Death threats

Grizz1219

Got two of them over the weekend... Yes.. they were serious threats... Had to call the cops...  I'm thinking they were loons from CNN facebook.... I commented a few times on there... Spoke what I believed..... They didn't like my Zebra pic of the one I killed... Think they found out where I lived and did a 411, sadly, they got my mothers phone #, I don't have a land line... called twice yesterday saying that if I didn't stop hunting they would kill me... Went off on a rant of swears that my mother didn't need to hear... only one blocked their number though... So I have the cu_t's number that called... WTF is wrong with the liberal lefty anti hunters???

As of right now, the phone company has a trap on the line, I've made the number unlisted and changed my privacy settings on FB so only my friends can see my info... Unreal...

• Like 1

that's why I avoid putting any of my personal life out on a social media website........

+100.  There are ramification to posting stuff on the internet.  Doing it anonymously is one thing, but if you attach your name and residence to what you post, it can come back to haunt you in ways you never dreamed of.

You are describing what sounds like a felony known as "terroristic threats". Since the police wont do anything, get a private lawyer. In addition to being a serious crime, there also is a "cause of action" for a civil law suit.

I caution this might be illegal but what I personally would do is record any future calls and post them on you tube along with the callers personal info.... That's what I would do, not what I am telling you to do, lol...

"Stop hunting wild animals or we will kill YOU"????????!!!!  Thats what happens to these hemp wearing little turds when their brains don't get enough animal protein.

I hope you're able to take at least some action against the turds. Good luck & keep safe.

What a sick world we live in. There is no sane reason for this and I hope you are not in any real danger.

How can people like this fail to see the tragic irony in their position. How can their distaste for someone killing an animal translate into a justification for killing a human?

While others have mentioned changing privacy settings on place like "Facebook" that will not do very much to address the problem (not for the OP specifically - I mean in general terms). There is too much personal information too readily available online. Especially for someone who is willing to invest a little bit of time and effort.

Take the OP for example. I have no idea who he is on FB. However, the post directly above mine shows a picture (presumably of him), a location of Western MA and a total of 521 posts. It is a safe bet I could look through those posts and get enough information to narrow things down further.

Everything we do online leaves a digital trail for the whole world to see. You don't have to list your full name and address. Most of us give away plenty through "casual" conversation.

Edited by jrm

Radicals and extremists are dangerous, no matter what their cause or political affiliation.  But, careful assuming that they must be 'libs'.  These threats and tactics are not a whole lot different from the ones used by the radical pro-lifers- and that's not exactly a 'lib' group.

Do these people really think they scare anyone by pretending to be insane?

Have they not visited our guns and political section to see just what kind of real life crazies we have on our side too,lmao

Wooly brings up a great point.  Hell, some of you are Mr. Tough guys and want to even take on the government. Many of you have a side-arm strapped on, even when you are sitting on the can, yet you're afraid of some liberal vegan space cadets who are sending you death threats via emails while they are petting their pussycats??  That's quite funny actually! LOL

• Like 1

Wooly brings up a great point.  Hell, some of you are Mr. Tough guys and want to even take on the government. Many of you have a side-arm strapped on, even when you are sitting on the can, yet you're afraid of some liberal vegan space cadets who are sending you death threats via emails while they are petting their pussycats??  That's quite funny actually! LOL

I don't know about anyone else, but I  never said I was "afraid" of these little bird seed munching clowns. Who did?? I think the whole point was,, is it right for the little turds to make death threats to hunters? What do you think?? Is it OK??

PS…I take my side-arm off and set it on the sink, when I sit on "the can"…unless its in a shoulder rig. It makes me feel like a real "Tough guy"…..LOL!

I don't know about anyone else, but I  never said I was "afraid" of these little bird seed munching clowns. Who did?? I think the whole point was,, is it right for the little turds to make death threats to hunters? What do you think?? Is it OK??

PS…I take my side-arm off and set it on the sink, when I sit on "the can"…unless its in a shoulder rig. It makes me feel like a real "Tough guy"…..LOL!

Why do you think anyone was addressing you in particular??  If the shoe fits, you can wear it, however.