If you had to choose which state

CuseHunter

NH where I moved from NY in 1987

Great place to live southern NH is becoming Northern Mass but up here in the country it is great.

where I am if a house goes on the market & someone is looking at it that day becomes range time day we shoot all day long to let them know what they are in for before they buy.

Hard hunting up here though small deer population & mostly thick cover.

If Politics were different I probably would move back to NY to the Lakes region can't beat that country setting

We'd be looking within 20-30 minutes of Concord.  Company I work for has a facility there and if a position opened up I could bid on it and transfer.  With 15 years with a company I like already, it'd be nice to be able to stay with them, but in a different State.

I like New York state, but hate the State (.gov) of NY.

• Like 1

Upstate NY wouldn't need down state tax $'s if NY state as a whole had competitive tax rates (individual / corporate) and was allowed to use it's natural resources (nat gas). but the state will never split and our tax rates will not change for the better. Gas drilling might happen.

Vote with your feet. stay if you like the way it is. leave if yo don't. I'll be gone within 3 years. need the real estate market to improve,, so i can dump my rental properties

Edited by mmkay

Upstate NY wouldn't need down state tax $'s if NY state as a whole had competitive tax rates (individual / corporate) and was allowed to use it's natural resources (nat gas). but the state will never split and our tax rates will not change for the better. Gas drilling might happen.

Vote with your feet. stay if you like the way it is. leave if yo don't. I'll be gone within 3 years. need the real estate market to improve,, so i can dump my rental properties

I'll be here my whole life, I'm just gonna bitch like every else because it seems like the right thing to do.

Upstate needs to be able to get the best pizza in the world still though. I heard eating NYC pizza is like talking to God.

I'm a firm believer that the quality of pizza coincides with the quality of water.  Florida water taste like crap, as does their pizza.

• Like 2

Texas was nice but too hot and they don't have good beer.

I simply fell in love with southern cooking/cajun in Alabama.  But Hurricanes scare me to death.

Ohio is too flat for me.

I really enjoyed western North Carolina's countryside.

I would looooove to live in Green Bay Wisconsin that would be my first choice.  That or Northern Missouri.

But in the end I will probably live where my kids move to.

Texas was nice but too hot and they don't have good beer.

I simply fell in love with southern cooking/cajun in Alabama.  But Hurricanes scare me to death.

Ohio is too flat for me.

I really enjoyed western North Carolina's countryside.

I would looooove to live in Green Bay Wisconsin that would be my first choice.  That or Northern Missouri.

But in the end I will probably live where my kids move to.

You haven't been to southern Ohio much. Talk about mountains to hump.

Ask Potter about the sheer cliff he scaled to kill his buck this year, lol.

When I find another park with 6 million acres of land I will think about another state.  A cabin in the middle of this land is what I consider pure bliss.  LI offers some nice urban hunting and some public land close to home.  Catskills, Roscoe, Long Eddie, Prattsville, Westchester, Port Jervis, Deposit, Hunter, Cooperstown, ADK, Western NY farm county(To many towns to list), the multitude of state parks all over the state.  I guess I love NYS!

Sure I could go to another state but home is where the heart lies and mine belongs to the ADK deep woods.

PS:  I am bias as I have only hunted NYS and have only explored Pennsylvania and Maine. 

• Like 1

If money were no object, I would opt for at least two places. I would have a home in Alaska for a few of the warmer months there, and then have an array o southern places to go in the winter months. Of course, money is a consideration ..... lol.

We'd be looking within 20-30 minutes of Concord.  Company I work for has a facility there and if a position opened up I could bid on it and transfer.  With 15 years with a company I like already, it'd be nice to be able to stay with them, but in a different State.

I like New York state, but hate the State (.gov) of NY.

yeah I am about 30 min North of Concord

Love NH just wish the hunting was better & I agree with your feelings of NY

heck we can own any firearm here short of a rocket launcher & bombs

looking into a silincer for a couple of my guns do get a complaint now & then if I shoot to much

NFA-ADK

as far as I am concerend NY is one of the best hunting states in the north east

I think NY shoots more deer in one county that NH has in the whole state for population

one thing about hunting we like here is if land is not posted you can hunt it (recommend asking permission 1st)

Edited by gfdeputy2
  • Like 1