Legal AR's

Hell, I don't have any idea what on those things is functional and necessary. I don't even care. My point is that I don't base the safety of a weapon on appearance anymore than when some gal shows up with a pink rifle. That is not a criteria for judging the fitness of a gun and I reject any argument that uses appearance in that way.

As far as the DEC and what they want and need for money, keep in mind that they have absolutely no influence on the anti gun crowd or the politicians who really don't care what they ban as long as its a gun. Anyone who takes comfort in hunting as a reason why any gun won't be banned, needs a dose of reality. Those who wish to ban guns have absolutely no concern what the use of the gun is. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it turned out that most anti gun folks are also anti hunters as well. Don't ever feel real comfy because you think there is something sacred about hunting firearms.

The politicians and law makers know that hunting to a point has to be in our world. The anti's yes, they would rather have animals walking down the street i guess. Normal hunting guns will not be on the radar of those that really could ban them i believe.

To many, Sportsmen included..The design of some of these guns are not looked at in the best light. 

The writing for the future of our sport is on the wall i believe and just as some hunting groups and clubs will go as far as bad mouthing and knocking other sportsmen way of doing things just because its different than theirs.

Well those ones they bad mouth may have a huge part in the future of those that do the bad mouthing. The future needs all sportsmen on the same page but no we have sportsmen fighting with each other and that will be the demise of not just some guns but hunting as a whole.

Do you think such guns look "scary" If you saw someone, at the range with an AR, would you become  frightened and go home??

Some people think these rifles look scary because anti's and other special interest groups have told them so. Banning guns based on how some one thinks they look is insane. Rolling over and letting those who write the definition of a "scary gun" have their way, in hopes that they will not define our hunting rifles as "scary", is just as insane.

I actually do go home when a guy shows up at the range and sets up next to me with an AR and 10 magazines that he empties as fast as he can reload .........I find it extremely annoying.

• Like 1

I actually do go home when a guy shows up at the range and sets up next to me with an AR and 10 magazines that he empties as fast as he can reload .........I find it extremely annoying.

At my club they send the guy home who clearly isnt aiming his shots and just pulls the trigger to make noise.

• Like 1

If the guy is being an A-hole, then I agree. Give him a set of brains or move. Im talking about the mere sight of a guy showing up at the range with an AR style rifle. I seriously doubt that anyone on this sight would run away in fear of the "scary looking rifle". Bad range etiquette is a different story entirely.

If the guy is being an A-hole, then I agree. Give him a set of brains or move. Im talking about the mere sight of a guy showing up at the range with an AR style rifle. I seriously doubt that anyone on this sight would run away in fear of the "scary looking rifle". Bad range etiquette is a different story entirely.

Maybe in that case yes but for some sportsmen and for all anti's there is no need for a weapon used for hunting to look like something out of a mass murder video game.  Kinda designed their own problem!

Yeah this kind of reply would be expected from you.  The country was made with the look of the top guns and the bottom gun is in action today without a ban. Camo does not just mean military.  They keep making those guns that scream killing machines and rip off more bullets than would ever be needed and they will continue to put guns in a bad light and be banned.

Keep up the good work. While some sit back and laugh.

Pretty much what I expected from you as well. Do you have any clue what any of those rifles are? Keep running your mouth and showing what little you know. You are one of the guys that has gotten us into the current situation we are with gun laws. Just because you dont like the way something looks, or you arent into it, you dont care, and back the antis in their quest which will eventually take your hunting rifles as well if we let them get their way.

BTW, most of the "scary looking rifles" look the way they do because of how they function. Maybe if you took the time to learn anything about they way they work, youd understand why they look the way they do. I dont expect you to do anything like that though, it would make sense.

If a manufacturer is producing firearms for the military, They may push the look of the AR's.  Some of the externals are probably shared with the civilian models.  Economies of scale.  Less different parts to produce = more profits.

Home defense weapons tend to have the military look.  They are designed to allow a greater range of body types and strengths to shoulder the gun.  A gun that is designed to fit a 6' 3" 230 lbs guy will not comfortably fit his petite 5'6" wife/girlfriend.  So it is a buy 2 or one that its adjustable on the fly in an emergency.  If money is tight, which would buy, 2 or one that has an adjustable stock?

You also need to remember that in past wars, you could bring home a souvenir gun and sword captured from the enemy.  Lots of people have these old German, Russian, and Japanese military rifles that grand-dad or great grand-dad brought home from the war.  Younger persons may want that military look, but with a modern gun and caliber.

I am not into these AR types, but they have a rail/multi-rail system to make is easy to swap out scopes, lights, etc. that other groups have interests in.

I prefer the look of a nice wood stock, not the synthetics.  But that is my choice.

A look is a look.  Just because a kit car can look like a Ferrari or an SC Cobra, doesn't make it as fast as the real thing.

• Like 2

Pretty much what I expected from you as well. Do you have any clue what any of those rifles are? Keep running your mouth and showing what little you know. You are one of the guys that has gotten us into the current situation we are with gun laws. Just because you dont like the way something looks, or you arent into it, you dont care, and back the antis in their quest which will eventually take your hunting rifles as well if we let them get their way.

BTW, most of the "scary looking rifles" look the way they do because of how they function. Maybe if you took the time to learn anything about they way they work, youd understand why they look the way they do. I dont expect you to do anything like that though, it would make sense.

Yeah ok..You keep believing the looks have nothing to do with it and i will keep watching them yank them out of your hand.  I love it that others are up in arms over your rights being stepped on. Some have been stepped on for years.   Enjoy your turn.

Funny i have seen no banning of normal looking hunting equipment.  Be easy on your words about...If it does not fit your look or you are not into it!  You and many others have had the ignorance to take that stance for years.  I think its funny that you now get your turn.

I will take my chances with my future of hunting. I think i am in pretty good shape either way thanks!

Yeah ok..You keep believing the looks have nothing to do with it and i will keep watching them yank them out of your hand. I love it that others are up in arms over your rights being stepped on. Some have been stepped on for years. Enjoy your turn.

Funny i have seen no banning of normal looking hunting equipment. Be easy on your words about...If it does not fit your look or you are not into it! You and many others have had the ignorance to take that stance for years. I think its funny that you now get your turn.

I will take my chances with my future of hunting. I think i am in pretty good shape either way thanks!

Blah blah blah....keep sticking your head in the sand. You better hope there are enough people fighting for your rights for you seeing as you do nothing. No banning of normal looking hunting weapons you say? How about semi auto shotguns with thumbhole stocks? How about some versions of Ruger 10-22s, etc.

Please, trampled your rights...you cant help but try to turn every thread into a deer farm discussion can you?

• Like 1

I believe the backing of many sportsmen of other sportsmen ended years ago when the line was drawn in the sand. Those on one side of the line has fought their fight and are still standing. We will see if the other side has such good fortune!

Yep and when we all lose our rights, fools like you will be to blame.

I don't understand what anybody's problem is with a .ar15

the gun itself is harmless...it's the person behind the trigger

That matters and there decisions that they make... saying a Ar

Looks scarey is stupid...society today is becoming brainwashed

And our kids are suffering from it... it's all about control. remember when you wer a

Kid and you could play cowboys and Indians at school at recess

Well guess what not in today's world either. Gotta be careful how they hold their pencils and what shirts they wear..and god for bid they make a hand gesture in a shape of a gun everything is so Pc today....sorry for ranting

Edited by FUAC
  • Like 1

Blah blah blah....keep sticking your head in the sand. You better hope there are enough people fighting for your rights for you seeing as you do nothing. No banning of normal looking hunting weapons you say? How about semi auto shotguns with thumbhole stocks? How about some versions of Ruger 10-22s, etc.

Please, trampled your rights...you cant help but try to turn every thread into a deer farm discussion can you?

Sometimes the facts are a hard thin to swallow huh? You want to think farming you go right ahead.  While you are doing that. others that dont feel the same as you..Oh God Forbid. will sit back and watch history repeat itself. Just think, if all sportsmen would have stuck together instead of drawing that line, things may be a tad bit different. huh?  Enjoy your experience.

Oh and i have my weapons at my disposal, i still plink with the kids with our 22's and i still just had a blast shooting/hunting the million of Snow Geese on my farm last week with our shotgun's.. Hmmm?

Oh and i have my weapons at my disposal, i still plink with the kids with our 22's and i still just had a blast shooting/hunting the million of Snow Geese on my farm last week with our shotgun's.. Hmmm?

That kind of sums it all up doesn't it? As long as you've got yours, the hell with anyone else. Well, I would suggest that you look at the prime thrust of the so-called safe act and other gun laws past, present and proposed, and understand the fact that their attacks on the AR style rifles was really only part of it. The rest of it was intended to make the use of any weapon or ammunition in private hands more expensive and more difficult to obtain. If you think for one minute that the constant march of gun and ammunition laws are only aimed at the specific guns that terrify you so much, you are one very deluded individual. Gun control advocates have but one goal which is the complete elimination of all guns in the hands of private citizens. They are very focused on that goal and making annual progress each year and are beginning to get support from those who believe that none of that could ever possibly happen to them and their guns.

• Like 1

That kind of sums it all up doesn't it? As long as you've got yours, the hell with anyone else. Well, I would suggest that you look at the prime thrust of the so-called safe act and other gun laws past, present and proposed, and understand the fact that their attacks on the AR style rifles was really only part of it. The rest of it was intended to make the use of any weapon or ammunition in private hands more expensive and more difficult to obtain. If you think for one minute that the constant march of gun and ammunition laws are only aimed at the specific guns that terrify you so much, you are one very deluded individual. Gun control advocates have but one goal which is the complete elimination of all guns in the hands of private citizens. They are very focused on that goal and making annual progress each year and are beginning to get support from those who believe that none of that could ever possibly happen to them and their guns.

So do you think we will be left with the new XBow to do animal control or do you think hunting will be gone as we know it and sharpshooters will do the control?  Anti.s have wanted all guns gone forever.  They are still here. Now you have a little stronger group that see no need for some guns but they also know the needs of animal conservation.

If you think for a second that they are going to let all that cash from hunters slip through their hands? Well maybe im not the deluded one as you call it. Sucks to have that feeling though. does it not?  This is not the first time for some.

So do you think we will be left with the new XBow to do animal control or do you think hunting will be gone as we know it and sharpshooters will do the control?  Anti.s have wanted all guns gone forever.  They are still here. Now you have a little stronger group that see no need for some guns but they also know the needs of animal conservation.

If you think for a second that they are going to let all that cash from hunters slip through their hands? Well maybe im not the deluded one as you call it. Sucks to have that feeling though. does it not?  This is not the first time for some.

Who knows what the future will bring. If you mistakenly think that the anti-gun people think that far ahead you are sadly mistaken. They are now focused like a laser on elimination of private ownership of all firearms. They really are not taking the time to worry about unintended consequences. My gosh, are you really looking for anything that they do to actually make sense or follow any form of logic? It's an emotional issue that doesn't require any logic or future planning. Have you ever talked to any of these people? They do not recognize the firearm as playing a legitimate role in conservation. The anti-gun and the anti-hunter people are joined at the hip in terms of what they want. They also have the resources to keep pecking away and convincing politicians that they have the votes to make it worthwhile to champion their causes. Gun-owners on the other hand couldn't organize a picnic without having it break down in arguments.

As far as the hunter's cash, I can tell you that they understand that obtaining funds is no real problem for a proper liberal. It's as easy as simply demanding it from taxpayers. The only government agency that worries about the hunter's money is the DEC, and they have absolutely nothing to say about gun laws one way or the other.

Who knows what the future will bring. If you mistakenly think that the anti-gun people think that far ahead you are sadly mistaken. They are now focused like a laser on elimination of private ownership of all firearms. They really are not taking the time to worry about unintended consequences. My gosh, are you really looking for anything that they do to actually make sense or follow any form of logic? It's an emotional issue that doesn't require any logic or future planning. Have you ever talked to any of these people? They do not recognize the firearm as playing a legitimate role in conservation. The anti-gun and the anti-hunter people are joined at the hip in terms of what they want. They also have the resources to keep pecking away and convincing politicians that they have the votes to make it worthwhile to champion their causes. Gun-owners on the other hand couldn't organize a picnic without having it break down in arguments.

As far as the hunter's cash, I can tell you that they understand that obtaining funds is no real problem for a proper liberal. It's as easy as simply demanding it from taxpayers. The only government agency that worries about the hunter's money is the DEC, and they have absolutely nothing to say about gun laws one way or the other.

Man do you really think all this is anti driven?   Yes the anti's want them all gone and always have and will.  This is now in the hands of the money people. Politics! They/We/Us see no use or need for some of the weapons that have been put on the market and they will do away with them. And just them!  

The anti's didnt win before and they wont win now but the guys in the chairs do agree with them on this one and thats why it will be.  They know how the DEC is funded and they also know about wildlife problems. Hunting guns and hunting of some kind will always be here.

Even if the hunter numbers keep dropping there will always be the money driven trophy hunters. Money has and always will rule the day.   I dont see it changing anytime soon.

Man do you really think all this is anti driven?   Yes the anti's want them all gone and always have and will.  This is now in the hands of the money people. Politics! They/We/Us see no use or need for some of the weapons that have been put on the market and they will do away with them. And just them!  

The anti's didnt win before and they wont win now but the guys in the chairs do agree with them on this one and thats why it will be.  They know how the DEC is funded and they also know about wildlife problems. Hunting guns and hunting of some kind will always be here.

Even if the hunter numbers keep dropping there will always be the money driven trophy hunters. Money has and always will rule the day.   I dont see it changing anytime soon.

The point you are missing is that the "guys in the chairs" are the antis. That is something that maybe we could change if guys like you weren't so eager to side with them. Those "guys in the chairs" are only interested in one thing and that is votes. And if we show them a disorganized voting block with gun hunters picking and choosing which guns they are willing to sacrifice, while the antis show them total dedication, and resolve, guess who they listen to and cater to. We can't seem to get past this idea of protecting only those guns that we have in our closet. We never will stop this anti-gun activity as long as we are only interested in looking out for number one all the time. Some guys just can't understand that, or don't want the inconvenience of understanding that.

When I went to Albany lat week, before the rally, they was a message from a group asking for more restrictions from NY state.  They used the my son was shot crowd to push their message.  Of course we all know these would not be prevented with the new laws anymore than Sandy Hook was.  I was not impressed with their number approximately 25 to 30.  However a couple things that did catch my attention were  They were surrounded by legislators supporting them.  These legislators are still in power and if they remain so after November, this will get worse.  Do you think those people were pro gun?  I don't.  Also, there were 5 people across from them holding repeal the safe act signs. They were escorted out by the police there and they were standing there holding signs.  The media covered them to the maximum in the Albany area.  The morning of the rally on the news all they said about the rally was that streets would be closed.  (How do you think the commuters into town for work felt about that.)  And  that there would be a press conference from a group supporting the Safe act. After they got video on the news.  We got a mention that said there were a few hundred to a thousand attending the rally.( Albany police conservatively said 6 thousand)   If you think they don't want your hunting guns and all others, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is such an uphill battle against a lot more people and organizations they we all think are even out there.  

When I went to Albany lat week, before the rally, they was a message from a group asking for more restrictions from NY state.  They used the my son was shot crowd to push their message.  Of course we all know these would not be prevented with the new laws anymore than Sandy Hook was.  I was not impressed with their number approximately 25 to 30.  However a couple things that did catch my attention were  They were surrounded by legislators supporting them.  These legislators are still in power and if they remain so after November, this will get worse.  Do you think those people were pro gun?  I don't.  Also, there were 5 people across from them holding repeal the safe act signs. They were escorted out by the police there and they were standing there holding signs.  The media covered them to the maximum in the Albany area.  The morning of the rally on the news all they said about the rally was that streets would be closed.  (How do you think the commuters into town for work felt about that.)  And  that there would be a press conference from a group supporting the Safe act. After they got video on the news.  We got a mention that said there were a few hundred to a thousand attending the rally.( Albany police conservatively said 6 thousand)   If you think they don't want your hunting guns and all others, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is such an uphill battle against a lot more people and organizations they we all think are even out there.  

There's no doubt a politician gets the sympathy vote, and actively seeks it out, when he stands next to the family who lost someone to gun violence..........given the chance to choose between getting that out into the media or standing with a guy holding a gun, the choice is painfully obvious. Make no mistake, the politicians and media will pick and chose who they're gonna have themselves seen with and or interview..........I hate to say it, but sometimes the best publicity is no publicity, especially at the rallies set up by the pro gun people if it's only going to get good publicity for the other side.

The point you are missing is that the "guys in the chairs" are the antis. That is something that maybe we could change if guys like you weren't so eager to side with them. Those "guys in the chairs" are only interested in one thing and that is votes. And if we show them a disorganized voting block with gun hunters picking and choosing which guns they are willing to sacrifice, while the antis show them total dedication, and resolve, guess who they listen to and cater to. We can't seem to get past this idea of protecting only those guns that we have in our closet. We never will stop this anti-gun activity as long as we are only interested in looking out for number one all the time. Some guys just can't understand that, or don't want the inconvenience of understanding that.

Yeah i guess i know what its like to have sportsmen fight against their own.

So let me just ask this.  You and Bubba think they want all guns.  Lets for a second say thats true.  What do you think they would do about animal control or hunting?

believe me it is many more than Doc and I. Another myth that goes with this entire law is that people think it was written in an hour to pass.  This law was written by some of Bloomberg's cronies and they were just waiting for the right tragedy to roll it out.  This has been a plan for a long time. Look at pending legislature in NY now. It adds more and more restrictions.  Just saying that it is all there in black and white.  Most just refuse to see it.  When they come for the ol 30-30, do not be surprised.  What about animal control and hunting?  Well Peta has their finger in this also. Anti gun are also anti hunting. I am not saying this has been well thought out.  I am just saying this is the plan.  They will hire killers to keep the populations in control.  

believe me it is many more than Doc and I. Another myth that goes with this entire law is that people think it was written in an hour to pass.  This law was written by some of Bloomberg's cronies and they were just waiting for the right tragedy to roll it out.  This has been a plan for a long time. Look at pending legislature in NY now. It adds more and more restrictions.  Just saying that it is all there in black and white.  Most just refuse to see it.  When they come for the ol 30-30, do not be surprised.  What about animal control and hunting?  Well Peta has their finger in this also. Anti gun are also anti hunting. I am not saying this has been well thought out.  I am just saying this is the plan.  They will hire killers to keep the populations in control.  

you really think that they will throw millions of dollars away by selling no tags yet spend an ungodly amount of money to control just the whitetail population. Not even talking all other animals!

Yes I do and here is why.  This is not a Cuomo agenda.  This is a federal agenda and Cuomo is the puppet for Bloomberg and Obama.  They are not looking at the big picture.  They are looking at the focus on the agenda.  Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever.  Look at the federal agenda.  If the house of reps goes to the left in November, look out.  The federal laws they will enact will make the safe act look like it is good.  They will not lose money, they will enact an animal control tax.  When they have control of the guns, we will have no way to stop this. The writing is on the wall. 

• Like 1