It seems to me that the best way to create some new additional anti-gun laws is to keep intimidating people in this stupid and needless way. What is the point of this kind of demonstration. Frankly, I would also get a bit nervous about seeing people acting in this way in a store.

• Like 3

Agreed.  I've never understood the need for extremists to thumb their nose at society in this manner.  It doesn't help the cause.  It only only antagonizes the opposition and turns the public against all gun owners. 

• Like 2

They unnecessarily forced Target to take a stand. If you read the actual statement that the Target spokesperson released they really took a position that would still allow concealed carry. They are "asking" their customers to leave their guns at home. That is a position that is carefully constructed to pacify the anti's and leave the door open for a person that wants to concealed carry. They "asked"....I refused. They never said they would not allow guns in their stores from the articles I have read

I think that's the whole point about the 'opencarrytexas' loons.  Concealed carry wasn't an issue, as far as I know.  It was these goofballs walking around coffee shops and department stores with AR's slung over their shoulders just to show that they can.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone's comments.  Why do these people have the need to act in such a way?  Some come up with the excuse that it's their constitutional right and they just want to exercise it, which in my opinion is total BS.  In a civilized society which I hope ours is, you don't have anyone off the street coming into a department store with a rifle slung over their shoulders.  This is simply not acceptable behavior, just as it wouldn't be if you walked into the store buck naked.  Behavior such as this will do absolutely nothing to enhance the image of gun owners as responsible citizens.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone's comments.  Why do these people have the need to act in such a way?  Some come up with the excuse that it's their constitutional right and they just want to exercise it, which in my opinion is total BS.  In a civilized society which I hope ours is, you don't have anyone off the street coming into a department store with a rifle slung over their shoulders.  This is simply not acceptable behavior, just as it wouldn't be if you walked into the store buck naked.  Behavior such as this will do absolutely nothing to enhance the image of gun owners as responsible citizens.

DANG, Steve !! Does this mean I have to put my clothes on next time I go into Victoria Secret ??

How about if I just wear a peek-a-boo t-shirt and my speedo ??

DANG, Steve !! Does this mean I have to put my clothes on next time I go into Victoria Secret ??

How about if I just wear a peek-a-boo t-shirt and my speedo ??

If you were to go into Victoria Secrets with speedo's OR buck naked, they'd call security in no time flat.  The young ladies who fit into Victoria Secret garments don't need to be exposed to such horrors.  LOL

• Like 2

It says something about our country that it is still legal to do this in much of it. Try walking into a store in most of the rest of the worlds "civilized" countries and see what happens. Actions like this   just make it that much sooner that we have laws that specifically ban these actions.

Listening to the radio,A Target rep. stated that people open carrying where not banned , but where asked to comply with their request.

Edited by ncountry

These guys are tools. Plain and simple…Freaking tools….I bet they're the types that show up at the range & shoot rapid fire from the hip, watch Rambo reruns and touch themselves……

Sorry but I just hate it when tools like his make us all look bad.

They unnecessarily forced Target to take a stand. If you read the actual statement that the Target spokesperson released they really took a position that would still allow concealed carry. They are "asking" their customers to leave their guns at home. That is a position that is carefully constructed to pacify the anti's and leave the door open for a person that wants to concealed carry. They "asked"....I refused. They never said they would not allow guns in their stores from the articles I have read

you're right. i actually read that later on in a USA today article. It's funny how liberals and conservatives a like will misrepresent a story to gain support for their side.

The issue was with 'open carry', no?  How would anyone have any idea if a person was legally carrying a concealed weapon?

some places "govt buildings, banks, bars, parks" do not allow cc. Should you get caught you're in trouble. Now I come from the school that i'd rather deal with the consequences than be harmed, but the law is still the law. Some think they're cc is perfect, but anything can happen that can leaver your weapon exposed.

The picture has to be fake. The people don't look like they are together and I doubt Target mgt would let a group walk into the store with guns displayed like this.

it's very real. how much you think a target manager makes? and even if it's a lot, are you going to stop these guys? It's not illegal.

Edited by Belo

The picture has to be fake. The people don't look like they are together and I doubt Target mgt would let a group walk into the store with guns displayed like this.

How would they stop them?????

some places "govt buildings, banks, bars, parks" do not allow cc. Should you get caught you are in trouble.

Local laws vary but as far as I know it is not illegal in NY to carry in a bank or in a bar. The only trouble you could get in is being asked to leave. Govt buildings I agree and well as some parks. They have laws against that. Not the previous

It says something about our country that it is still legal to do this in much of it. Try walking into a store in most of the rest of the worlds "civilized" countries and see what happens. Actions like this   just make it that much sooner that we have laws that specifically ban these actions.

Listening to the radio,A Target rep. stated that people open carrying where not banned , but where asked to comply with their request.

Actually, in Israel, it's quite common and considered normal.  Soldiers hitch hike home with their AR's and are usually picked up by the first car that comes by.  School teachers are armed with semi-auto rifles in their classrooms, and they all know how to use them well, men and women both.  Of course, they are all required to serve 2 years in the military too.

Americans have been conditioned over the last 4 decades to fear firearms in public.  When I was 16 years old (40 years ago) I road my bicycle down main street with a 12 gauge in a gun case slung over my shoulder on my way to hunt ducks down by the river for the evening.  Nobody ever freaked out.  On the contrary, people were very impressed with a kid being independent enough to do that.  Even the cops wished me luck.

Those days are gone.  Not because guns changed, but because people did.

• Like 2

I hear you VJP As our population gets further and further from the land we lose touch with realities. In the country we still carry our guns in our trucks everyday, at least during hunting season. Still , out of respect I would leave my gun in the truck(out of sight and locked in) when getting out to walk down a town street or go into a store. I do not get strange looks when riding my bicycle from one of my local hunting spots a few miles up the road.  I could start knocking on doors all the way to town(8 miles) and would be not be surprised to find gun owners at every stop until I hit the village and then the #s are going to plummet. would I pick up an armed hitchhiker walking up a rural road apparently going or coming back from the woods?  probably. Would I pick up an AK carrying goof walking up main street?, not a chance.

and the funny part in many parts of this country, it is still acceptable.  You do not even have to conceal your handgun.  What a concept. That being said, these fools were looking for their 15 seconds of fame.  I guess it depends on where your civilized ideas come from. 

Actually, in Israel, it's quite common and considered normal.  Soldiers hitch hike home with their AR's and are usually picked up by the first car that comes by.  School teachers are armed with semi-auto rifles in their classrooms, and they all know how to use them well, men and women both.  Of course, they are all required to serve 2 years in the military too.

Americans have been conditioned over the last 4 decades to fear firearms in public.  When I was 16 years old (40 years ago) I road my bicycle down main street with a 12 gauge in a gun case slung over my shoulder on my way to hunt ducks down by the river for the evening.  Nobody ever freaked out.  On the contrary, people were very impressed with a kid being independent enough to do that.  Even the cops wished me luck.

Those days are gone.  Not because guns changed, but because people did.

A boy on his bike on his way to shoot ducks with his gun IN A CASE, is not the same as walking into a store with a loaded AR over your shoulder.