What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Had some nice pizzas on the grill but here is the golden ticket for after dinner. Some dry rub venison jerky being smoked in a mesquite/apple mix flavor and some Sam Adams summer ale beer in the liquid bowl. Hopefully it comes out good. 961eb96a0d195bd39577832fec94c7cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Had some nice pizzas on the grill but here is the golden ticket for after dinner. Some dry rub venison jerky being smoked in a mesquite/apple mix flavor and some Sam Adams summer ale beer in the liquid bowl. Hopefully it comes out good. 961eb96a0d195bd39577832fec94c7cf.jpg&key=345ae9c1377ce32fa660f400b492cde98aafda7b45919d08ed1bfe09fb95b1ce

How'd the jerky turn out ?

How'd the jerky turn out ?

It was really good. It needs more salt and dry rub. The smoke flavor was excellent and the perfect blend. The beer gave a great moistness to it with good flavor. Everything was on par but the dry rub. I will try again next week maybe. Going to smoke some turkey this weekend and some brats or something with it.

Marinating pork lion chops and I'm really not sure what else...something from the garden..maybe a mix of cooked kale,chard,beet greens,and collards...thinking about green fried tomatoes...we have a ton of them...

Last night was chicken sausage. long grain and wild rice,corn from last years crop(food saver,best invention),mixed green salad, and swisschard

Edited by growalot
  • Like 3

Smoked trout dip and crackers 2 smoked brown trout daughter caught. Equal parts cream cheese , sour cream , chives , splash of lemon juice, sprinkle of pepper , sprinkle of chicken rub. Could not keep the girls out of it. I had to stab them both in the hands with the serving spoon to get any. Now loaded nachos as a late snack. Gotta have daughter catch some more trout for dip again. Simply outstanding. I personally haven't killed a fish in 20 years. Daughter requested this dip as I told her about it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kpkot said:

That looks amazing 

Thanks.  It's good.  But for smoking to a rare-medium rare temp, I think I like the top round better.  Denver has more marbling but the top round seemed a bit more tender.  First time trying the Denver roast.  

• Like 1