safe act interviews

I like the first guy typical response you try to ask him a question he says you are arguing with him.  Then the other guy who waited for his wife to tell them his opinion. scary for sure.

I like the first guy typical response you try to ask him a question he says you are arguing with him.  Then the other guy who waited for his wife to tell them his opinion. scary for sure.

Bubba ---- I think they are members on this site .......... B)

• Like 1

It's unbelievable how many people would give up the 2nd Amendment or some portion of it. He pointed out the biggest flaw in the NY Safe Act. That criminals don't follow laws. 

The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution was written for checks and balances purposes and to prevent tyranny.

Edited by wmig2

The legislation was passed under a cloak of darkness and secrecy without any effort to either inform or educate the public, let alone ask for participation in the legislative process. The Wizard of Oz himself could not have done it any better. Not surprising at all that people don't know anything beyond what the mainstream media tells them.

I have to disagree MrVJP. People will understand when they're given all the information.

Informing the public is not in the best interest of the current political regime, in NYS or at the federal level. Getting the information to the public has become an exceedingly difficult task because of this, but it's one that many of us choose to tackle. In many ways, it's a rewarding task in and of itself, watching the lightbulb go on in someone's head when they suddenly 'get it'.

• Like 1

It occurs to me that we as avid gun owners, hunters, etc. do have a sort of tunnel vision. We see guns as tools of our lives and activities, and most of us have been involved with guns in one fashion or another for most of our lives. Therefore, we are very passionate about the 2nd Amendment. But we have to realize that the only thoughts that most people have about guns are the constant negative bombardment of news articles. There are all kinds of things that people are super-passionate about that don't even register on my "list of issues". So, if you do a "man in the street" interview, I am not really surprised that a lot of people are totally confused about the issue. That doesn't mean that they are idiots or anything else. No one is completely educated about every issue even though some pretend to be. I am not too certain that we will have success trying to incite people about the safe act that don't even have a gun or any interest in guns. We will be doing good if we can just get our own people to the polls. I think we would all be surprised at how many avid shooters, hunters, and gun enthusiasts are not even registered to vote. That's a situation we can do something about, and should be busily working on right now.

• Like 1

I bet the number of people who are casual gun owners is probably staggering.........These are the people who probably go skeet shooting once a year, hunting to them is buying their license the day before deer season and going out one or two times, those who own a gun they inherited and probably never use, I can think of a dozen people I know who have a gun in a case tucked away in some closet in their house and haven't touched it in years.......... I'm sure they're not idiots by any stretch of the imagination, but their lives don't revolve around gun ownership and hunting and shooting forums. One would think that with the money the NRA spends on solicitations every year, that they could send out a mass mailing to residents of NYS informing them of the SAFE ACT and what it means to everyone.

• Like 1

Well I for one plan to spend my spare time from now until November educating anyone who will listen, handing out voter registration forms as well as absentee ballots.  I will also help people fill them out turn them in and assist this with absentees and spend election day making calls and taking people to vote.  At least if I am unsuccessful, I can say I did all I could, and not sit back and say well people are idiots why bother.  The idea is 5 and 1.  If every one of us can get 5 people to the polls and vote pro gun we win.  Everyone knows 5 people they could work on.  But first you need to be involved yourself.  It is not just Ny state here.  If the supposed pro gun people lose control of the house of representatives, and I know I have said it before there will be federal laws that will make the unsafe act look like we would want it. Then we can all get out states to succeed from the union I guess.  

• Like 2

I shouldn't be surprised at some of the answers, but the guy who thinks that people shouldn't have guns  kills me. The fact that criminals will always have guns, and other weapons that they will use to victimize innocent people, is totally lost on him. People like him truly live in a fantasy land.

I commend your actions Bubba but your up against decades of Statist dumbing down via the 'education' system and decades of social engineering and softening up via the mainstream propaganda machine.

I've been politically involved in other countries. I have worn out shoe leather, door to door, on fundamentally important political issues  and I have experienced, first hand, the public distaste and disdain for facts and uncomfortable home truths. I already know what you are going to experience. I have seen people vote their country down the tubes rather than face facts.

You might get your 5 votes, and the 10 or 11 other people on here who take your advice, may also get 5 votes each. A drop in the pond of ignorance and indifference however that is modern America.People wear their nihilism like a badge of honor these days.

Yes and it will happen again. As you saw the lawyer and last lady say... They is against some guns but not all guns. They will vote for Andy and gun control based on one or two guns. Not because of all guns. They are also willing to give up much of their rights to do so.

Realistically, you can work to throw the anti's out of office now, but once the chosen ones get in, like any other elected hack, their main pursuit will be to get re-elected.  So they won't pass any further firearm infringements, but due to the nature of the political machine, they will do nothing to repeal the Safe Act.  Other states have proven this to be a fact after the anti-gun politicians were turned out in record numbers.

The public, with it's ignorance of the law and firearms in general, will vilify anyone who wants to allow "assault weapons" back in the hands of regular people.  The anti's and the main stream media will find it all too easy to demonize any elected hack who even suggests repealing the Safe Act.  So it will never be repealed.

The fact is, things have gone too far already, and because we were too near sighted to see what was happening, we lost the war at the state level already.

Call me whatever you like, but this is the reality of the situation we are now in.  The only hope now is to protect the 2nd Amendment at the federal level by making sure the Congress and President don't try to do what many states have done. 

Once a state has turned, it's gone.  If the entire country's gun rights are violated by the Federal Government, many citizens are going to see that as the straw that broke the camel's back, and the sheit is gonna hit the fan.  That's when gun owners will have to stand up or roll over.  The Government is betting we'll all just roll over.  I hope, for the sake of future generations of Americans, they're wrong.

Edited by Mr VJP

the sad fact is, is that more people could care less about gun ownership to give it more than a few seconds thought, and it never even crosses their mind that it may be an attack on our Constitution........the guys who really care are in the minority

The anti-gun movement in this country is like a freight train gathering speed and momentum with every passing day.

It won't be stopped, and it sure as hell won't be turned around. The best we can hope for is to reduce it's momentum by slowing it down along every inch of the track.

The train is passing through NY right now, and anyone who doesn't at least try to do their small part to slow it down, who would rather wait for it to get a full head of steam before stepping into it's path, either has a 'death wish', figuratively speaking, or doesn't have a firm grasp of what's actually happening.

At any rate it doesn't hurt to try. But it sure doesn't help to stand idly by.

Wow- this video shows some sad reality. The one woman had some basis and fact (despite being pro SAFEACT) where as what was showed of the others it didnt seem like they knew much of anything. Just idiots pulling levers..... 

Wow- this video shows some sad reality. The one woman had some basis and fact (despite being pro SAFEACT) where as what was showed of the others it didnt seem like they knew much of anything. Just idiots pulling levers..... 

They said what guns they didnt like and not one was a hunting weapon that i heard anyways. Most are against the ones that go bang,bang,bang,bang over and over again like 10,12,15 times in a row but have no problems with the ones that go bang,bang a couple times. Even though either one will kill ya with just one bang!

the sad fact is, is that more people could care less about gun ownership to give it more than a few seconds thought, and it never even crosses their mind that it may be an attack on our Constitution........the guys who really care are in the minority

That was the essence of my post earlier. Because we are focused on guns here in this forum, we begin to believe that gun rights are some kind of flashpoint that will spark revolt or mass outrage across the entire population when gun rights are attacked. But the reality is that we are tolerated or at best, ignored by the bulk of the people. Our only hope is that we represent a unified, and dedicated, impassioned minority that can vote as a unit where the rest are fractured by indifference and concerns relating to other scattered issues. Really as just a little dash of reality, we have to understand our position and the only realistic option that we have available to us.