrounds. 

You say you have plenty of land to USE. 1 phone call could turn your hunting world upside down. Dont ever forget that.!!!!

If my way of life were threatened too, I'd act just like FSW.

Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.

I just wish FSW and everyone would lay off the off-color comments and ad hominum attacks in this thread so we can get back to the topic.

You have your wish but i hope you dont think for a second that my life or my hobby that pays more than most people make in their real job is threatened at all.  Fact is. Its growing as we speak!

You have your wish but i hope you dont think for a second that my life or my hobby that pays more than most people make in their real job is threatened at all.  Fact is. Its growing as we speak!

Ignorance is bliss sometimes. It goes both directions. You can cater to your crowd and hunters can cater to their crowd. Problem solved.